ADVERTISEMENT

Devin Nunes had some interesting phone calls

I like how they say Lev Parnas was part of Trump's legal team.

It's true, yes, but you have to take a lot of turns and detours to get there. But it's true.

He worked for POTUS' personal lawyer on items for one particular client, so he is indeed a member of Trump's legal team.

I like how they say Lev Parnas was part of Trump's legal team.

It's true, yes, but you have to take a lot of turns and detours to get there. But it's true.

He worked for POTUS' personal lawyer on items for one particular client, so he is indeed a member of Trump's legal team.
Trump - Rudy - Parnas

Not exactly "a lot of turns and detours to get there."

Reactions: torbee and BioHawk
Younger Traveler: They say that they are friends.
Elder Traveler: No one can be a friend, if you know not whether to trust them.
Col. O'Neill: Don't judge a book by its cover.
Elder Traveler: Enemies promises were made to be broken.
Col. O'Neill: And yet honesty is the best policy.
Elder Traveler: He that has too many friends has none.
Col. O'Neill: Ah, but birds of a feather...
Elder Traveler: I'm unfamiliar with that story. What lesson does it teach?
Col. O'Neill: It has to do with flocking...and togetherness...and to be honest I'm not that familiar with the particulars myself.

Parnas' attorney chimes in

giphy.gif

I do hope you're right. If he lets him get away with it, our system of government is over and autocracy has arrived.
Trump's tax return appeal is probably going to fail. Four lower courts ruled that he has to hand them over, his defense to not to is that the president can't be investigated, which is pretty flimsy, and all Roberts has to do is not take up the appeal and Trump automatically loses.

My hope is that Roberts sees a similar uphill battle with Trump refusing compliance with subpoeanas, worries about the precedence it would set, and refuses his appeal.

Younger Traveler: They say that they are friends.
Elder Traveler: No one can be a friend, if you know not whether to trust them.
Col. O'Neill: Don't judge a book by its cover.
Elder Traveler: Enemies promises were made to be broken.
Col. O'Neill: And yet honesty is the best policy.
Elder Traveler: He that has too many friends has none.
Col. O'Neill: Ah, but birds of a feather...
Elder Traveler: I'm unfamiliar with that story. What lesson does it teach?
Col. O'Neill: It has to do with flocking...and togetherness...and to be honest I'm not that familiar with the particulars myself.
Come on Stargate fans. I had to hunt hard to find that one.

Trump's tax return appeal is probably going to fail. Four lower courts ruled that he has to hand them over, his defense to not to is that the president can't be investigated, which is pretty flimsy, and all Roberts has to do is not take up the appeal and Trump automatically loses.

My hope is that Roberts sees a similar uphill battle with Trump refusing compliance with subpoeanas, worries about the precedence it would set, and refuses his appeal.

And they would over turn on what was stated law. Hard to see them doing that, even if it was for the gilded Orange Turd.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Federal $$$ allocated to increase the capacity at Leavenworth coming soon to the Congressional Budget Committee.

Trump - Rudy - Parnas

Not exactly "a lot of turns and detours to get there."
My point was, Lev isn't an attorney and has only ever dealt with them to get himself out of trouble, or when one requests he commit crimes for their client.

To consider him a member of the legal team is a stretch at best.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I wonder.... Ya reckon the subpoena that was served on AT&T originated in FISA warrant on Nunes?

Did Schiff keep the phone record request and deliverable quiet until this report was presented to the committee today? I would be surprised if he did, but, with the ranking member being dead center of all of this, who knows.

It also makes Schiff staring stoically at the camera every time Nunes gave one of his speeches to everyone about how crooked Schiff was all that more funny. Particularly since republicans were demanding he appear and testify before the Senate committee.

I'll bet he'd like to pay Toby Keith to show up in Doug Collins' office singin' "How Do You Like Me Now" tomorrow.

I’m betting Nunes will be indicted by Jan 2021. It’s only a matter of time.

It's one thing to enrich yourself off foreign sources and PACs.

It is quite another to 'take it to the next level' on your Intel Committee, and actively undermine your responsibility to America and the Constitution. Taking insider info from his position, and using that to undermine US policy, politicize US intel and counterintel is literally treason. Dude should hang for it. Publicly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT