ADVERTISEMENT

did they do away with the technical for flopping?

Not only did they not get rid of the rule, they’ve actually enhanced the penalty for it a year back.

Originally, a flopping call would be a warning and then a technical on subsequent flops. Today’s rule go straight to the T for a flop, but I haven’t seen it enforced much.

Reactions: Moral
I've seen tons of flops this year, nobody got a warning or T'd up. I thought that was a good rule.
Women's bball refs on the whole are worse than the men's refs. Some of them are pretty bad. and yes I know it is a hard job but there are a lot of really good refs who know a foul or turnover when they see one

When I first started watching Caitlin with the hawks was late in 2022 I think , the year the refs allowed Creighton to come into carver and just play football/wrestling in the name of a ncaa bball game, maybe it was March of 2021

When I officiated for me it was 5 seconds but I would call it then (left no doubt about the timing). But to be honest most of my "partners in crime" haven't called much of that in years

When I officiated for me it was 5 seconds but I would call it then (left no doubt about the timing). But to be honest most of my "partners in crime" haven't called much of that in years
I only ref high school and some youth basketball, but I usually give a warning to get out of the lane right around 3 seconds, if they don't try to move, I'll call it.

Some games I can’t help but think there have to be hs refs out there that should be given a shot at reffing women’s NCAA. It’s hard to imagine them being any worse than some of the crews we’ve seen.

I only ref high school and some youth basketball, but I usually give a warning to get out of the lane right around 3 seconds, if they don't try to move, I'll call it.
Why? Is that the rule? Do you give them a warning to move or you're going to call a block? When you change the rules, to a warning, or waiting for 5 seconds to call it like a previous post said, (particularly in youth basketball), you change the game, and prep younger players to disagree with legitimate calls as they progress through levels. You also add to the negative discourse about referees at all levels.

Why? Is that the rule? Do you give them a warning to move or you're going to call a block? When you change the rules, to a warning, or waiting for 5 seconds to call it like a previous post said, (particularly in youth basketball), you change the game, and prep younger players to disagree with legitimate calls as they progress through levels. You also add to the negative discourse about referees at all levels.

Meh….when you are talking about a rule, that has almost become obsolete, meaning not called at all, I’d say his method is better than NO call🤷‍♂️

You mean the davison rule?

While there is still flopping, maybe the refs are giving individual players more leeway since they aren't pulling sh!t multiple times a game like that douchebag nut puncher.

The flopping, in the women’s game in particular is worse than soccer at this point. It is an eyesore and outcome changing the ways it’s called and not called right now.

It's like most rules that they claim they will be emphasizing....They do for a few games, and then swallow their whistles. Remember the "freedom of movement" rule they would be calling a few years back? Now you practically have to wrap both arms around your opponent before it's a foul. I view inconsistent officiating, often within the same game, as the biggest problem in college basketball. Yes, the players can adjust their playing style while trying to understand how the game is being called, but they shouldn't have to. There are rules for the game and they ought to be applied accurately and impartially.

I have been thinking the same thing as OP.

Many, many times I have seen an offensive player make contact with a defender and the defender falls down. IMO it can only be one of three things -

1. Block
2. Charge
3. Flop

Time and time again, no call.

I don't get it.

Reactions: cmhawks99
The Michigan girl had a huge flop last night against Caitlin. I get it, you want to get in her head and you want to get her in foul trouble. Caitlin gets her in the body on the way to the basket and she flung her head back like she got shot.

It's like most rules that they claim they will be emphasizing....They do for a few games, and then swallow their whistles. Remember the "freedom of movement" rule they would be calling a few years back? Now you practically have to wrap both arms around your opponent before it's a foul. I view inconsistent officiating, often within the same game, as the biggest problem in college basketball. Yes, the players can adjust their playing style while trying to understand how the game is being called, but they shouldn't have to. There are rules for the game and they ought to be applied accurately and impartially.

Well said and to your inconsistent point, half to half and even late, the pattern of what is being called now vs earlier can differentiate wildly…..🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT