ADVERTISEMENT

Did I miss the JBo KO thread?

That is assault and I would bet he will be charged. Alcohol always complicates things but someone can get hurt. The Bohanen kid could be concussed.

and sometimes the landing, where the person's head bounces off concrete, does more damage than the punch

i saw a case where a bouncer got sucker punched outside a bar; he got knocked out, fell, and hit his head on the side of a curb. They had to remove part of his skull to relieve the pressure on his brain. He has brain damage. His life the the drunk idiot who threw the punch's life will never be the same.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Dude this is on camera, guy is getting charged whether Jbo wants to press charges or not. It's not up to him anymore.
I am not a lawyer or a cop so i have no idea what the law is in iowa. But i know recently when a Padres fan went over and socked a rockies fan square in the face and knocked him out on camera posted all over the internet, the guy who got punched decided not to press charges so nothing was done about it. Could be a different law in Iowa than Colorado, i wouldn't know and don't care enough to research.

I am not a lawyer or a cop so i have no idea what the law is in iowa. But i know recently when a Padres fan went over and socked a rockies fan square in the face and knocked him out on camera posted all over the internet, the guy who got punched decided not to press charges so nothing was done about it. Could be a different law in Iowa than Colorado, i wouldn't know and don't care enough to research.

I hear you but this is too much of a media circus. It's always up to the police:

" However, can Police press charges if victim doesn’t? In reality, whether the victim presses charges or not, the police can investigate the matter and even take the suspect into their custody. From there, the prosecutor will take it up and can decide to charge the suspect with the crime."

It's IC, they don't have major crimes to bide their time like a major city like Denver. This guy is getting charged.

My argument has literally nothing to do with who was right/wrong or who exactly did what. My argument is that if Jbo wants this to go away as quickly as possible then he won't press charges period. If he presses charges there's going to be more media attention and coverage and he's gonna have to relive an embarrassing moment over and over again for the next year.
I mean this isn't going to go away anytime soon. It's going to be a meme as long as he's around up until the time he goes to europe or wherever. He seems like the kind of guy that would want some semblance of "justice" in his eyes.

I mean this isn't going to go away anytime soon. It's going to be a meme as long as he's around up until the time he goes to europe or wherever. He seems like the kind of guy that would want some semblance of "justice" in his eyes.
And the guy that attacked him shoukd be held responsible. That is not something that should be socially acceptable.

Here is the worlds smallest violin playing just for McCabe.

We are not applauding a Hawkeye player getting popped.
Take one guess why we may be applauding this one, and why we wouldn't be applauding it if it happened to Keegan or someone.

It is sick that you are applauding anyone being attacked and suffering a head injury. It is worse to me that it is a player on the team that you supposedly support.

Reactions: BBHawk
He got punched and got stitches for being an asshole and thinking he was better than the people he was around. "Head injury", how ****ing soft are you bud?

I suppose you want to meet and fight tough guy. How old are you? It has nothing to do with being soft. You guys need to grow up. I have not seen the official medical report, but getting stitches does qualify as having a head injury. My comment was about applauding that another person is injured. JBo may have deserved to get his butt kicked. That does not mean we should be applauding that it happened.

What does what you said have to do with this thread and/or Jordan being punched?

he doesn’t add much to the team aside from these distractions.

Also, word is many teammates don’t like him either. I am no fan of Legend but the guy seems to know things, so I’ll trust his inside info on this.

fran chose to bring him back when he could have opted to find a transfer or go a different direction.

Reactions: kkhawk and GOHOX69
Counter point: if you are the type of guy who is willing to let another man disrespect you in public by throwing ice water in your face and not throw a punch at them, you are a bitch.

If the previous response was not clear enough, jordan is the "bitch."

Looks like someone voted for Trump!!!

I'd simply walk away. That's not bitch move it's a smart move. I'll be the guy who punched him faces charges. Hardly worth it. What if he'd been more than knocked out?

The only bitch move is not using your brain and thinking through the consequences of being an idiot. You don't win anything by punching someone.

I suppose you want to meet and fight tough guy. How old are you? It has nothing to do with being soft. You guys need to grow up. I have not seen the official medical report, but getting stitches does qualify as having a head injury. My comment was about applauding that another person is injured. JBo may have deserved to get his butt kicked. That does not mean we should be applauding that it happened.
I'm old enough to remember a time when a guy getting punched for acting like an asshole was not a reason to call lawyers and was actually applauded. Jbo was acting like a petulant asshole, I dont feel bad an asshole got punched for acting like an asshole. I dont care that he wears an iowa Jersey sometimes.

he doesn’t add much to the team aside from these distractions.

Also, word is many teammates don’t like him either. I am no fan of Legend but the guy seems to know things, so I’ll trust his inside info on this.

fran chose to bring him back when he could have opted to find a transfer or go a different direction

Your last sentence is the key phrase to me. Legend may have inside information, but I have no idea. I am hoping that Fran has better inside information being the head coach and having two sons on the team. Next season may be a train wreck. This team could also surprise all of us.

Also, Jordan is Iowa's all time assist leader. He is also going to be the the B10's career three point leader. To say he doesn't add much to the team is a gross understatement. You may not like Jordan or the way he plays, but he has been very successful while at Iowa. He does have it shortcomings as a player, which is why he was not more highly recruited coming out of high school.

Reactions: McLovin32
I'm old enough to remember a time when a guy getting punched for acting like an asshole was not a reason to call lawyers and was actually applauded. Jbo was acting like a petulant asshole, I dont feel bad an asshole got punched for acting like an asshole. I dont care that he wears an iowa Jersey sometimes.

I am old enough to understand that fighting does not solve your problems and that punching someone can have serious ramifications. This was not the playground in elementary school. I have not condoned what JBo did, which I have still not seen verified. I have not even condemned the person who punched JBo. I do have an issue with the "adults" on this board who want to applaud someone being punched and want to call others soft for not following suit.

I am old enough to understand that fighting does not solve your problems and that punching someone can have serious ramifications. This was not the playground in elementary school. I have not condoned what JBo did, which I have still not seen verified. I have not even condemned the person who punched JBo. I do have an issue with the "adults" on this board who want to applaud someone being punched and want to call others soft for not following suit.
I think you’re grossly overestimating the number of people here “applauding” that JBo got punched

I think you’re grossly overestimating the number of people here “applauding” that JBo got punched

Yeah. I'm reading it more as many not having sympathy for him. I'm just glad no one got seriously injured or killed. Hopefully JBo will learn from this and the guy who sucker punched him will be held accountable.

I remember that time, too. I also remember a time when someone who sucker-punched a guy then kneed him when he was down would get the holy hell beat out of him with the same day. If you think that guy has heard the last of this your kidding yourself.

I do realize that this is not everyone, which I am happy to see. There are still more than I would have expected who seem to feel that fighting was warranted. Also, I only used the word applauding because that is what Tim Dodge used in his post.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I remember that time, too. I also remember a time when someone who sucker-punched a guy then kneed him when he was down would get the holy hell beat out of him with the same day. If you think that guy has heard the last of this your kidding yourself.
In those times you speak of the person who got sucker punched isnt a giant douche and actually has friends backing them up even when they are being a dumbshit once in a blue moon. I dont know how many fights you all have been in but other than the bullshit elementary "meet me here after school" fights a guy taping a guy on the shoulder, speaking, and then swinging is about all the warning I have ever got or given. Fighting in the real world isnt the movies.

Act like a asshole + get punched = learn from the lesson.

Act like an asshole + get punched + mommy and daddy call the lawyers to protect your privileged ass = no lesson learned and continuation of assholeness.

I might have missed it in all the litigation talk, but what is the extent of his serious head injury.

I might have missed it in all the litigation talk, but what is the extent of his serious head injury.
Stitches. ****ing stitches. If he had a set of nuts he would have used super glue and woke up in the morning thinking he was an asshole the night before.

In those times you speak of the person who got sucker punched isnt a giant douche and actually has friends backing them up even when they are being a dumbshit once in a blue moon. I dont know how many fights you all have been in but other than the bullshit elementary "meet me here after school" fights a guy taping a guy on the shoulder, speaking, and then swinging is about all the warning I have ever got or given. Fighting in the real world isnt the movies.

Act like a asshole + get punched = learn from the lesson.

Act like an asshole + get punched + mommy and daddy call the lawyers to protect your privileged ass = no lesson learned and continuation of assholeness.

You get swung on a lot, duck face? Hehe.

Reactions: blhawk
It is what it is. I wasn't the most mature when I was JBo's age, but I don't ever remember throwing ice at people or purposely stirring shit up. Maybe it's the wake-up call Bohannon needs. At the very least, it wasn't close to being as bad as what happened to Spencer Jones when he decided to bully Frodo Baggins. Lol.

Spencer Jones learned the hard way. College athletes are young and not mature. In college they are treated like gods. Unfortunately many don't know how to handle that amd as a result treat others poorly.

Matt Roth was one of my favorite Hawkeyes of all time. Dude had a legendary reputation around campus. One he was a legend around campus for dating a girl who ended up at Des Moines affiliate Fox as an anchor. Two he was a jerk to people at bars. Rumor was he was talking crap and bullying some guy from the band. Dude from band ended up knocking him out according to rumor. No cell phones back then.

Another guy Riley Reiff. Dude was also a legend and treated as such on campus. However dude was an absolute blast to hangout with and was nice to everyone. Everyone loved seeing this guy out at the bars.

The Iowa City bars have seen a great number of legendary athletes come and go. Some are jerks some are great people. Jordan has always been rumored to be the former. You can hear him taunting the guy as he is recording him. Dude is not a leader Iowa Basketball needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOHOX69
Why is it worse because he is an athlete? Shouldn’t we have compassion for all people?

Interesting.

Here is your reply to @HerkyFan

Your family should be ashamed for producing you. When your death occurs, I hope 3 things:
It is soon.
It is slow.
It is painful.

Here is your reply to @BGHAWK

Every breath you take is a waste of oxygen. You should consider stopping.

Here is your reply to @BelemNole

I hope your entire family dies a slow and painful death tonight.

Here is your reply regarding @cigaretteman

His death, either as a poster or a person (doesn't matter to me which one), cannot come soon enough and won't be painful enough.

Didn’t Bohannon just post something on twitter about his great body makeover? I don’t do Twitter but I am pretty certain I read a comment or two about it.

Spencer Jones learned the hard way. College athletes are young and not mature. In college they are treated like gods. Unfortunately many don't know how to handle that amd as a result treat others poorly.

Matt Roth was one of my favorite Hawkeyes of all time. Dude had a legendary reputation around campus. One he was a legend around campus for dating a girl who ended up at Des Moines affiliate Fox as an anchor. Two he was a jerk to people at bars. Rumor was he was talking crap and bullying some guy from the band. Dude from band ended up knocking him out according to rumor. No cell phones back then.

Another guy Riley Reiff. Dude was also a legend and treated as such on campus. However dude was an absolute blast to hangout with and was nice to everyone. Everyone loved seeing this guy out at the bars.

The Iowa City bars have seen a great number of legendary athletes come and go. Some are jerks some are great people. Jordan has aleays been rumored to be the latter. You can hear him taunting the guy as he is recording him. Dude ia not a leader Iowa Basketball needs.

Lol. I have a hard time believing a band member knocked out Roth.

Looks like someone voted for Trump!!!

I'd simply walk away. That's not bitch move it's a smart move. I'll be the guy who punched him faces charges. Hardly worth it. What if he'd been more than knocked out?

The only bitch move is not using your brain and thinking through the consequences of being an idiot. You don't win anything by punching someone.
aKsHuLLy...... Democrats are the ones rioting and sucker punching people and destroying innocent peoples property. Don't bring politics in if you can handle reality

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT