ADVERTISEMENT

de-commits and transfer thread

I think Brian is a good OL coach. He's out of his element as an OC.

He definitely needs some time away for things to cool off, but I'd welcome him back in a few years as OL coach and run game coordinator again. He excelled in that role IMO.
He ain't going anywhere. He was out prancing around in Carver last night.

Bill O'Brien called, actually.

It's correct that Iowa did not back off Holden due to academics. Alabama asked him not to return as well.

I'm kind of thinking that it's legal problems with Holden with everyone backing off on him.

After the loss to Nebraska, Iowa had to re-evaluate where they are as a program, gotta take their players!

Did Iowa recruit him originally? I don't remember him in
At least Iowa's AD had the good sense not to say such rubish AND not to fire the coaching staff.

About anyone but you I’d call bullshit on this

I have mixed emotions about Brian….. I still think he’s a good coach that was in a tough situation and would be fine with him staying and proving that

but the level of vitriol among our fans towards him isn’t healthy…… the guy if he’s not anything else is a Hawkeye to his core…..absolutely hate seeing him turned on like he has been

70% of those fans would have a high level of vitriol against any Iowa OC. No matter who it is.

The reporters at TOS pointed out on their podcast that Hausmann comes from a family of huge Nebraska fans. He’s transferring because Cornhusker fans were such assholes to his family when Hausmann wasn’t playing as well early in the season.

70% of those fans would have a high level of vitriol against any Iowa OC. No matter who it is.
I think north of 80% of Iowa fans are willing to give any coordinator a few years to see what he can do. If after 7 years, the offense becomes a national punchline, and is coming off of back to back historically bad offenses along with progressively worse offensive efficiency numbers for 4 consecutive years then it's definitely time for a change. And they wouldn't care what his last name was.

The reporters at TOS pointed out on their podcast that Hausmann comes from a family of huge Nebraska fans. He’s transferring because Cornhusker fans were such assholes to his family when Hausmann wasn’t playing as well early in the season.
Thank goodness we have a board full of people who are always so supportive of kids when they're in a slump 😂

The boards are here to vent, not blow sunshine up our collective asses. I cheered hard at three games, no booing, but a ton of head shaking and swearing
then they’re accomplishing that…….

I personally thought these boards were here to get information about my favorite team……that’s why I come here

definitely not to wade through incessant bitching and whining

The boards are here to vent, not blow sunshine up our collective asses. I cheered hard at three games, no booing, but a ton of head shaking and swearing
Knucklehead who you’re responding to is ultra sensitive, he cringed at the thought of objectivity to the Hawks.

Let that sting burn!

Put him in some Black & Gold ...

Bees Sting GIF by PBS Digital Studios

Reactions: hawktech
JFC. Even in his state of cognitive decline, there is absolutely no way KF can look at that graph and say “after fully evaluating the coaching staff, I’m bringing back our OC for a 7th year.” No way would any other HC in the history of football beyond H.S. come to that conclusion - in HISTORY!
ThAt graph is a fact. Hard to balance a 3 legged
Stool with only two legs

Uhh, that was too reference your sarcastic , smartass, bashing.
You go on with your life, believe what you want. You claimed you meant nothing by your comment.
Obviously you did.
Obviously you haven't experienced God in your life, those of us who have believe differently.
Let it go.
Why the need to bash someone's beliefs?
Live and let live.
Can you guys take this to the ot board. Because most don’t gaf. Thanks you, although it was entertaining

About anyone but you I’d call bullshit on this

I have mixed emotions about Brian….. I still think he’s a good coach that was in a tough situation and would be fine with him staying and proving that

but the level of vitriol among our fans towards him isn’t healthy…… the guy if he’s not anything else is a Hawkeye to his core…..absolutely hate seeing him turned on like he has been
I get what you are saying. People are pissed because of the offense and nothing happening to change it. With the new tv contract, nil and the portal this is big business. You can’t get paid close to a million dollars and not be held accountable for the results you are responsible for. That’s what looks bad and the father son dynamic does not help

I don't agree with this at all. The boards are to share information and get information about the Hawkeyes. I certainly have no interest in seeing people vent. Perhaps I am WAY in the minority.

I don't agree with this at all. The boards are to share information and get information about the Hawkeyes. I certainly have no interest in seeing people vent. Perhaps I am WAY in the minority.
Make no mistake, the information is the main reason, but after poor performances, poor seasons, it’s nice to vent with like minded Hawkeye fans

Make no mistake, the information is the main reason, but after poor performances, poor seasons, it’s nice to vent with like minded Hawkeye fans
typical in our society the people that whine the most get the most attention and think they’re in the majority

truth is they just attract the most attention while the majority is sick of listening to them

typical in our society the people that whine the most get the most attention and think they’re in the majority

truth is they just attract the most attention while the majority is sick of listening to them
Btw, my (no pic) wife and I went to see Violent Night yesterday evening. Loved watching you kick some serious ass in that movie. Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT