ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats Will Gut The ACA At First Chance

Mar 14, 2003
Make no mistake about it. The ACA was meant to fail. They will gut it at first chance for full control over healthcare. I don't know about you, but I like my private plan. I like my doctors.

I pay a bundle every month to cover my two sons and I under a plan with a deductible higher than most Americans could afford to pay if they had an emergency. Over the last few years, I have been to a doctor three times - twice to get something to help ease gout flare ups, once for a colonoscopy. The only time the boys have been is for annual physicals required to play high school sports.
I don’t much care about my doctor. If I saw her in a restaurant I probably would not recognize her and I am certain she would not recognize me. I like the agent through whom we buy our health insurance, he is a good friend - but I wish his commission earned from our policy was less. I don’t give a rats ass about anyone at the actual insurance company, I have never met any of them.

I pay a bundle every month to cover my two sons and I under a plan with a deductible higher than most Americans could afford to pay if they had an emergency. Over the last few years, I have been to a doctor three times - twice to get something to help ease gout flare ups, once for a colonoscopy. The only time the boys have been is for annual physicals required to play high school sports.
I don’t much care about my doctor. If I saw her in a restaurant I probably would not recognize her and I am certain she would not recognize me. I like the agent through whom we buy our health insurance, he is a good friend - but I wish his commission earned from our policy was less. I don’t give a rats ass about anyone at the actual insurance company, I have never met any of them.
“Money for nothing and chicks for free...”

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Interesting thread... so the Democrats are “pretending” to support Obamacare and the GOP “have said” they support pre-existing conditions.

When did political commentary begin to sound more like religion than news?
See, you read between the lines quite well. Preach on.

Once we began to call it the “health care system” that am what it am.
A #@,”’$& system.
Whatever happened to “First, do no harm.”

Reactions: SeaPA
Medicaid for all would eliminate two million private health insurance workers jobs and put numerous insurance companies out of business.
And costs an estimated 4 trillion annually. That’s 1100/month per US citizen. And that assumes everyone pays exactly the same. No cut outs for income (poor) or for age (seniors).

Can most families of four afford 4400/month?

Medicaid for all would eliminate two million private health insurance workers jobs and put numerous insurance companies out of business.

I don’t think so. Do you know how Medicare benefits are paid now? Do you know how most states manage and pay Medicaid benefits?

And costs an estimated 4 trillion annually. That’s 1100/month per US citizen. And that assumes everyone pays exactly the same. No cut outs for income (poor) or for age (seniors).

Can most families of four afford 4400/month?

Americans pay very nearly that much right now in healthcare costs. In addition, Medicare has relatively low Administrative costs and reimbursement rates. The money is for the most part there.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Fantastic news. That’s a feature not a bug. You just admitted the current system is an inefficient money grab and single payer would save billions. This debate is over.

So how do you cover pre-existing conditions and keep healthcare costs low? What’s the plan? I’ll hang up and listen.

Easy, my pre-existing conditions get covered and you get to pick up the cost,.. My healthcare costs are low, so I'm happy,.. You're costs went up significantly, so you're not happy,... que sera sera

... and it would save many lives and much money.
The insurance companies have done it to themselves. Middlemen who could serve the rich only. Get them out of the poor and working peoples lives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT