ADVERTISEMENT

Flopping queen?

Caitlin said she has worked on falling down the last 2 years. Her first 2 years were more of a lack of strength. Now she's stronger and we don't see it as much.

I really think she needs to cut way down on putting out her arms to the refs and therefore the crowd when she thinks the refs miss a foul call. It is like crying wolf when you do it all the time as it loses its meaning. She especially needs to do it in the pros and I hope the Wnba has better refs. Just play and when there is a really bad call/non call (if you called all the fouls everyone would foul out) then she can throw her arms out etc.

I am not going to say much about her going to the floor after a hard drive because most of us have played even enough pick up bball to know when you are moving fast or in the air and you get bumped you can easily lose your equilibrium and lose having your feet under you.
i agree with this. She really has nothing to show for begging for a call every time no matter how often she is right. My guess is it is bad habit/reflex for her because you would think she would tire of doing it herself. That said, I just think the flopping is exaggerated greatly when her haters compare her to moments where NBA or soccer players acted like they were shot when no contact occurred.

Women are much easier to knock over than men, too. It’s why a 250 lb court stormer could send Caitlin flying after bumping into her—even if it didn’t look like much contact.
Yeah, if that osu fan storming the court, who was looking at her phone probably streaming herself saying "look at me", would have run full on to a men's or women's center or Yahya Black that fan would have been sent to the emergency room or the arena med room for xrays and smelling salts, haha smelling salts are they even used anymore?

That's another thing. It's hilarious that people are complaining about CC complaining, like she's the first basketball player to ever gripe to the officials about not getting a call.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Regarding CC layups where she end up on the floor. I don't think she's falling down on purpose.

You see it a LOT in Men's games too .., player driving hard to the hoop, working around others to get free and puts up a shot when they are a little unbalanced, gets nudged by a defender and hits the floor. Payton Sandfort seems to be on the floor a lot too.

It's pretty common in basketball. I don't think it's a foul or a flop.
This is why officiating is so jacked up and backwards imo.

If an offensive player plows into a motionless defender with arms straight up, whistle on the defender.

OTOH, if an offensive player tries to make a finesse* play by going around and/or leaning in off balance the defender is allowed to body and bump away to gain the advantage. Hence so many players on the floor.

*finesse: is basketball even considered a "finesse" sport anymore? Does anyone under 40 even know what the term means, lol??? Lost concept it seems.

If an offensive player plows into a motionless defender with arms straight up, whistle on the defender.

OTOH, if an offensive player tries to make a finesse* play by going around and/or leaning in off balance the defender is allowed to body and bump away to gain the advantage. Hence so many players on the floor.

*finesse: is basketball even considered a "finesse" sport anymore? Does anyone under 40 even know what the term means, lol??? Lost concept it seems.
Agreed. And, it's ok to pound away on a player dribbling the ball or trying to get a rebound, but breathe on a guy making an easy layup on you get a whistle. It's almost like the refs get paid extra for an "and one".

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk

Basketball has become a full contact sport.

She goes down quite a bit. And she always has the ball so it seems like a lot.

When you are a superstar and get tons of media coverage, there will be haters. If the biggest criticism of CC is that she flops, I think she could live with that.
See thats the thing right there. Just like people complaining about her turnovers. She has the ball almost ALL the time, and she sees the game ahead of the the other players even on her own team. Its like watching a chess champion. The number if times this year she's made some crazy pass before her team mate even turned toward her, and yet the ball is RIGHT there 95% of the time......

Reactions: EagleHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT