ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky grades

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
125 CRUZ UR vs #3 I assume Cruz because of SR. day? He wrestled TUFF!!!several nice shots could not finish any. 3 point TD is BS!!! Kid got major doing not much of anything entire match! 75

133 TESKE UR vs UR Good pressure and pace, kid not very good. did what he should and got tech 91

141 WOODS #2 vs UR quick shot off whistle and got to TOP GAME. Look like he is back but not best competition. Got fall 94

149 RATHJEN 8 vs 19 CRAZY counter/cartwheel for 1st TD!!!! Thru a leg got to cross body ride to finish first on top. Another sweet move to escape in second and many crazy scrambles. Little lucky on the no call when he called for injury 85

157 FRANEK #5 vs UR Quick out of gate, Would like to see him get after it against everyone and see where it gets him? He does not have that extra ability to pull things out. Just very basic. 80

165 Caliando 7 vs 5 Gave up quick TD and then another on a pretty slick defense counter. Then got to work to get his 1st TD. Gave up a dump reversal!!! Was a very entertaining match. He has to avoid the slow starts!!! 77

174 Kennedy #7 vs UR Good solid work getting tech. He has come a L O N G way. What we do with him and ARNOLD next year????90

184 ARNOLD UR vs 16 Nice transition on 1st TD. He could open up more. He is not a 184 but will be a FORCE at 174!!! 93

197 GLAZIER 11 vs UR Missed a few scoring opportunities , guy did not do much 83

Heavy HILL 29 vs UR Good solid work on first TWOOOO takedowns Could not finish getting to pinning combo to get fall 78

125 CRUZ UR vs #3 I assume Cruz because of SR. day? He wrestled TUFF!!!several nice shots could not finish any. 3 point TD is BS!!! Kid got major doing not much of anything entire match! 75

133 TESKE UR vs UR Good pressure and pace, kid not very good. did what he should and got tech 91

141 WOODS #2 vs UR quick shot off whistle and got to TOP GAME. Look like he is back but not best competition. Got fall 94

149 RATHJEN 8 vs 19 CRAZY counter/cartwheel for 1st TD!!!! Thru a leg got to cross body ride to finish first on top. Another sweet move to escape in second and many crazy scrambles. Little lucky on the no call when he called for injury 85

157 FRANEK #5 vs UR Quick out of gate, Would like to see him get after it against everyone and see where it gets him? He does not have that extra ability to pull things out. Just very basic. 80

165 Caliando 7 vs 5 Gave up quick TD and then another on a pretty slick defense counter. Then got to work to get his 1st TD. Gave up a dump reversal!!! Was a very entertaining match. He has to avoid the slow starts!!! 77

174 Kennedy #7 vs UR Good solid work getting tech. He has come a L O N G way. What we do with him and ARNOLD next year????90

184 ARNOLD UR vs 16 Nice transition on 1st TD. He could open up more. He is not a 184 but will be a FORCE at 174!!! 93

197 GLAZIER 11 vs UR Missed a few scoring opportunities , guy did not do much 83

Heavy HILL 29 vs UR Good solid work on first TWOOOO takedowns Could not finish getting to pinning combo to get fall 78
I dont think Cruz is a senior. Woods should get 100, I dont know what more he could have done to that poor guy.

I dont think Cruz is a senior. Woods should get 100, I dont know what more he could have done to that poor guy.
Ironbird didn’t have any grades to spare. He used up all his wiggle room by rating Caliendo’s effort as above average.

Senior, RS frosh...same difference right? Drake must be sick as we never duck!

125 B- Solid effort but couldn't finish
133 A- Opponent wasn't good but Teske looked his best since SS
141 A 14-0 before the fall.
149 B Shows flashes of greatness followed by brain freezes. Limping as he came off, hopefully knee is OK.
157 B Needed to get the TF
165 B- Never gave up against a very good guy but gave up too many easy scores. Gotta tighten things up.
174 A- Flurry of attacks
184 B+ Outstanding for 6 min, then nearly lost it. Gotta finish stronger.
197 B- Uninspired win. Wasn't his best today.
HwT B Good win, thought we'd see BK today.

Reactions: Trapper85
Ironbird didn’t have any grades to spare. He used up all his wiggle room by rating Caliendo’s effort as above average.
Good call. Like Ironbird said, Caliendo can't start slow against the top tier guys. Against Mes he was nothing but defense and the same again today (for the most part) though he was able to turn the defense into points on a couple occasions. I think both Franek and Caliendo could end up being R12 guys at NCAAs if they don't get on their offense early and often. Caliendo because of the strength of 165 and the fact that his defense isn't the best, and Franek because his defense isn't as good as we all thought and his quality opponents are starting to wargame his matches and will try to turn them all into a one-TD match that they can win late. These two have got to get on their games early against everyone and not just agains the guys who have sub .500 WL percentages.

Senior, RS frosh...same difference right? Drake must be sick as we never duck!

125 B- Solid effort but couldn't finish
133 A- Opponent wasn't good but Teske looked his best since SS
141 A 14-0 before the fall.
149 B Shows flashes of greatness followed by brain freezes. Limping as he came off, hopefully knee is OK.
157 B Needed to get the TF
165 B- Never gave up against a very good guy but gave up too many easy scores. Gotta tighten things up.
174 A- Flurry of attacks
184 B+ Outstanding for 6 min, then nearly lost it. Gotta finish stronger.
197 B- Uninspired win. Wasn't his best today.
HwT B Good win, thought we'd see BK today.
Good call. Like Ironbird said, Caliendo can't start slow against the top tier guys. Against Mes he was nothing but defense and the same again today (for the most part) though he was able to turn the defense into points on a couple occasions. I think both Franek and Caliendo could end up being R12 guys at NCAAs if they don't get on their offense early and often. Caliendo because of the strength of 165 and the fact that his defense isn't the best, and Franek because his defense isn't as good as we all thought and his quality opponents are starting to wargame his matches and will try to turn them all into a one-TD match that they can win late. These two have got to get on their games early against everyone and not just agains the guys who have sub .500 WL percentages.
Good grades IMO. Think you hit the nail on the head on most if not all of them.

Reactions: IRONBIRD

Barnett getting a major is proof enough that a major decision needs to be increased to 10 points rather than 8.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Got CRUZ mixed up in my head. Was doing grades quickly so I could watch the POS F*** st match!!!
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT