ADVERTISEMENT

Defense Secretary Austin orders renaming of military bases with Confederate ties - will cost 62.5 million.

I care.

62.5 million is NOT a non issue for responsible people.

I'd hate to see the credit card statements of HROT leftists.
Again, where are your posts bitching about the 2 billion tax breaks for the wealthy? Where are your posts bitching about the deficit and spending when Rs are President? That's necessary spending, right?

There are truly posts that you shouldn't make. This is one of them you goddamn idiot.

Try answering the question Tom.

What makes you think the George Floyd death was racially motivated? During the Chauvin trial, can you point out any instances where race was brought up?

Says the idiot who would vote for Herschel Walker over a good human. You like corruption.

Ex-Wife Accuses Warnock of Neglecting Children, Failing To Pay Childcare Expenses​

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I don’t really give a shit. Hardly pearl clutching but I have to laugh how we don’t even blink at lighting money on fire over dumb shit like this these days.
When I don’t give a sh*t about something I ignore it instead of crying on a random message board. Give it a try sometime.

Reactions: blhawk

Ex-Wife Accuses Warnock of Neglecting Children, Failing To Pay Childcare Expenses​

Washington Free Beacon​

right021.png

MBFCMixed.png

RIGHT BIAS​

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
  • Overall, we rate the Washington Free Beacon Right Biased based on story selection that favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading and false claims.

According to the commission’s report, Fort Benning will be named Fort Moore; Fort Polk will be renamed Fort Johnson; Fort Bragg will become Fort Liberty; Fort Gordon will become Fort Eisenhower; Fort Hood will become Fort Cavazos; Fort Lee will become Fort Gregg-Adams; Fort Pickett will become Fort Barfoot; Fort Rucker will be renamed to Fort Novosel.

The federally mandated Naming Committee estimated the undertaking to cost as much as $62.5 million, according to Stars and Stripes.

Full article:
Apparently Biden didn't think $500 billion for student loans was a big enough waste of taxpayer money to buy votes for his leftist base so he thought another $62.5 million might help buy more votes.

What’s the limit of your whataboutisms and love for traitors? It seems bottomless. If Trump had done this you’d have cheered the move.
I personally think this is a good move and the dollar amount is a drop in the bucket compared to what this government wastes, but you know dang well if Trump did this you would bemoan the price tag.

I personally think this is a good move and the dollar amount is a drop in the bucket compared to what this government wastes, but you know dang well if Trump did this you would bemoan the price tag.
People have wanted this done for a long time so I doubt it but your point is moot as everyone knows Trump would never ever do this. It's his base who are pissed about it

I checked out William Henry Johnson who inspired the new name for Fort Polk. (Where I once spent a year)

He seems like a worthy fellow. He has loads of (posthumous) medals including one from France. (His unit was attached to a French unit during WWI.)

The American Legion Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., son of former United States President Theodore Roosevelt, once referred to Johnson as one of the "five bravest Americans" to have served in World War I.

.... and much more is mentioned on Wikipedia.

That's actually pretty impressive considering the source. Roosevelt Jr was no slouch when it came to the courage under fire department. He was later awarded a Medal of Honor after going in with the first wave on D-day on Utah beach at the age of 56 while not being able to walk without the assistance of a cane. . . after specifically requesting to go in with first wave.

This guy stormed the beaches at Normandy. WITH HIS SON

Ted_Cane_France.jpg

lol

62.5mn is .0011% of the govt 5.35 trillion expense.

if your average leftist makes $100k, you’re judging how they spend roughly $1.

I can’t tell if you are 6 years old and just haven’t developed the part of the brain that approaches logic, or if you’re an 80 year old who is so stubborn they refuse to use any part of their brain to learn.
Are you assuming he has a brain?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Yawn. If you want to get upset about foolish spending take a look at political ads, PACS and other campaign finance. Ridiculous amounts that Mitch McConnell refuses to address now but opposed before he became the beneficiary.

These days, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell regularly scoffs at Democrats’ sweeping anti-corruption bill to set up more transparency around money in politics, and promote expanded voting rights.

But 46 years ago, he praised many of the ideas that the bill, known as HR 1, contains. He called money in politics a “cancer” in a 1973 Courier-Journal op-ed about a local campaign finance ordinance that he complained didn’t go far enough to address the issue (Fred Wertheimer at Democracy 21 first published the McConnell op-ed).

Changing the names won't erase the history. Most of the Confederate Generals had distinguished service in the US Army.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion they were all racists. They weren't. Here's a link to a discussion on the subject. It probably won't change any minds, but maybe it will give a few people a different perspective.

https://www.justsecurity.org/44479/...derate-generals-west-point-army-robert-e-lee/

Yawn. If you want to get upset about foolish spending take a look at political ads, PACS and other campaign finance. Ridiculous amounts that Mitch McConnell refuses to address now but opposed before he became the beneficiary.

These days, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell regularly scoffs at Democrats’ sweeping anti-corruption bill to set up more transparency around money in politics, and promote expanded voting rights.

But 46 years ago, he praised many of the ideas that the bill, known as HR 1, contains. He called money in politics a “cancer” in a 1973 Courier-Journal op-ed about a local campaign finance ordinance that he complained didn’t go far enough to address the issue (Fred Wertheimer at Democracy 21 first published the McConnell op-ed).
That's not tax money, so you are trying to compare apples and oranges.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
That's not tax money, so you are trying to compare apples and oranges.
They are both fruit - and one is a LOT of apples vs. a few oranges. The point is there are many more wasteful and harmful funding efforts than the one being complained about in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Changing the names won't erase the history. Most of the Confederate Generals had distinguished service in the US Army.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion they were all racists. They weren't. Here's a link to a discussion on the subject. It probably won't change any minds, but maybe it will give a few people a different perspective.

https://www.justsecurity.org/44479/...derate-generals-west-point-army-robert-e-lee/

No one is erasing history, we're just deciding to stop honoring people who fought for a evil cause.

And while they may have had US army careers before the war of southern treason, they are not known for that historically. Without the war of southern treason no one would even know who they were. They wouldn't have even been a footnote in history.

No one is erasing history, we're just deciding to stop honoring people who fought for a evil cause.

And while they may have had US army careers before the war of southern treason, they are not known for that historically. Without the war of southern treason no one would even know who they were. They wouldn't have even been a footnote in history.
Some fought for slavery, and some fought for states rights, and some fought for both. Lee had already freed slaves. It was a different time, and had different views on slavery.

That's actually pretty impressive considering the source. Roosevelt Jr was no slouch when it came to the courage under fire department. He was later awarded a Medal of Honor after going in with the first wave on D-day on Utah beach at the age of 56 while not being able to walk without the assistance of a cane. . . after specifically requesting to go in with first wave.

This guy stormed the beaches at Normandy. WITH HIS SON

Ted_Cane_France.jpg
Yeah, that’s a good story about TR Jr.

Stumbled upon his tombstone one time in the American Cemetery in Normandy.

62 million to change names, wow, Change them if you want, but it shouldn't cost 62 million dollars to do so.

@BlackNGoldBleeder still feeling good about this admin not blowing every spending/debt number out of the water?
It shouldn’t cost that much, but no government building or institution in the United States of America should ever bear the name of anyone who was part of the Confederacy.

F#ck all those desecrations.

You’re right on all accounts, Doobs.

Some fought for slavery, and some fought for states rights, and some fought for both. Lee had already freed slaves. It was a different time, and had different views on slavery.
Again, irrelevant. Regardless of their reasons for committing treason, they are still traitors and enemies to the United States of America. They deserve the same adulation as Benedict Arnold.

They only fought for states rights to have slaves. Outside of that issue they didn't care about states rights. The confederate constitution required all slaves be slave states. Furthermore they where mad that other states having rights and deciding not to spend time and resources capturing and returning fugitive slaves.

No one there fought for states rights as an ideology. It was only a code for "slaves"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT