ADVERTISEMENT

DeVries of Drake is the replacement if Fran is done

Chishawk1425

HR King
Nov 27, 2019
This is a rebuild season. Sandfort not Fran failed tonight. This is a young team with tons of upside. I get the fatigue as I'm sick of the March Madness ineptitude as well. I'm not freaking out tonight just disappointed. I'm on the fence with Fran but if we cut ties or he walks away after the season Coach DeVries of Drake could take Iowa to the next level. I would be all in on that scenario.

This is a rebuild season. Sandfort not Fran failed tonight. This is a young team with tons of upside. I get the fatigue as I'm sick of the March Madness ineptitude as well. I'm not freaking out tonight just disappointed. I'm on the fence with Fran but if we cut ties or he walks away after the season Coach DeVries of Drake could take Iowa to the next level. I would be all in on that scenario.
Can he actually convince high caliber black athletes to come play basketball at Iowa?

Then he shouldn't be our next coach.

Chis, you really do have something wrong with you... 15 minutes ago you were clamoring on about how this is a rebuilding year for Fran. FFS get help!

Drake was shit for 50 years and are now a MVC power year in and year out and consistent NCAA tournament participants.
wow-thats-great-admirable.gif

Krikke was as bad on the last play and in general tonight.

Can he actually convince high caliber black athletes to come play basketball at Iowa?

Then he shouldn't be our next coach.

I thought Devries has had a couple good athletes. I do agree Iowa needs a coach that can recruit metro areas...Fran has really emphasized the state of Iowa for bulk of his players. I get locking down the state, but you can't put out lineups like Krikke, Sandfort, Pmac as your 3 bigs and think you can compete with anyone. The fact that Fran thought that was a good lineup kind of sums up his coaching philosophy.

I thought Devries has had a couple good athletes. I do agree Iowa needs a coach that can recruit metro areas...Fran has really emphasized the state of Iowa for bulk of his players. I get locking down the state, but you can't put out lineups like Krikke, Sandfort, Pmac as your 3 bigs and think you can compete with anyone. The fact that Fran thought that was a good lineup kind of sums up his coaching philosophy.
Or he missed out on a few guys. White? Garza? Cook? Lol

Umm Sanfort put up bricks

2 times with DeVries and one game away at least twice in his tenure. My goodness you have no clue about what he's done at Drake and what Drake was besides the one year with Tom Davis/Keno Davis in 2008
I do know what he has done at Drake, but to say they are a consistent tournament team is a stretch. I also believe it is easier to win in the Valley as well. One game away is not getting there.

But they can't have the defensive ability of Krikke, PMAC, Payton Sandfort who collectively are three of the worst defenders you will see playing P5 bball.
Right. What matters is how good they are at basketball, not their race.

I do know what he has done at Drake, but to say they are a consistent tournament team is a stretch. I also believe it is easier to win in the Valley as well. One game away is not getting there.
Lol most coaches work there way up the ranks and what DeVries has done at Drake consistently is extremely impressive.

Reactions: perryhawk
DeVries, Forbes, Schertz, Craig Smith. That would likely be the shortlist if it were to open up.
But again, I think this conversation is pointless as it's likely not going to happen this year. Which, for those that want DeVries, is likely a bummer as I would guess he gets a pretty good job this cycle. Curious to see if he gets Michigan if that opens up.

Reactions: amahawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT