ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

That may be the case, but Jordan claims to love that type of an environment. He has hit some pretty good shots in hostile environments. Hopefully, this ends up helping him and the team.

It was sure far and few between last year. It just sucks that Fran feels he has no better options at the 2. If what is being reported of Jordan's behavior leading up to the incident is true, then that's just not the type of veteran leadership you want on the team.

Maybe it's time for Jordan to move on with his life and enter adulthood.

Isnt this the same guy that purposely missed a FT so Chris Streets record could stand?
Isnt this the same guy I have seen signing balls at Stead Children’s Hospital and visiting sick kids?
Lets cut J Bo some slack here. I’m not saying He’s a saint but its pretty F’ed Up that assumptions are treated like facts before anyone even knows what actually happened. A bad teammate? This place is ridiculous.

As an Iowa fan for many years, the comments by some posters on this thread are embarrassing. Anyone watching this should be disgusted by a player (or anyone) getting hurt like this. Regardless of your personal views about Bohannon, what happened in this video is pathetic and for those of you applauding what happened to him should really work on being a decent human being.

If ..IF...the story coming out about Bohannon's behavior earlier in the evening (which precipitated all of this) is true...he's a douche. Get him off the team already.

Obviously I know nothing on the backstory but I don't think there's ever justification for pretending like you are mediating and calming a situation and then sucker punching a guy. That's a punk move.

If you have a problem with somebody square off and at least throw the first punch from a direct line of vision.

Obviously I know nothing on the backstory but I don't think there's ever justification for pretending like you are mediating and calming a situation and then sucker punching a guy. That's a punk move.

If you have a problem with somebody square off and at least throw the first punch from a direct line of vision.

This is not in dispute.

It was sure far and few between last year. It just sucks that Fran feels he has no better options at the 2. If what is being reported of Jordan's behavior leading up to the incident is true, then that's just not the type of veteran leadership you want on the team.

Maybe it's time for Jordan to move on with his life and enter adulthood.

I agree with what you on the veteran leadership. I know Jordan has a lot of confidence on the court, but I do not condone being a jerk. I am waiting until I know more before I pass judgment on this situation though.

Isnt this the same guy that purposely missed a FT so Chris Streets record could stand?
Isnt this the same guy I have seen signing balls at Stead Children’s Hospital and visiting sick kids?
Lets cut J Bo some slack here. I’m not saying He’s a saint but its pretty F’ed Up that assumptions are treated like facts before anyone even knows what actually happened. A bad teammate? This place is ridiculous.
Ummm, were you born today?
This entire planet functions on a Facebook, Twitter are is real platform.
Most of the "Significant news"over the last 18 months on this planet has been predicated on lies.

If that story is true and with his actions outside, I have zero issue with him getting knocked TF out.

Kid has a drinking problem. Hopefully this incident and public humiliation force his rock bottom and have him seeking help.
People talk about the sucker punch as being assault. Very true. But technically throwing ice on someone is assault too. Also if both participants were drunk I doubt any charges will be filed. They both broke the law, Bohannon just got the worst of it.

This is not in dispute.

just seems like a lot of dumb decisions being made by many people under the influence of alcohol

looks like the one guy will get charged w/ assault; he's lucky that's all it will be. I have seen cases where guys get into fights, 1 guy gets knocked out, hits his head, and has huge, long term medical issues; and the guy that hit him? he suddenly is facing charges and has to hire a a lawyer to get himself out of the mess he got himself into

just seems like a lot of dumb decisions being made by many people under the influence of alcohol

looks like the one guy will get charged w/ assault; he's lucky that's all it will be. I have seen cases where guys get into fights, 1 guy gets knocked out, hits his head, and has huge, long term medical issues; and the guy that hit him? he suddenly is facing charges and has to hire a a lawyer to get himself out of the mess he got himself into

Absolutely. Alcohol and testosterone is a lethal combination, especially when it involves youth.

Whoever said youth is wasted on the young was a genius.

Right. That's why I preface every post with "if what's being reported is true."
I don’t know if it should necessarily be called, “reported.” That seems a bit....idk, wrong since it’s just internet rumors by anonymous people at this point. Unless I missed something.

People talk about the sucker punch as being assault. Very true. But technically throwing ice on someone is assault too. Also if both participants were drunk I doubt any charges will be filed. They both broke the law, Bohannon just got the worst of it.
There’s one douch ISU clown (Stivers) claiming the ice incident...have not seen it anywhere else. As someone else said earlier...square the F up and fight. Gutless sucker punch comes from the guy that was acting like the mediator.

Reminded me of the Keaton Smiley incident, involving another " Ice Cube Assault "...

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- University of Iowa football player Keaton Smiley testified Monday he was merely defending himself against an irate former girlfriend when he allegedly assaulted her at an Iowa City tavern in May 1986.

Smiley, 20, a defensive back from Duncanville, Texas, was on trial in Johnson County District Court on charges he struck Iowa student Jennifer Lee in the nose, causing a nasal fracture.

The misdemeanor assault trial ended late Monday afternoon. District Court Judge Van Zimmer said he would deliver a verdict soon.

Smiley, who sat out the season following the allegation and a similar assault charge involving an Iowa volleyball player, told the court Lee and a friend had been verbally assaulting him at the Fieldhouse Bar. He said both women had been throwing ice cubes at him when he went to talk to Lee.

Lee, who admitted she dated Smiley that fall, said Smiley hit her.

'I got struck head on with a closed fist,' Lee testified. 'I have never been hit that hard in my life. ... There was blood running out of my nose.'

Smiley countered, saying Lee and Iowa junior Tracy Hansen had been harassing him. He said he confronted Lee and turned her around by her shoulder, but when he saw she was holding a glass, he tried to knock it out of her hand and accidentally knocked her backward.

'I didn't intend to hurt her,' Smiley said. 'My sole purpose was to get the glass away from me. I didn't know I had hit her. My eyes were on the glass.'

Before the proceedings, an Iowa City man was arrested after he allegedly threatened Smiley. The man, identified as Richard Terrell, 37, reportedly told Smiley he had a gun and would shoot him if he wasn't convicted.

Law officers searched Terrell and found no gun. He was charged with simple assault.

There’s one douch ISU clown (Stivers) claiming the ice incident...have not seen it anywhere else. As someone else said earlier...square the F up and fight. Gutless sucker punch comes from the guy that was acting like the mediator.
That Stivers guy is an absolute idiot. I used to follow him on Twitter way back. I’ve never seen someone try so hard to be relevant in any way/shape or form.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
From who I’d consider to be a solid and reliable source … JBo was throwing ice cubes at people from the upper deck of where (when I was in school) the Burger King used to be. It escalated from there.

LOL! You really have to work hard to come up with this.

Reactions: the24fan
LOL! You really have to work hard to come up with this.

Straight from the Iowa Code:
ASSAULT, §708.1
708.1 Assault defined.
1. An assault as defined in this section is a general intent crime.
2. A person commits an assault when, without justification, the person does any of the
following:
a. Any act which is intended to cause pain or injury to, or which is intended to result in physical contact which will be insulting or offensive to another, coupled with the apparent ability to execute the act.

Throwing ice at people that he doesn’t know certainly seems to fit the statutory definition of assault.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Straight from the Iowa Code:
ASSAULT, §708.1
708.1 Assault defined.
1. An assault as defined in this section is a general intent crime.
2. A person commits an assault when, without justification, the person does any of the
following:
a. Any act which is intended to cause pain or injury to, or which is intended to result in physical contact which will be insulting or offensive to another, coupled with the apparent ability to execute the act.

Throwing ice at people that he doesn’t know certainly seems to fit the statutory definition of assault.
Wow. and I’m not even a lawyer! Thx for doing the research. My original point was u can’t do stuff like that! It’s kinda the same as spitting on someone.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

I get your point. That said...douchie behavior tends to draw douchie behavior.

Wow. and I’m not even a lawyer! Thx for doing the research. My original point was u can’t do stuff like that! It’s kinda the same as spitting on someone.

Assaulting someone with a bodily fluid (spit)is not the same as throwing ice on someone. Throwing ice on someone is just being a douche.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT