ADVERTISEMENT

Did we discuss B10 COTY?.....

Feb 25, 2008
I guess I missed all the individual awards announcements last week, including David Braun getting B10 COTY.

I kinda figured they'd go this route even though most were saying Kirk should get it for rallying the team to a 10-2 record and division title despite a lot of the struggles (at least on offense) Iowa faced were his and his own staff's doing.......

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
I guess I missed all the individual awards announcements last week, including David Braun getting B10 COTY.

I kinda figured they'd go this route even though most were saying Kirk should get it for rallying the team to a 10-2 record and division title despite a lot of the struggles (at least on offense) Iowa faced were his and his own staff's doing.......
I missed it too, but your last sentence sums it up. You don't get credit for facing adversities you created. Quite frankly doing nothing to help your team as a whole by refusing to fix a broken offense and simply relying on a defense to carry you and your son is far from worthy of praise. I'm still not anti-Kirk but the Brian experience is getting me closer. If he fails to put effort into a meaningful OC hire and gives the job to Budmayr or half asses an outside hire for some other fired retread not currently coaching anywhere then I'll probably be joining team Pitchfork.

Was NW a 7-5 talent level team this year? Take away the Fitzgerald situation that NW imposed on themselves, was NW good enough to be where they ended up, or did they overachieve?

For most "experts", Iowa was an 8 win team (some were at 7.5, others at 8.5) that won 10 games. Iowa had their own distractions this year as well, also self-imposed.

I give it to Kirk.

I missed it too, but your last sentence sums it up. You don't get credit for facing adversities you created. Quite frankly doing nothing to help your team as a whole by refusing to fix a broken offense and simply relying on a defense to carry you and your son is far from worthy of praise. I'm still not anti-Kirk but the Brian experience is getting me closer. If he fails to put effort into a meaningful OC hire and gives the job to Budmayr or half asses an outside hire for some other fired retread not currently coaching anywhere then I'll probably be joining team Pitchfork.
Well said and I strongly agree

What really matters in terms of adversity overcome is players on the field.
Iowa lost their top 5-6 players to injury.
NW did have their QB go down but nobody had more adversity injury-wise.
Losing Fitz I n June actually helped NW...cat fans were ready for him to be gone due to stubborn conservatism on offense. Braun made their defense better.
Either coach was deserving.

Doing nothing to help by not fixing your offense?

Kirk went to the portal on offense and got McNamara All, Brown, Anderson, and Feth. McNamara was hurt in fall camp which limited his mobility and went out early in our 5th game while All had 21 catches for 299 yards and 3 TDs in 6 games. Feth was a starter and Brown looks to be an excellent young receiver and Anderson is also very young but could also be a capable receiver.

Last edited:

Kirk went to the portal on offense and got McNamara All, Brown, Anderson, and Feth. McNamara was hurt in fall camp which limited his mobility and went out early in our 5th game while All had 21 catches for 299 yards and 3 TDs in 6 games. Feth was a starter and Brown looks to be an excellent young receiver and Anderson is also very young but could also be a capable receiver.
Can we not do this for every thread?

Kirk went to the portal and on offense and got McNamara All, Brown, Anderson, and Feth. McNamara was hurt in fall camp which limited his mobility and went out early in our 5th game while All had 21 catches for 299 yards and 3 TDs in 6 games. Feth was a starter and Brown looks to be an excellent young receiver and Anderson is also very young but could also be a capable receiver.
Stop cluttering an argument with facts. Now, you can argue that wasn't enough. But they did upgrade their talent level. It would have been interesting to see a healthy McNamara (never was) and All (with Lachey) all year.

Start the same argument that has been laid out for the last 2 years on this board about the offense. Good lord it is boorish
Very clear this was about last year not the last 2 years. I have never used this argument before as it clearly related to a specific post. You seem to have a problem with reading and if anyone is a boor it is you.

Very clear this was about last year not the last 2 years. I have never used this argument before as it clearly related to a specific post. You seem to have a problem with reading and if anyone is a boor it is you.
Very clearly, this is going to turn into the same post made on every thread about Brian being the OC and the offense being shit, so just don't.

Very clearly, this is going to turn into the same post made on every thread about Brian being the OC and the offense being shit, so just don't.
There are no requirements that people stay on topic. I could post that I love puppies and it would end up devolving into a rant about Brian Ferentz. I took it as bradaf only trying to focus on a very narrow point being made by another's counter-factual assertion about Iowa doing nothing to upgrade their offense. The notion that it would end there is wishful thinking, but his point is still valid. Iowa tried, it didn't pan out. Brian is still responsible for making it work, he didn't. There are consequences.

There are no requirements that people stay on topic. I could post that I love puppies and it would end up devolving into a rant about Brian Ferentz. I took it as bradaf only trying to focus on a very narrow point being made by another's counter-factual assertion about Iowa doing nothing to upgrade their offense. The notion that it would end there is wishful thinking, but his point is still valid. Iowa tried, it didn't pan out. Brian is still responsible for making it work, he didn't. There are consequences.
And here we go

I was expecting there to at least be two people up in arms about KF not getting COTY........but there isn't even one.

And this after multiple threads saying just a week and a half ago that he should hands down win COTY..................

That's all I was pointing out.

I really have no issue with NW's coach winning. Kirk could have easily got it as well.

I will say what week did All get hurt? Without looking your son had about 6 or so games to decipher what the players he has does well and put points on the board. Brian is probably just as big a reason PP won the Broyles that Kirk didn't win this.

I missed it too. Here's my discussion: it's crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT