ADVERTISEMENT

Democracy

Sharky1203

HR All-American
Silver Member
Sep 14, 2023
The very fact that if you ask hundred people on the street, what kind of government is America supposed to be, 99% of them will tell you a Democracy. America is supposed to be a democracy. But that's a lie. That's an illusion. The word democracy isn't written once in the Constitution or the Bill of Right or the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers hated the idea of a democracy. They thought it was the worst form of government there is. And I agree with them because 51% rules the 49% of the people. If you're the 49% you're not free. America was found as a constitutional republic and in that constitutional republic we have, 99% can't take away the rights of the 1%. The phycological illusion is that the majority is the ruling class and can take away the rights of the minority. That's why the founding fathers didn't want a democracy. They now make us believe that the majority set the rules. That is where we are today.

Which one are you?

Last edited:
We botched it.
botch-job-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.png

Reactions: Moral
The very fact that if you a hundred people on the street, what kind of government is America supposed to be, 99% of them will tell you a Democracy. America is supposed to be a democracy. But that's a lie. That's an illusion. The word democracy isn't written once in the Constitution or the Bill of Right or the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers hated the idea of a democracy. They thought it was the worst form of government there is. And I agree with them because 51% rules the 49% of the people. If you're the 49% you're not free. America was found as a constitutional republic and in that constitutional republic we have, 99% can't take away the rights of the 1%. The phycological illusion is that the majority is the ruling class and can take away the rights of the minority. That's why the founding fathers didn't want a democracy. They now make us believe that the majority set the rules. That is where we are today.

Which one are you?
First,
You should consider running your text through Grammarly or a similar tool. Your paragraph contains multiple errors and is difficult to read.

To the content:
Can you cite the resources used to generate your conclusions?

The founders of the United States were not in favor of a direct democracy due to several reasons. One of the primary reasons cited was the limitation of a "pure" or direct democracy in the number of people that could be governed.
In Federalist 10 Madison wrote:
A republic, by which I mean a government in which the scheme of representation takes place, opens a different prospect, and promises the cure for which we are seeking. Let us examine the points in which it varies from pure democracy, and we shall comprehend both the nature of the cure and the efficacy which it must derive from the Union.

The two great points of difference between a democracy and a republic are: first, the delegation of the government, in the latter, to a small number of citizens elected by the rest; secondly, the greater number of citizens, and greater sphere of country, over which the latter may be extended.

Hamilton spoke of the virtues of a "representative democracy" in his letter to
From Alexander Hamilton to Gouverneur Morris, 19 May 1777
But a representative democracy, where the right of election is well secured and regulated & the exercise of the legislative, executive and judiciary authorities, is vested in select persons, chosen really and not nominally by the people, will in my opinion be most likely to be happy, regular and durable.

Conclusion: Making a declarative statement of what type of government the US was founded upon based on what is not included in the Constitution allows for a very limited response. Using that logic, the US is also not a representative republic or a constitutional republic, we are a Republican Form of Government.

The fact of the matter is, American Democracy is in the end stages of its life due to capitalism. Capitalism, at its core, will ultimately devolve into monopolistic exploitation of the lower classes. We have allowed this to go on basically unabatedly for far too long, and now we are in the stage of reaping what we've sowed.

The fact of the matter is, American Democracy is in the end stages of its life due to capitalism. Capitalism, at its core, will ultimately devolve into monopolistic exploitation of the lower classes. We have allowed this to go on basically unabatedly for far too long, and now we are in the stage of reaping what we've sowed.
Awesome point. And I say capitalist like Bill Gates (for example) have been using the government for creating a situation that is making our government the largest capitalist in the country.

Reactions: drew_hawk and Moral
Awesome point. And I say capitalist like Bill Gates (for example) have been using the government for creating a situation that is making our government the largest capitalist in the country.

We heard you like capitalism. So we put some capitalism in your capitalism so you can capitalism while you capitalism.

People who try to claim sedition or secession are legitimate ways to address disagreements with their government are in no position to define what democracy or a democratic republic are.
At least we get to watch a movie about what's coming, Sarge.

So, Capitalism with checks and balances?

Reactions: Moral
The very fact that if you a hundred people on the street, what kind of government is America supposed to be, 99% of them will tell you a Democracy. America is supposed to be a democracy. But that's a lie. That's an illusion. The word democracy isn't written once in the Constitution or the Bill of Right or the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers hated the idea of a democracy. They thought it was the worst form of government there is. And I agree with them because 51% rules the 49% of the people. If you're the 49% you're not free. America was found as a constitutional republic and in that constitutional republic we have, 99% can't take away the rights of the 1%. The phycological illusion is that the majority is the ruling class and can take away the rights of the minority. That's why the founding fathers didn't want a democracy. They now make us believe that the majority set the rules. That is where we are today.

Which one are you?
Conservatives want 30% of the people to rule over all of us. So 70% are not free.

Reactions: auntie_fah
Conservatives want 30% of the people to rule over all of us. So 70% are not free.
Silly of me. Of course it's the Republicans fault. Why didn't I think of that. Nancy never ever did anything that wasn't by partisan. Everything she passed was completely passed with Republican votes and help. Don't be brainwashed.

The very fact that if you ask hundred people on the street, what kind of government is America supposed to be, 99% of them will tell you a Democracy. America is supposed to be a democracy. But that's a lie. That's an illusion. The word democracy isn't written once in the Constitution or the Bill of Right or the Declaration of Independence. The founding fathers hated the idea of a democracy. They thought it was the worst form of government there is. And I agree with them because 51% rules the 49% of the people. If you're the 49% you're not free. America was found as a constitutional republic and in that constitutional republic we have, 99% can't take away the rights of the 1%. The phycological illusion is that the majority is the ruling class and can take away the rights of the minority. That's why the founding fathers didn't want a democracy. They now make us believe that the majority set the rules. That is where we are today.

Which one are you?
according to Oxford - "a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives" - I'm sure that covers many forms of governments, including ours, but does not get into specifics on implementation

according to Oxford - "a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives" - I'm sure that covers many forms of governments, including ours, but does not get into specifics on implementation
That's about par for an English University.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT