ADVERTISEMENT

Dick Cheney (yeah, that one) will be voting For Kamala Harris

1. At this point in my life I’m more worried about asset taxes.
2. There was a piece in the journal today I was discussing with buddies who are much better at public economics than I. Basically, the critiques boiled down to “this will produce less government revenue”. Their consensus was that was a feature rather than a bug.
If your friends don’t realize that tariffs are a tax on US consumers and if they don’t realize tariffs are inherently inflationary then you need friends that are better at economics than the ones you have.

Trump’s main economic policy is disastrous. Full stop. And I have significant experience in this area.

As to being undecided: If you can’t stomach voting for Harris I get it. But then at least consider writing in something or leave it blank. A vote for Trump is not a vote for a strong America.

Honestly, all of these so and so is voting for so and so threads are kinda stupid in a country where people claim to be their own boss.

As I was thinking about the election today — and I’m still not sure what I’ll do — it occurred to me that what I’ve told my kids is that you have to be for something and not simply against something else. I gotta figure out what’s most closely aligned with what I’m for.
Well, hopefully not aligned most closely with the coup guy rapist with all the felonies who sleepwalked his way through 4 years in the WH already.

Reactions: noleclone2
One of my Trump friends is a huge fan of Cheney and Junior Bush. He sent me a text earlier saying he thinks it’s funny Dems like Cheney now. He won’t answer the question as to why someone he respects has abandoned Trump? Normally he goes manic over Trump, but he won’t respond tonight.

You've said you are not voting for Trump this time in past posts. Why do you question the reasons other Republicans are making the same choice as you? Is it just because they also said they would be voting for Harris or have you changed your mind and will be voting for Trump now?
Is it difficult to understand that different people have different reasons and of course they’re entitled to them.
I was just pointing out the reason the Cheneys don’t like Trump. You may not recall that Trump made some harsh comments about Dick Cheney and therefore to them it’s personal.

This board has the absolute dumbest conservative posters - yeah, even the lawyer - and yes I realize we lost some decent ones during the Trump years.

Liberals/left/Dems don't love the Cheneys now. At the most there's a pretty low bar of respect achieved: oh, you didn't throw away all of your principles and join the MAGA grift? Good for you. You lost your job and political standing for doing the barest of minimum. Kudos.

And of course they're going to rub this in the noses of people who pretend to be conservative. It doesn't mean they like the Cheneys, it means they get a kick out of watching Trumpers debase themselves.

Is it difficult to understand that different people have different reasons and of course they’re entitled to them.
I was just pointing out the reason the Cheneys don’t like Trump. You may not recall that Trump made some harsh comments about Dick Cheney and therefore to them it’s personal.
What a load of unadulterated horse shit. Trump has made “harsh comments” about just about every breathing Republican…and they are fighting each other to kiss his ass. Trump hinted the Ted Cruz’s father killed JFK. Do you see Teddy showing a spine?

Why is it acceptable for Trump to insult people at these childish levels? Isn't him going out of his way to insult all these people a good hint that he shouldn't be president?

This board has the absolute dumbest conservative posters - yeah, even the lawyer - and yes I realize we lost some decent ones during the Trump years.

Liberals/left/Dems don't love the Cheneys now. At the most there's a pretty low bar of respect achieved: oh, you didn't throw away all of your principles and join the MAGA grift? Good for you. You lost your job and political standing for doing the barest of minimum. Kudos.

And of course they're going to rub this in the noses of people who pretend to be conservative. It doesn't mean they like the Cheneys, it means they get a kick out of watching Trumpers debase themselves.
"The other side is dumb bc they don't realize Kamala is a genius like us!! Trump isnso evil and we are so gud!!" - some retard on the internet (also you)

What a load of unadulterated horse shit. Trump has made “harsh comments” about just about every breathing Republican…and they are fighting each other to kiss his ass. Trump hinted the Ted Cruz’s father killed JFK. Do you see Teddy showing a spine?
I’ve argued before with her on this idea that Liz Cheney’s opposition to Trump is because he was mean to Daddy. Like she’d throw away a safe seat and a forever future in conservative politics because of a family slight from someone like Trump. Makes no sense.

Reactions: fsu1jreed and Torg
I’ve argued before with her on this idea that Liz Cheney’s opposition to Trump is because he was mean to Daddy. Like she’d throw away a safe seat and a forever future in conservative politics because of a family slight from someone like Trump. Makes no sense.
The entire reason the cheney family hates trump is bc he is the only anti-war candidate and they made their fortune off of the million corpses left in the middle east following cheney's lies about WMDs

Goldie’s not a deep thinker. It’s a common trait amongst MAGAts.

Reactions: fsu1jreed and Torg
Goldie’s not a deep thinker. It’s a common trait amongst MAGAts.

The problem with lefties (well, one of many) is they claim to be intellectually superior but then nominate people like word salad harris (who got the job by default when the last guy couldn't form a coherent sentence on global television). You're not the paragons of intelligence that you fancy yourselves.

How come Trump didn't make the text cuts permanent like he did for corporations?
As those who followed the 2017 tax bill process know, the GOP Senate did not have 60 votes so they had to go thru the reconciliation rules limiting impact on deficit to get this bill thru.
They were determined to make the nearly 50 % cut to corporate tax permanent but to balance that out they made the personal tax cuts temporary (5 years) then raised rates higher than the pre-2017 law rates at the lower tax bracket levels.
Harris wants to extend those cuts for those making 400k or less but let those higher income bracket cuts expire as Bill was written.

The CBO has analyzed both Trump and Harris's economic policies

Their conclusion:
Trump's policies will add 5.8 trillion to deficit over current deficit projections.
Harris's policies will add 1.2 trillion to deficit over current deficit projections.

Clearly, Trump is still embracing his self-proclaimed title of " King of debt".

Nice justification for accepting approval from someone you previously deemed as evil. Zero moral integrity

Every election is about two choices.

Obviously he thinks Harris is preferable.

Not sure why that gets lost on you?
Are you ignorant?

Asking for a friend.
I promise, the obvious desperation to make a cheney endorsement meaningful isn't lost on me lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT