ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Gable Donnybrook

Half joking, half not. The half not is in response to the posts in various threads that have highlighted the fact that PSU has so many top 10 PFP guys in their lineup, and that we need to be signing more of them. Personally, I like taking very good high school wrestlers and developing them into NCAA champions. Also, recruiting isn't all about rankings --- college coaches have to also determine if the wrestler is the right fit for the program, are they likely to keep improving (high ceiling), and other factors.

Kueter is #2 in his weight class, but #3 p4p in FLO's Big Board 2023.

I was puzzled by this a while back. The #2 p4p, Christian Carroll, is in the same weight class and despite Kueter being an age group World FS gold medalist, Carroll beat Kueter when they wrestled a little over a year ago, and it wasn't exactly close - a tech fall. Okla St gets Carroll.

Kueter is #2 in his weight class, but #3 p4p in FLO's Big Board 2023.

I was puzzled by this a while back. The #2 p4p, Christian Carroll, is in the same weight class and despite Kueter being an age group World FS gold medalist, Carroll beat Kueter when they wrestled a little over a year ago, and it wasn't exactly close - a tech fall. Okla St gets Carroll.
Carroll won in freestyle in the Fargo finals. Kueter won by fall in folkstyle a few months prior.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
732ssk.jpg

Gabe Arnold moves a little different than others. Been awhile since we had someone coming in with that type of movement skill. Obviously it's all based off great technique, but add in that movement skill and the sky is the limit for that kid.
I was trying to think of a comp for his twitchiness… maybe Teemer? Mason Parris?

Thank you. Made my heart smile seeing him back to his ‘ol was. Little bit of Iowa was all it took.
Makes me very happy to hear you say this, I hope his transition is as flawless as can be. I will also add from this lifelong Hawkeye fan, I can't wait to see him get us all fired up and I know he will. Good luck with the rest of the season and please keep us updated if you can. TIA

I know many of you guys are tired of reading my negative thoughts on ISU, but after reading both forums and the Clone fans' opinion on Naak vs Gabe...both preseason and Saturday's result...some ISU fans just can't acknowledge the appearance that the Hawks got the better kid.

That match was never in doubt and the gap looks substantial, imo.

I was trying to think of a comp for his twitchiness… maybe Teemer? Mason Parris?
the best comparison imo is mark hall. very similar style minus the mat wrestling. ducks, shucks, and upperbody stuff. incredible balance and feel. more slick than fast. fantastic mat iq.

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT