ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive lineup...strictly defense

perryhawk

HR Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Perry, Iowa
So, this lineup could be situational at the moment because there isn't a lot of offense here, but this is the defensive type lineup I imagined when Fran recruited all of these long and athletic players.

PG Williams
2G Moss
Front Line: Baer, Uhl, Wagner, and maybe Kreiner?

Pemsl could work there.
Cook is moving in the right direction.
I think Maishee fits the long and athletic part and seemed to play reasonable defense the few times we have seen him.

Next year we might add Garza, not necessarily a shot blocker but just the size to clog the lane and rebound. Who am I leaving out?

Last qualifier, I am not saying these guys don't still need work...I know they have some lapses, but the potential is significant.....those two guards in particular could be a very tough match up.

Any lineup that includes Uhl makes me cringe. I am not putting him under the microscope for all of our struggles, but we needed him step up offensively and be capable of doing something given he is ineffective in the paint. To say he has underwhelmed would be an understatement. Last night was more of the same-clanking open 3's and brutal decision making. He does not need to be guarded when on the floor and that is pretty damn pathetic in his junior season IMO.

Any lineup that includes Uhl makes me cringe. I am not putting him under the microscope for all of our struggles, but we needed him step up offensively and be capable of doing something given he is ineffective in the paint. To say he has underwhelmed would be an understatement. Last night was more of the same-clanking open 3's and brutal decision making. He does not need to be guarded when on the floor and that is pretty damn pathetic in his junior season IMO.

I agree that he has hurt us offensively, but defensively he is almost a special player. If an opposing team has a fairly quick and crafty outside shooter/scorer.......we have a long athletic 6'9" guy that can guard on the perimeter. He would have been good covering Blackman last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT