ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

Lol. I have a hard time believing a band member knocked out Roth.

Well according to legend the band guy was a fairly big guy. I doubted it but it was a popular rumor that started after one Saturday evening. Everyone knew someone that was there like all good rumors. Everyone had the same version. The point I think is Roth had a reputation of being a jerk to people. When event/rumor happened it was something a lot of people kind of smiled about like it was justice. I always loved the dude and still to this day love how he played the game. I can still hear that hit he layed on the QB after the whistle was blown and the stadium was silent.

the problem? as much sheet as he dishes out on Twitter this incident is going to come back at him 5 fold.

this is why Twitter is the worst & JBo on Twitter, CAUSING DRAMA, is a huge distraction for the team.

Sure, JBo probably wants this to go away. But it's not going to. He's going to be reminded about it for a very long time.
Live by social media die by social media and JBo is going to find out the hard way after this event. When he tries to do his snarky troll post as he's known to do he's going to get this pic of him laying on ground sent back to him time and time again with some witty captions I'm sure. My biggest worry after he decided to come back for a 6th year is how much a distraction would he cause with his crusade against the NCAA. From the outside he will warrant plenty of attention just a question of if and how it could effect the team or if it would become an issue with him bringing the limelight on himself. So far not off to a good start and we haven't even reached Summer...

I hear you but this is too much of a media circus. It's always up to the police:

" However, can Police press charges if victim doesn’t? In reality, whether the victim presses charges or not, the police can investigate the matter and even take the suspect into their custody. From there, the prosecutor will take it up and can decide to charge the suspect with the crime."

It's IC, they don't have major crimes to bide their time like a major city like Denver. This guy is getting charged.
A citizen can always sue for a tort, ie personal damage. Then it is you against them. That has nothing to do with the law. The local authorities always can push for charging a crime. Then it is the state against them

A citizen can always sue for a tort, ie personal damage. Then it is you against them. That has nothing to do with the law. The local authorities always can push for charging a crime. Then it is the state against them
Jordan bohannon trying for a Tort claim after getting punched for being an asshole and thinking his phone gave him a magic shield would be the most privileged ****ing kid response so far for 2021. The icing on the cake would be if he was caught saying "do you know who my family is" right before the punch.

Reactions: Mccusk34
Players dont want to come here because we are a mediocre program laced with nepotism. Me being ok with a douche taking one on the chin instead of everyone needing a lawyer to talk things out has nothing to do with it.
Can't deny the nepotism but making the tourney 3 years in a row and getting to the round of 32 when there are 350 d1 teams is far from mediocre. Yes, they choked vs Oregon but they were ranked in top 10 almost all season and have official visits coming from some damn good players.....Fran has his faults but it has been a decent 3 yr run, even with the nepotism

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
In those times you speak of the person who got sucker punched isnt a giant douche and actually has friends backing them up even when they are being a dumbshit once in a blue moon. I dont know how many fights you all have been in but other than the bullshit elementary "meet me here after school" fights a guy taping a guy on the shoulder, speaking, and then swinging is about all the warning I have ever got or given. Fighting in the real world isnt the movies.

Act like a asshole + get punched = learn from the lesson.

Act like an asshole + get punched + mommy and daddy call the lawyers to protect your privileged ass = no lesson learned and continuation of assholeness.
Do you get punched in the face on the regular because you always act like a giant douche.

Live by social media die by social media and JBo is going to find out the hard way after this event. When he tries to do his snarky troll post as he's known to do he's going to get this pic of him laying on ground sent back to him time and time again with some witty captions I'm sure. My biggest worry after he decided to come back for a 6th year is how much a distraction would he cause with his crusade against the NCAA. From the outside he will warrant plenty of attention just a question of if and how it could effect the team or if it would become an issue with him bringing the limelight on himself. So far not off to a good start and we haven't even reached Summer...
Maybe JBo can own the "image and likeness" regarding the pic. That could make him some nice coin.

Do you get punched in the face on the regular because you always act like a giant douche.
I certainly have my flaws but you wont find any photos or videos of me getting laid the **** out for being a punk people in the bar wanted to see get knocked out. I've won and I've lost, not once did "call mommy and daddy and get lawyers involved to protect my tiny little ego" come through my mind. I'll actually gain some respect for him if he takes this on the chin and just learns a lesson. The first of which is fist>phones when the actual shit is hitting the fan. You are not a victim jordan you are an instigator who got laid out, learn.

I certainly have my flaws but you wont find any photos or videos of me getting laid the **** out for being a punk people in the bar wanted to see get knocked out. I've won and I've lost, not once did "call mommy and daddy and get lawyers involved to protect my tiny little ego" come through my mind. I'll actually gain some respect for him if he takes this on the chin and just learns a lesson. The first of which is fist>phones when the actual shit is hitting the fan. You are not a victim jordan you are an instigator who got laid out, learn.
If I didn't know better, I'd think this is a parody account and you're acting a role. The fact you're serious with these posts is sad.

If two guys are squared up and one guy gets knocked out, that's completely fine.

When a guy is running his mouth and videoing a guy with his phone, and then gets sucker punched by a different guy, that's assault.

You are letting your hatred for JBo's antics and personality cloud your judgement. I'm not a fan of his apparent sarcastic, antagonistic personality, either. Doesn't matter what JBo was saying at the time of the event, it didn't warrant being sucker punched.

Here is the worlds smallest violin playing just for McCabe.

We are not applauding a Hawkeye player getting popped.
Take one guess why we may be applauding this one, and why we wouldn't be applauding it if it happened to Keegan or someone.

So you are an Asshole to former players you don't care for? I support ALL Hawkeyes. Let me guess if Connor go popped you would also be happy. Is it verified that he was throwing ice?

Let's make a list of over former hawkeye whipping boys you would like to get 'popped'

Kyle McCann
Jake Rudock
Matt Stockdale

Who else are we missing. Fn ridiculous.

If I didn't know better, I'd think this is a parody account and you're acting a role. The fact you're serious with these posts is sad.

If two guys are squared up and one guy gets knocked out, that's completely fine.

When a guy is running his mouth and videoing a guy with his phone, and then gets sucker punched by a different guy, that's assault.

You are letting your hatred for JBo's antics and personality cloud your judgement. I'm not a fan of his apparent sarcastic, antagonistic personality, either. Doesn't matter what JBo was saying at the time of the event, it didn't warrant being sucker punched

I dont consider walking up to a guy several minutes into a heated conversation, tapping them on the shoulder, speaking to them, and then swinging a sucker punch. That is what I see from the video. I may be wrong, but that is what I see in that video. Having your phone and taking video of the nasty way people are treating you after you just instigated shit isnt a get out of jail free pass.

I dont consider walking up to a guy several minutes into a heated conversation, tapping them on the shoulder, speaking to them, and then swinging a sucker punch. That is what I see from the video. I may be wrong, but that is what I see in that video. Having your phone and taking video of the nasty way people are treating you after you just instigated shit isnt a get out of jail free pass.
You don't consider punching someone that's holding a phone in one hand a sucker punch?

Anytime someone is not engaged with the other and ready for a physical confrontation, that's a sucker punch.

It's a complete bitch move and there's no defending it.

Reactions: steelhawkeye
So you are an Asshole to former players you don't care for? I support ALL Hawkeyes. Let me guess if Connor go popped you would also be happy. Is it verified that he was throwing ice?

Let's make a list of over former hawkeye whipping boys you would like to get 'popped'

Kyle McCann
Jake Rudock
Matt Stockdale

Who else are we missing. Fn ridiculous.
Stockdale played with an injured sternum. There is no universe in which anyone should not love him. While he wasn't the best corner he was the best we had and his final season at corner one hard hit to the chest could have ended him. But he played with some light kevlar padding until he broke his foot because Iowa needed his skills at corner. He voluntarily signed a waiver release Iowa from liability knowing there was a real of dying if he took a hard hit to the chest because there's really no cure for a fractured sternum. Dude was the total opposite of JBo.

You are letting your hatred for JBo's antics and personality cloud your judgement. I'm not a fan of his apparent sarcastic, antagonistic personality, either. Doesn't matter what JBo was saying at the time of the event, it didn't warrant being sucker punched.
So if one guy is taunting you, had been saying who knows what, apparently throwing ice and being a jerk while you are there with your friends and you go up to him and say hey dude you need to lay off and pipe down and he starts filming it on his phone and continuing to spout off you don’t think maybe he should expect to get jacked? Not saying I know what happened because I don’t think any of us were there. He needs friends to say dude let it go and get his ass out of there. I used to have a friend that get drunk and want to fight everyone and I would frequently say come on man let’s go before he got his ass kicked. Anyway it isn’t like JBo was just standing there minding his own businees and some guy without saying a word just sneaks up and jacks him. That is obvious. We may never know what was said and it’s hard to see what exactly happened on the video.

Reactions: amahawk
You from the west end of Davenport? Specifically the Hayes elementary school area cuz that's were I learned these basic ****ing lessons as a 10 year old.

I’m just a dirt poor kid from the Council Bluffs area who was typically the designated driver. Staying sober was usually a big advantage in a number of ways.

Life’s a dance and most wise up as we grow older. Not sure I would hang with the same type of crowd these days. Times have changed a lot and what we did and where we hung out might have significantly shortened our life span in this day and age.

I’m just a dirt poor kid from the Council Bluffs area who was typically the designated driver. Staying sober was usually a big advantage in a number of ways.

Life’s a dance and most wise up as we grow older. Not sure I would hang with the same type of crowd these days. Times have changed a lot and what we did and where we hung out might have significantly shortened our life span in this day and age.
Dirt poor in a river town, I'm sure there were many similar lessons learned.

Reactions: WSC72
You don't consider punching someone that's holding a phone in one hand a sucker punch?

Anytime someone is not engaged with the other and ready for a physical confrontation, that's a sucker punch.

Let me package it this way as others have done already.

Does having a phone in your hand give you an excuse to be a asshole without consequence? Did you want the guy to create a formal letter advising the dumb**** throwing ice on people and cocking off of his intentions prior to the punch? Jordan bohannon is the type of baby that would stand in the middle of the interstate and claim to be the victim when an 18 wheeler couldnt slow down in time not to hit him.

But if he had his phone in his hands I'm sure all would consider it a cheap shot on the trucks part!

Reactions: Mccusk34
Stockdale played with an injured sternum. There is no universe in which anyone should not love him. While he wasn't the best corner he was the best we had and his final season at corner one hard hit to the chest could have ended him. But he played with some light kevlar padding until he broke his foot because Iowa needed his skills at corner. He voluntarily signed a waiver release Iowa from liability knowing there was a real of dying if he took a hard hit to the chest because there's really no cure for a fractured sternum. Dude was the total opposite of JBo.
J Bo had surgeries on both hips. The point is they both took a beating from hawkeye fans. These players love the Hawks as much as most of us. I just don't understand the hatred for players. Dislike? Ok, but there is hatred to some of them.

J Bo had surgeries on both hips. The point is they both took a beating from hawkeye fans. These players love the Hawks as much as most of us. I just don't understand the hatred for players. Dislike? Ok, but there is hatred to some of them.
i don't hate JBo but he is a narcissist and somewhat of prick in his public persona. Stockdale never did anything to draw attention to himself. He just did everything he could for his team. I don't know if JBo got what he deserved because I wasn't there. But I'm not surprised that he got into an altercation knowing his personality and that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. I really think he needs to focus on basketball and avoid confrontation. But he is a guy that likes to instigate stuff and when you start stuff, it tends to get finished one way or another.

What? Bohannon has his phone up recording while obviously talking shit to a guy. The guy taps him on the shoulder, is standing right in front of him, then knocks him out. Was he supposed to say "Hey Jordan, put your phone down we're gonna throw hands." Get real, that's far from a sucker punch. Maybe Jordan shouldn't run his mouth, and learn how to fight/dodge a punch if he's going to run his mouth. Looked like a junior high school girl pulling his phone out and recording like that. Didn't look like too many people rushed to his defense either. Jordan is a first class douche, surprised this hasn't happened many times before.

Be it dislike or hatred from fans to certain Iowa players I think you can largely thank social media for that. With twitter, instagram, facebook etc people can see more of the personality of that player both college and pros. Use to be just word of mouth minus a few stories that made it to press or public or interviews done with them but that has vastly changed the last decade. Certain stuff they do can really turn fans off by showing off their true colors that aren't always appealing to all the fans and can say or do. When a guy like JBo who is so active on social media and podcasts you better be ready to take the good with the bad.

What? Bohannon has his phone up recording while obviously talking shit to a guy. The guy taps him on the shoulder, is standing right in front of him, then knocks him out. Was he supposed to say "Hey Jordan, put your phone down we're gonna throw hands." Get real, that's far from a sucker punch. Maybe Jordan shouldn't run his mouth, and learn how to fight/dodge a punch if he's going to run his mouth. Looked like a junior high school girl pulling his phone out and recording like that. Didn't look like too many people rushed to his defense either. Jordan is a first class douche, surprised this hasn't happened many times before.
You serious Clark? That was a sucker punch. He wasn’t even engaged with the guy. Goes to show what types of twats truly exist out there if you’re supporting this. I’m not even a JBo fan either...but c’mon square up and be a man about it. If the rumors are true these are two ex football players (ISU and Oregon) that had 75-100 lbs on JBO in their prime. Pick on someone your own size. 30 something year old tough guys probably just ruined their corporate career because of their thin skin.

Reactions: longliveCS40
I am guessing he also has a big ego and getting knocked on his ass might have damaged it. I could see him just wanting to get out of town
Well, I guarantee he’s reading this message board, if he’s allowed to view electrical displays, and maybe he’s learned how many people can’t stand him.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirksFupa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT