ADVERTISEMENT

DeSanto

Big Pip

HR MVP
Jan 29, 2002
What is the latest with him? Have we ever heard? On the TV coverage it was said he was back in Iowa City, but he was clearly on the bench cheering on his teammates tonight in Ann Arbor. I saw him a lot in the last five matches. Just curious if we know what his injury exactly was and what his time table is? Very critical for him to be able to wrestle in the Big Tens and NCAA’s for us to win both titles.

What is the latest with him? Have we ever heard? On the TV coverage it was said he was back in Iowa City, but he was clearly on the bench cheering on his teammates tonight in Ann Arbor. I saw him a lot in the last five matches. Just curious if we know what his injury exactly was and what his time table is? Very critical for him to be able to wrestle in the Big Tens and NCAA’s for us to win both titles.
They said the exact opposite of that on the tv coverage.....

All physical evidence, if you closely examine the movement that caused the pain, is at least a partial MCL tear. You either tear some of it or you don't. Didn't seem like the knee caught, so I highly doubt meniscus. He would be wrestling if there was no damage. A minor tear takes about 3 weeks to heal.

Reactions: vhsalum
All physical evidence, if you closely examine the movement that caused the pain, is at least a partial MCL tear. You either tear some of it or you don't. Didn't seem like the knee caught, so I highly doubt meniscus. He would be wrestling if there was no damage. A minor tear takes about 3 weeks to heal.
Thanks! I was pretty sure we had not received an update and really didn’t have a time table or what exactly was the issue. I figured it was the MCL though, but didn’t know how long that might keep him out. Be nice to see him wrestle against Poke St, but I bet that doesn’t happen.

Nah he was with the team. Ironside talked about it and you could see him on the bench.
I know that. I said I saw him on TV and knew he was there. The tv coverage said he did not travel. I’m just wanting to know an update on his health if we have had one. Pretty sure nothing has officially been said.

I know that. I said I saw him on TV and knew he was there. The tv coverage said he did not travel. I’m just wanting to know an update on his health if we have had one. Pretty sure nothing has officially been said.

Yep deleted my post bud

He was there on the bench in warmup gear looking fine. Doubt he’s seriously injured and he’ll be ready to go by Big Tens. If not sooner than that.

Yeah, I was confused when I heard he didn't travel, then I see him clear as day on the bench during 141, WTF

If it's an MCL he'll probably be wrestling in the B1Gs and NCAAs. The question is if he'll be back to the form he was in before the injury. Will his gas tank be all there? Will he be as quick and aggressive? Will he wrestle more cautiously? Will it affect his confidence? I would think he'd still AA (we'll have to see once he starts wrestling matches again), but I'm less optimistic about a high finish now. Plus, he was one of Iowa's key bonus points guys. Up in the air if he'll still be able to do that. Plus, the possibility of re-injuring the knee (yikes).

Reactions: artradley

So, a sprain then.

If it's an MCL he'll probably be wrestling in the B1Gs and NCAAs. The question is if he'll be back to the form he was in before the injury. Will his gas tank be all there? Will he be as quick and aggressive? Will he wrestle more cautiously? Will it affect his confidence? I would think he'd still AA (we'll have to see once he starts wrestling matches again), but I'm less optimistic about a high finish now. Plus, he was one of Iowa's key bonus points guys. Up in the air if he'll still be able to do that. Plus, the possibility of re-injuring the knee (yikes).
Will this ever end?

Reactions: PerryBlumpkin
He was there on the bench in warmup gear looking fine. Doubt he’s seriously injured and he’ll be ready to go by Big Tens. If not sooner than that.

You can assess the severity of a knee injury by watching a guy sit on the team bench?

I don't doubt that he'll be on the mat at BTT. The rest of this post is pure guess work.

Ya kind of like @HoundedHawk "guaranteeing" it was an mcl tear.

Or the guys claiming cass is hurt because he grimaced while trying to avoid being pinned. Lol, that one cracks me up. What do most guys do while trying to not get pinned, smile?
If you wanna pull your head out of your a$$ long enough to watch the match, Cass grimaced when Parris caught his leg on the last shot attempt by Tony. Parris took Cass down off of that and the pinning combination came after that, but keep running your mouth when obviously you don't know Sh!t.

If you wanna pull your head out of your a$$ long enough to watch the match, Cass grimaced when Parris caught his leg on the last shot attempt by Tony. Parris took Cass down off of that and the pinning combination came after that, but keep running your mouth when obviously you don't know Sh!t.

Not to mention limping as he walked away.

Reactions: blcoach80
You can assess the severity of a knee injury by watching a guy sit on the team bench?

I don't doubt that he'll be on the mat at BTT. The rest of this post is pure guess work.
Word is he weighed in for the dual against Michigan and he’ll be back this weekend. That’s a rumor I heard today, and yes that’s a guess.

My first post was an observation based on
1. Yes, how he looked sitting on the bench cheering on his teammates. He looked like he was ready to wrestle.
2. Tom Brands saying it might have been more mental then anything when he got hurt against RBY.

I have no idea what his exact injury is. I would guess only the team and a select few do know. All we can go off of is public appearances and what Desanto and Brands tell us.

I did, then proceeded to read a bunch of excuses on here after a whipping. Angry little fella
Dude, you are seriously clueless, no one said the injury cost him the Parris match, but the tweak/injury he appeared to have suffered right before getting stuck may keep him out of Minny. Cass lost to Parris because Parris was better, that doesn't change the fact that it looks like he tweaked his already wrapped knee. I'm not angry, just tired of dumba$$es like you stinking up this board.

Im tired of dipshits like you claiming injury, tweak, training thru everytime iowa loses a match because you, as a grown adult, can't deal with a wrestler from your team getting beat. And by your team, i mean the one you cheer for and obsess over, not the one you were ever a part of.

Man, reading comprehension isn’t your strength. He LITERALLY stated that Parris won because he was better. Most of the injury talk had NOTHING to do with the loss and almost all to do with the fear of an injury costing him later.

In fact, the only injury that everyone really has gone on about is DeSanto and that happened in the 1st 15 seconds of the match and he ended up injury defaulting. It would say that match hit every criteria necessary to say the injury caused the loss.....

Im tired of dipshits like you claiming injury, tweak, training thru everytime iowa loses a match because you, as a grown adult, can't deal with a wrestler from your team getting beat. And by your team, i mean the one you cheer for and obsess over, not the one you were ever a part of.
You didn't do well in reading comprehension did you? I never once blamed that loss on injury, you came on here running your mouth about my post stating that Cass may be hurt and may be held out against Gable due to the grimace I saw during the multiple times I watched that match. Your stupid comment was something about smiling while getting pinned. Go back and watch the match again and re-read my posts and tell me where the excuses are. And yes I am a rabid Iowa wrestling fan and I do know a little about wrestling and well I guess that makes one of us because you have not said a damn thing yet that makes any sense.

Reactions: HROT and shobart
Man, reading comprehension isn’t your strength. He LITERALLY stated that Parris won because he was better. Most of the injury talk had NOTHING to do with the loss and almost all to do with the fear of an injury costing him later.

In fact, the only injury that everyone really has gone on about is DeSanto and that happened in the 1st 15 seconds of the match and he ended up injury defaulting. It would say that match hit every criteria necessary to say the injury caused the loss.....
I just noticed I started my response with the same opening you did. I hate feeding that troll, but jeez.

Reactions: funnyfletcher

later doucher

Do you ever reread your own posts and cringe?

They are not going to announce it if it's a tear. If he can wrestle he will be back with or without a brace. Past history shows you will be lucky to find out after the season is over.
Thank you. Your post I can understand because it doesn't contain stupidity and profanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT