ADVERTISEMENT

Did you learn anything about your loved ones over the holidays?

My step dad has been in my life for 30 years and we have a close relationship. I learned yesterday that he is some kind of foosball shark…came as a complete shock to me. Any new revelations for any of you outside of something something OPs mom.
Me and my brother both realized at the same time his wife is in first stage of memory loss.
Sorry no pics.

a 10 question survey from the officiant that feels more like "the dating game" than any sort of solid life advice?
Our pastor made us do eight one hour sessions before he married us. Shit was intense.

On a side note, there is a reason that 40s is the hot divorce age. People prioritize their children over their spouse and a divide starts in their late 30s. It becomes a bridge to far in their 40s.

Our pastor made us do eight one hour sessions before he married us. Shit was intense.

On a side note, there is a reason that 40s is the hot divorce age. People prioritize their children over their spouse and a divide starts in their late 30s. It becomes a bridge to far in their 40s.
These hoes ain’t loyal…

I’m still a pariah to by brother and most family. Convinced it will always be, but still hoping one of these days things change.

Other than that, I completely slayed bass fishing this past weekend.

Nailed it. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen this and I am guilty of it as well. Putting anything above your partner…kids, work, etc is a recipe for disaster.

There has to be quite a money-making opportunity in pre-marriage counseling. Something called "the sh!t they don't tell you about marriage". That could put quite a dent in the divorce rate.

It would put a bigger dent in the marriage rate…

Reactions: jasonrann
Nailed it. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen this and I am guilty of it as well. Putting anything above your partner…kids, work, etc is a recipe for disaster.
The current layout in youth sports is killing marriages. The amount of couples we know that spend every weekend apart at kids sporting events is crazy. The husband is in (insert city) all weekend with his son and the wife in (insert city) with the daughter. You do 8 years of that then look at each other when it's over with nothing in common anymore and one or both has cheated at some point.

Aren’t you in your early 30s?

We weren't married by a pastor. Ours was like.. a zoom call with my wife's uncle.

Then he used one of the answers during the ceremony as a funny joke story and i was like "mf, that was supposed to be confidential."

Reactions: Derekd3408
We weren't married by a pastor. Ours was like.. a zoom call with my wife's uncle.

Then he used one of the answers during the ceremony as a funny joke story and i was like "mf, that was supposed to be confidential."
Can't trust a man of the cloth who isn't a priest

Reactions: BrianNole777
Got it.

I would disagree with you a bit in that I don’t see kids or spouse as a choice one is forced to make. It’s possible to do both.

Of course. But lots of people forget about their spouse during those ages when the kids are crazy busy. Those that make their spouses a priority during that time frame will be better positioned to handle their kids no longer consuming all of their time.

Got it.

I would disagree with you a bit in that I don’t see kids or spouse as a choice one is forced to make. It’s possible to do both.
I think you can balance it, but when kids have events every night and weekend, it's almost impossible to find the time. I've seen my friends schedules, not sure where they could even fit in time for each other. Basketball, baseball, football, 7 on 7, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, dance, gymnastics, etc. It never stops. It's literally 365 days a year. They have 3 boys and a girl. The kids have basketball, wrestling, and gymnastics every night and every weekend right now.

Of course. But lots of people forget about their spouse during those ages when the kids are crazy busy. Those that make their spouses a priority during that time frame will be better positioned to handle their kids no longer consuming all of their time.
I guess that’s possible. I think anything can happen with couples.

A number of my friends and acquaintances who are divorced had the opposite problem. They never grew up and wanted to go out all the time like they were in their 20s. Like they wanted the dating phase to last forever. Kids got the short end of the stick and many are pretty messed up.

I guess that’s possible. I think anything can happen with couples.

A number of my friends and acquaintances who are divorced had the opposite problem. They never grew up and wanted to go out all the time like they were in their 20s. Like they wanted the dating phase to last forever. Kids got the short end of the stick and many are pretty messed up.
We come from different experiences, which isn't a bad thing. Almost all my friends have grown up (for the most part) and don't really live a party life. Sure they will have beers with other parents after games on Sat night, but they aren't out at the club ripping lines until 3am.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT