ADVERTISEMENT

de-commits and transfer thread

Alabama reminds me of Nebraska in the mid 90s. Lower the standards are far as possible to let people that don't belong in school skate by, to make the football program elite.
Don't they "give" grades any more? Like yes Jimmy you get an A. High schools in Iowa let kids openly retake exams multiple times until they get a grade they like (this is true). Are they not doing that in college yet?

This is exactly correct. I didn't intend to imply otherwise.

As I said, I appreciate the information @Bishop1971 has shared. I just think we all need to pump the brakes on the idea that anything is a done deal.
Very true. Just because there is mutual interest and we may even have "the lead" on some recruits there are going to be disappointments.

I wonder if another RB is leaving? So KJ, Leshon and Patterson are 1/2/3 on depth chart, it seems like we are "in" on at least two RB's and visiting more, unless we feel we need to target several before bringing one on board, or perhaps they play a different position once they get here.

1. Stanford transfer - may be ISU lean with his brother there
2. Nebraska decommit (2023 class) - most likely commit IMO
3. Deago Benson from TX (2023 class)
4. Coney (App State commit, 2023 class)

Liking us looking at those 2 WRs. We probably need 2-3 WR transfers.

Western Michigan WR transfer Corey Crooms
Charleston Southern WR transfer Seth Anderson

Also might be worth noting that Copeland is visiting one of them, that will probably put to bed the rumors of him leaving the program.

I think the lesson we can learn from the Holden situation, and the lesson we can apply to other rumored situations, is that there is still a lot of things that need to play out before we learn where some of these players will end up. The portal didn't even open until yesterday, so technically, I don't think the coaching staff could even talk to potential transfers until this week (with grad transfers like McNamara being an exception).

I appreciate the information @Bishop1971 and others have shared, but it's clear that there are no "done deals" with most of these guys. Certainly, the notion that we would see a wave of incoming transfers within hours or the portal opening seems to have been a fairy tale.

That said, there seem to be clear signs that the coaching staff is taking a more aggressive stance toward the portal this year, and I am hopeful that we will see some results for this effort. But the Iowa staff is going to do its due diligence on all of these guys. The players will likely explore multiple potential opportunities. There will be campus visits, etc. I believe there is reason for optimism, but we will have to be patient as these things play themselves out.
@Bishop1971 never said he had information on Holden. In fact, he said he was surprised by the rumors.

Reactions: Lumas Etima
Also the db Washington is meeting with pp. He's a ball hawk and would fit in with our d very well

I wonder if another RB is leaving? So KJ, Leshon and Patterson are 1/2/3 on depth chart, it seems like we are "in" on at least two RB's and visiting more, unless we feel we need to target several before bringing one on board, or perhaps they play a different position once they get here.

1. Stanford transfer - may be ISU lean with his brother there
2. Nebraska decommit (2023 class) - most likely commit IMO
3. Deago Benson from TX (2023 class)
4. Coney (App State commit, 2023 class)
Multiple recruits because you don't always get the one you are after.

Multiple recruits because you don't always get the one you are after.
Also, assuming you are limited in how many commitments you will accept at a position, having multiple targets puts a little pressure on each guy to commit (before the offer is gone).

We may need to start a post with a master list of all the portal guys we are reportedly looking at. Where's @Franisdaman when you need him? ;)

I know right? I'm guilty of it too, see a lot of info and posting in different threads. Franny must be busy in NYC with the bball team..

I am thinking of naming it the *****OFFICIAL SHIT SHOW / PORTAL POTTY THREAD*****

thoughts? :)

it would be interesting to have one thread showing / discussing who has left, who's coming, and who Iowa is looking at. but i guess we need a thread each time someone enters the portal :)

this portal potty, as I have stated before, stinks!

I am thinking of naming it the *****OFFICIAL SHIT SHOW / PORTAL POTTY THREAD*****

thoughts? :)

it would be interesting to have one thread showing / discussing who has left, who's coming, and who Iowa is looking at. but i guess we need a thread each time someone enters the portal :)

this portal potty, as I have stated before, stinks!
Only if we can do some alternative announcements for entering the portal.

'First off I would like to thank my family, God and the NCAA for allowing me to enter the portal. My time at this school was truly horrible, from meatloaf Tuesday to only getting steak on Sunday when we lost I just couldn't take it. I never got a shot because they felt that I needed to lift weights all year, man I have things to do. I am looking forward to being anywhere but at this school and I hope to come back here as a visiting player and kick their a**. The problem is only 15,000 people go to the games and I can't get on tv to go to the league. Peace out'

Reactions: Thunderlips71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT