ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto

He got down to Gross and battled, he's beaten this guy at least twice. I don't buy the mental thing.
He's a warrior. Got taken down by Decatur in five seconds. Came back and destroyed him.

I want to be clear. I’m not saying he didn’t tweak something or feel discomfort. I don’t mean to imply he was faking an injury to get out of the cradle.

I just don’t think it’s a serious injury. I think he got rattled and he didn’t respond as well as he could have.

bchawkfan said:

Im going to get blasted for this take, but I think he was hurt more mentally than physically. We shall see. Either way not good.

You should get blasted for that garbage opinion.
[/quote]

Did you read Brands quote after the match?

Reactions: TtotheL
Defend this. Don’t just be a dick and claim this. Defend your point.
I think he got rattled and couldn’t settle his emotions back down. I just read Brand’s quote and he basically confirmed that.

Direct quote

“I don’t know how much he’s been injured like this," Brands said. "I think he maybe could have handled that a little bit differently, being calmer on the mat.
“I think if we could have gotten him calmed down a little bit, we could have gotten back in that match."

Is that a suitable defense for you spoon boy?[/QUOTE]

Much better than the drive by BS you dropped before. You could have done that the first time instead of making an allegation like that with nothing to back it up.

bchawkfan said:

Defend this. Don’t just be a dick and claim this. Defend your point.

I think he got rattled and couldn’t settle his emotions back down. I just read Brand’s quote and he basically confirmed that.

Direct quote

“I don’t know how much he’s been injured like this," Brands said. "I think he maybe could have handled that a little bit differently, being calmer on the mat.
“I think if we could have gotten him calmed down a little bit, we could have gotten back in that match."

Is that a suitable defense for you spoon boy?[/QUOTE]

Much better than the drive by BS you dropped before. You could have done that the first time instead of making an allegation like that with nothing to back it up.
[/quote]

I didn’t have anything to back my initial (turns out to be correct) opinion. This is an online message board and that’s what people do. They give their opinions. I didn’t blast Desanto or call him a quitter. Just gave my observation.

Based on what my eyes saw. Based on what Brands said. Based on what I know about DeSanto... my take:

Absolutely got injured. He may have torn something or at the very least thought he did. Anyone that has played sports, knows sometimes injuries feel worse than they really are.

His reaction was pretty clear: frightened that he got seriously hurt. No matter if anyone wants to admit it or even talk about it, DeSanto has some issues mentally. I think he got hurt, got rattled and didn’t think he could go anymore. All of what I just said is OK.

Coach Brands comments lead me to believe that DeSanto really got in his head and reacted poorly. I don’t think anyone is saying DeSanto faked an injury or gave up. That dude is a fighter and has shown that throughout his two years here.

I am damn proud of how far DeSanto has come on and off the mat in Iowa City. I’m hopeful this was a minor tweak and scare. He will come back a better wrestler. Based on his demeanor on bench, lack of ice on knee, etc I’m going to guess this is a minor injury and we will see him at Big Tens.

Not sure what he needs to defend. He said he thought it could be the case. I would say there could be some truth to it.

He basically claimed one of our guys faked an injury. No real elaboration as to why.

If you don’t understand why people reacted negatively, you’re an imbecile.

Reactions: el dub
Not sure what he needs to defend. He said he thought it could be the case. I would say there could be some truth to it.
And like Brands said, they don't know yet. Time will tell when he gets checked out more. People are reading into the comments too much. He may or may not be injured, he may or may not have been able to keep going is what Brands said.

Reactions: Spaceman Spifff
Based on what my eyes saw. Based on what Brands said. Based on what I know about DeSanto... my take:

Absolutely got injured. He may have torn something or at the very least thought he did. Anyone that has played sports, knows sometimes injuries feel worse than they really are.

His reaction was pretty clear: frightened that he got seriously hurt. No matter if anyone wants to admit it or even talk about it, DeSanto has some issues mentally. I think he got hurt, got rattled and didn’t think he could go anymore. All of what I just said is OK.

Coach Brands comments lead me to believe that DeSanto really got in his head and reacted poorly. I don’t think anyone is saying DeSanto faked an injury or gave up. That dude is a fighter and has shown that throughout his two years here.

I am damn proud of how far DeSanto has come on and off the mat in Iowa City. I’m hopeful this was a minor tweak and scare. He will come back a better wrestler. Based on his demeanor on bench, lack of ice on knee, etc I’m going to guess this is a minor injury and we will see him at Big Tens.
This seems plausible

Reactions: bchawkfan
blusballz said:

He basically claimed one of our guys faked an injury. No real elaboration as to why.

[/quote]

Absolutely not what I said, but ok.

Are people calling Tom an idiot? He basically said what I said in more words.

I’ll give a detailed reason why I said what I did if it’ll make you feel better.

1. They did an ACL test on the mat and then continued to let him wrestle.

2. Tom was pointing to his head when he was on the ground.

3. No one came out to help him up when he defaulted. Brands just told him to go tell the ref.

4. He was out during Cass’ match standing with no wrap or ice.

This led me to the conclusion that it probably wasn’t a serious injury and it may have been more of a confidence/composure issue.

I will try to be much more detailed in my responses going forward to try to appease you, Spooner.

.... or a troll.... there's no shortage of obnoxious PSU fans/trolls who visit this board

You did a more eloquent job of saying what I was trying to say.

looked like the view of the Iowa bench may have been blocked
I’m guessing the coaches either let the ref or the PSU bench know it was a dirty/illegal move. They did get a team point deducted at that point in time.

is that something that is reviewable? Can someone be back in the room/office watching the other angle on tv for locked hands, etc and let the coaches know to throw the brick?

I really hope ADS is fine, but that looked like a bad injury to me.

Also, when it comes to injuries. I wouldn’t believe a single word Brands says. Remember, they also said nothing was wrong with McDonough.

I simply believe they think naming an injury out loud, gives it power. As such, they sort of treat injuries like Freddy Krueger. Just don’t say his name or think about him and hope he goes away for good.....

I really hope ADS is fine, but that looked like a bad injury to me.

Also, when it comes to injuries. I wouldn’t believe a single word Brands says. Remember, they also said nothing was wrong with McDonough.

I simply believe they think naming an injury out loud, gives it power. As such, they sort of treat injuries like Freddy Krueger. Just don’t say his name or think about him and hope he goes away for good.....
Freddy gonna get you in your dreams regardless of whether you want to say his name.

Yes, he was standing with no ice or crutches for the last match. However, you guys must have failed to see him walk away when it was over.

Reactions: andegre
The asshole Penn State fans on twitter are saying he faked it because "he was getting dominated". What a hunk of shit.

Direct quote

Is that a suitable defense for you spoon boy?

You left out what Brands said preceding your quote.... that he "doesn't get worked up until we know more about the injury, and that's where I'm at now"

You’re an idiot. Pretty common place to pull an ankle out on that position either to lift and put a guy on a hip/run to Turk or attack a top leg cradle.

Great dual and you guys deservedly came out on top. Honestly was a lot of fun and props to Kemdawg for saving the day.
I'm not going to say it was intentional or even dirty. But there's a BIG difference between pulling an ankle out vs what RBY did, which was pull the leg out while grabbing the toes and rotating the foot outward as well at the same time. Puts a lot more stress on the knee

Huge difference. Let's just hope it's a non issue and he's fine

I'm not going to say it was intentional or even dirty. But there's a BIG difference between pulling an ankle out vs what RBY did, which was pull the leg out while grabbing the toes and rotating the foot outward as well at the same time. Puts a lot more stress on the knee

Huge difference. Let's just hope it's a non issue and he's fine

It was dirty, I'll say for you. ;)

Reactions: jvclark
You left out what Brands said preceding your quote.... that he "doesn't get worked up until we know more about the injury, and that's where I'm at now"
Brands is right. If an athlete has never been injured before, they some times respond very emotionally. Especially with a knee which is so unbelievably important.

Reactions: GatorBacon195
It was dirty, I'll say for you. ;)
Btw. I tend to agree with you. It sure as hell looked deliberate. IMO as soon as RBY grabbed his toes and started that move, the ref should have stopped it. Way to Slow of a reaction. But as far as I'm concerned, that official seemed to be in way over his head tonight. Bad at best

Reactions: MVPFAN
I have seen people who tore an ACL during a game standing on the sideline and having surgery later in the week. BWI needs your opinions and you will fit in well there. ‘Desanto quits’ interesting opinion

About a month ago my daughter was playing basketball against a pretty dirty player there legs got tangled up and she tweaked her knee. She sat on the court with crocodile tears holding her knee. To put it in perspective she has been hit with 60mph fastballs and trots off to 1st base like it was no big deal. It turned out to be a decent bone bruise but it scared her pretty bad considering she has signed to play softball at Drake and never really dealt with a injury like that before. I guess all I am trying to say is is this could have or hopefully what was going through Desanto’s mind. I guarantee you no way in Hell was Desanto faking a injury!!!!

Between his overall terrible sportsmanship, trying to break Micic's arm, and now a fake injury Desanto should be banned from the sport. He's a disgrace. Glad he's Iowa's problem.

That one match was a 10 point swing in PSUs favor and you still lost. That must be tough to deal with and you're lashing out online. How many times did Hall get taken down?

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn't see anything? Hoping it was just a Stinger type of thing?? Thought I saw him walking regularly at end of match.

Bigger issue is, he got in deep 2Xs and got cradled!
Literally what were you watching??!!

Worst case scenario is done for the year and we turn to Paul Glynn with the hopes he steals an allocation spot at BIGS. Which he pry won’t and we lose 20 pts in March that we were counting on. Best case is a few weeks... and he gets revenge on RBY later. Austin is gonna be hyped for that one. Watch the f*** out.
Go to sleep

Im going to get blasted for this take, but I think he was hurt more mentally than physically. We shall see. Either way not good.
All I can say is wow!
That one match was a 10 point swing in PSUs favor and you still lost. That must be tough to deal with and your lashing out online. How many times did Hall get taken down?
I’m an Iowa fan but where do you get 10 points? 9 yes. Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT