ADVERTISEMENT

Dembele

Ladji just posted to his Instagram story that he is announcing his commitment on Tuesday night at 11pm central. He's deleted all of his instagram posts except for his Iowa and Wake visit photos. Take it for what that is.
So, midnight? That's different.

his announcement is at 4 pm CT

Then I'll hurry to read all the posts celebrating him choosing the Hawks when I get home.

thumbs-up.gif

Iowa needs another post player. Hopefully can get one in the Portal. Looks as if the NIL game needs to step up.
Not sure Iowa needs a center. Last year they did well with the current bigs except Keegan and, with the current group playing as well as they are, I think this team can match up with anyone on their schedule.

Going forward, if one of the current bigs doesn't show progress and decides to leave, Iowa could get a portal transfer for next year. But I wouldn't worry about it this year.

His close proximity in New Jersey combined with the adjusted announcement time, now occurring just in front of the Iowa/Seton Hall tip off does make this quite interesting...

Not sure Iowa needs a center. Last year they did well with the current bigs except Keegan and, with the current group playing as well as they are, I think this team can match up with anyone on their schedule.

Going forward, if one of the current bigs doesn't show progress and decides to leave, Iowa could get a portal transfer for next year. But I wouldn't worry about it this year.
I just don't think big 7 footers are the future of college basketball. Its becoming more like the NBA, from what little I know of the NBA. Play a bunch of athletic 6'8"/6'9" guys that can handle the ball, shoot the ball and switch off on defense. We were fine last year without a big guy and I think this year we will be even better.

Iowa is very thin at 4 and 5 this year, unless JoshO and/or Mulvey suddenly emerge. Right now, Connor is our back up at 4, and Kris would have to slide to 5... Injury, foul trouble, etc. would really hurt this year. We can go small against most teams, but some of the B1G teams would be tough to handle without Rebraca and Kris both playing most of the minutes.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate

You do realize the current center is a 5th year senior so he will definitely leave.

I just don't think big 7 footers are the future of college basketball. Its becoming more like the NBA, from what little I know of the NBA. Play a bunch of athletic 6'8"/6'9" guys that can handle the ball, shoot the ball and switch off on defense. We were fine last year without a big guy and I think this year we will be even better.
It is definitely trending that way. The days of "air craft carriers" are over and it's cruisers and destroyers that get you in to the Sweet Sixteen.

Iowa is very thin at 4 and 5 this year, unless JoshO and/or Mulvey suddenly emerge. Right now, Connor is our back up at 4, and Kris would have to slide to 5... Injury, foul trouble, etc. would really hurt this year. We can go small against most teams, but some of the B1G teams would be tough to handle without Rebraca and Kris both playing most of the minutes.
Same as last year for the most part. And if you mean small with a front line of 6'10", 6'9", 6'9", and 6'8", then I'll have to disagree. With the current starting lineup, Iowa can rebound pretty well.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Same as last year for the most part. And if you mean small with a front line of 6'10", 6'9", 6'9", and 6'8", then I'll have to disagree. With the current starting lineup, Iowa can rebound pretty well.
I have to disagree. This year is not close to the same as last year, when we had Keegan, Rebraca and Kris, with Connor when needed, to play 4/5. Now, only Rebraca and Kris, with Connor. Some of the other guys are tall enough to play 4/5, especially Patrick, but he is NOT nearly strong or physical enough to play against many B1G 4/5s. If JoshO or Mulvey can't fill some minutes effectively, this lack of depth is a serious weakness, especially if Rebraca or Kris can't play most of the 4/5 minutes.

Reactions: Rifler
Makes sense. Even though Seton Hall is in South Orange NJ they plays their home games in Newark, Ladji’s hometown.

Not sure I'd call it his "hometown", it is more where he's playing prep basketball. He's from Bamako, Mali

He's kinda like the Murray's. He'll be 20 years old before playing a college game, was a guard before he had late growth spurt, so has good handles. Not the shooter the Murray's are but he has a lot of upside.

Thete
I have to disagree. This year is not close to the same as last year, when we had Keegan, Rebraca and Kris, with Connor when needed, to play 4/5. Now, only Rebraca and Kris, with Connor. Some of the other guys are tall enough to play 4/5, especially Patrick, but he is NOT nearly strong or physical enough to play against many B1G 4/5s. If JoshO or Mulvey can't fill some minutes effectively, this lack of depth is a serious weakness, especially if Rebraca or Kris can't play most of the 4/5 minutes.
There's a new kid starting. Remember him?

😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT