ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis suspends Hillsborough County State Attorney for failure to enforce state laws, will seek his dismissal....

Was there enough evidence to prosecute? Do we know, or are we just taking the word of the worthless sheriff?

BTW, this clown State Attorney was on NPR's "Florida Roundup" show today. He also won't prosecute driving on a suspended license charges because the law "criminalizes poverty." He is absolutely failing to enforce Florida laws and the governor is well within his authority under the state constitution to remove him.

BTW, this clown State Attorney was on NPR's "Florida Roundup" show today. He also won't prosecute driving on a suspended license charges because the law "criminalizes poverty." He is absolutely failing to enforce Florida laws and the governor is well within his authority under the state constitution to remove him.
The Governor is a pitiful little stooge.

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
Have you ever been not ticketed after having been stopped for speeding?

This thread is hilarious. I don't know what's funnier - Righties pumping their fists over RDS trying to out a political rival, or Lefties acting like AW is some victim being wronged by his fascist governor.

This is all a political play set in motion by AW. He basically came out and said he was not going to prosecute a Florida law. That gives the Gov the right to suspend him and call for his dismissal, which he will certainly get from his puppet senate. You think AW is surprised by this or that RDS is pulling a shocking power play? JFC.

AW is obviously taking one for the team - team Pro Choice. He'll get removed from office, but it's part of his plan and not the last we'll hear from him. And although this isn't anywhere near the top undemocratic things RDS has done, the headlines will paint him as Trump 2.0, using his authority to remove anyone in government not doing his bidding (obviously as seen in this thread). This will pump up the MAGA crowd (also obviously as seen in this thread), but not going to expand his base, which he will need if he's going to get the Rep nomination and certainly if he's going to be elected POTUS. So, this entire thing is a big nothing burger.

I know that "wins" and "fake outrage" are a big part of HROT, but GMAFB.

This thread is hilarious. I don't know what's funnier - Righties pumping their fists over RDS trying to out a political rival, or Lefties acting like AW is some victim being wronged by his fascist governor.

This is all a political play set in motion by AW. He basically came out and said he was not going to prosecute a Florida law. That gives the Gov the right to suspend him and call for his dismissal, which he will certainly get from his puppet senate. You think AW is surprised by this or that RDS is pulling a shocking power play? JFC.

AW is obviously taking one for the team - team Pro Choice. He'll get removed from office, but it's part of his plan and not the last we'll hear from him. And although this isn't anywhere near the top undemocratic things RDS has done, the headlines will paint him as Trump 2.0, using his authority to remove anyone in government not doing his bidding (obviously as seen in this thread). This will pump up the MAGA crowd (also obviously as seen in this thread), but not going to expand his base, which he will need if he's going to get the Rep nomination and certainly if he's going to be elected POTUS. So, this entire thing is a big nothing burger.

I know that "wins" and "fake outrage" are a big part of HROT, but GMAFB.
This is the most rational thing I’ve seen on this board.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
This is the most rational thing I’ve seen on this board.
Exchanges like this one this board just drive me nuts. If there were a states attorney in California who publicly announced that he was not going to allow gay marriage in his circuit, Newsom would do the exact same thing and that guy would have the exact same fate as a result of throwing himself on the sword for something he believes in. Then we'd have a thread on this board started by a fist-pumping Lefty, with outraged Righties countering with accusations of Communist Newsom overstepping his authority by removing a duly elected political rival. It just gets really tiresome....

Exchanges like this one this board just drive me nuts. If there were a states attorney in California who publicly announced that he was not going to allow gay marriage in his circuit, Newsom would do the exact same thing and that guy would have the exact same fate as a result of throwing himself on the sword for something he believes in. Then we'd have a thread on this board started by a fist-pumping Lefty, with outraged Righties countering with accusations of Communist Newsom overstepping his authority by removing a duly elected political rival. It just gets really tiresome....
That would have been a short trip.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has suspended a George Soros-backed prosecutor for failing to enforce state laws and will seek his dismissal.
6pexwa.jpg

I see it as a GOVERNOR trying to steal an election, cons love that when they don't get their own way.

Reactions: lucas80
Back in August, when I posted it, I was riffing on this nonsense:

It's simple, they wanna say they are fascists but that's not a cool word right now, so they gotta use euphemisms. "I'm traditional"
"I'm nationalist"
"I'm a patriot"
"I care about free speech"
etc.
There hasn't been a case yet that was the issue on the topic

So...you're saying any prosecutors who doesn't prosecute every single case that crosses their desks are guilty of not enforcing the law? They have no prosecutorial discretion?
I'm saying prosecutors making blanket statements that they won't prosecute laws on the books aren't simply exercising free speech, and can be held accountable for those statements and (in)actions.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I'm saying prosecutors making blanket statements that they won't prosecute laws on the books aren't simply exercising free speech, and can be held accountable for those statements and (in)actions.
So how do we hold elected officials accountable when they aren't doing anything illegal?

Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT