ADVERTISEMENT

DeVries of Drake is the replacement if Fran is done

I never really had an opinion on Devries before, either way, but you know what? I'm in now. I love what Fran has done for the program, but we've seen his best and that best equals zero Sweet16s and zero B1G regular season crowns.

I'd miss the annual Top 10 in offensive efficiency that Fran produces, but I would most definitely not miss the Top 110-125 defensive efficiency and rebounding troubles.

If Devries can do what he's doing at Drake, he can't do any worse here. Yes, I know "MVC vs B1G", but even without a great NIL program for MBB, his recruiting would still be better here vs what he could/does muster at Drake.
The right coach could probably work the NIL game better.

Fran seems disgusted by it and I can't say I blame him but it is now part of the job.

I thought that was MSU, or was MSU v ucla a 1st round game?
MSU-UCLA was a play-in game. I was in Clearwater Beach watching the game. MSU was up double digits. Thought it was over. Next day I woke up and saw UCLA came back and won.

MSU-UCLA was a play-in game. I was in Clearwater Beach watching the game. MSU was up double digits. Thought it was over. Next day I woke up and saw UCLA came back and won.
That's what I remember too.

Don't know why I recall that game but I do.

That was the same ucla team that got beat on the last second heave from Suggs.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
That's what I remember too.

Don't know why I recall that game but I do.

That was the same ucla team that got beat on the last second heave from Suggs.
Man I have no idea why I remember that particular game lol. Probably just because ucla went to the f4.

I don't remember anything about drake that tournament

Reactions: NI hawk
OK, now I do remember that game.

It was a Joe Yesufu big game right?
Yep. Yesufu I don't believe started during season. Moved into lineup because of injuries and blew it up during conference and NCAA tournaments.Soft opening of a new bar on Clearwater Beach called Gerstles. Gave me a couple free beers during Drake-WSU game. Also watched Iowa-Grand Canyon game there later in week.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Yep. Yesufu I don't believe started during season. Moved into lineup because of injuries and blew it up during conference and NCAA tournaments.Soft opening of a new bar on Clearwater Beach called Gerstles. Gave me a couple free beers during Drake-WSU game. Also watched Iowa-Grand Canyon game there later in week.
Recruiting gems like that is what makes me believe Devries would do well at Iowa.

He had a guy who transfered to Kansas coming off the bench at Drake.

Beth!!

Do It GIF

Man I have no idea why I remember that particular game lol. Probably just because ucla went to the f4.

I don't remember anything about drake that tournament
Wish I could remember everything like I do NCAA tournament basketball games. I remember where I was when Drake lost to Kansas in 1971 in overtime to advance to final four. Unfortunately it was radio.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Fran has had an ok run,but there is no longer any fan enthusiasm and attendance is in a rut. I doubt that Beth will let this continue much longer. Hiring a new coach would energize the fan base. Look at how many coaches ISU has gone thru just during Frans time here.

Rumor on Cyclone Report is that DeVries has already accepted the Washington Head coach gig. Drake will play in the Dance and then he is moving on.

• Sad
Reactions: HawkBall23
Rumor on Cyclone Report is that DeVries has already accepted the Washington Head coach gig. Drake will play in the Dance and then he is moving on.
IF true, I'm assuming there was word leaking out of Iowa City that FrannyMac was not leaving after this season, despite some weak-smoke rumors of him doing so of his own accord.

Otherwise, difficult to see DeVries choosing Washington over Iowa for his first Power conference HC gig.

I’m glad you keep posting BS like this but there’s nothing from any Drake people on their board.

Fran has had an ok run,but there is no longer any fan enthusiasm and attendance is in a rut. I doubt that Beth will let this continue much longer. Hiring a new coach would energize the fan base. Look at how many coaches ISU has gone thru just during Frans time here.
While we are at it, let’s put a moratorium on the Lisa Bluder vs. Fran comparisons…😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT