ADVERTISEMENT

Did you learn anything about your loved ones over the holidays?

Other than that, I completely slayed bass fishing this past weekend.
Lucky Jon Heder GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

My step dad has been in my life for 30 years and we have a close relationship. I learned yesterday that he is some kind of foosball shark…came as a complete shock to me. Any new revelations for any of you outside of something something OPs mom.
Foosball is a gentleman's game. Your step father sounds like a stand up man.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Foosball is a gentleman's game. Your step father sounds like a stand up man.
Careful now dude…he’s super liberal!

For real though he’s a righteous dude. Said he hadn’t played foosball since the 80’s and primarily just watched really good players. I throwing the bullshit flag on that.

Reactions: Scruddy

For real though he’s a righteous dude. Said he hadn’t played foosball since the 80’s and primarily just watched really good players. I throwing the bullshit flag on that.
Foosball > politics. Sounds like a good guy.

Reactions: jellyfish10
We come from different experiences, which isn't a bad thing. Almost all my friends have grown up (for the most part) and don't really live a party life. Sure they will have beers with other parents after games on Sat night, but they aren't out at the club ripping lines until 3am.

That's kind of funny watching you post that. I still remember your bottle service in Vegas post like it was yesterday. Kids do make you grow up quickly (at least some of us)

That's kind of funny watching you post that. I still remember your bottle service in Vegas post like it was yesterday. Kids do make you grow up quickly (at least some of us)
Yeah. Thanks for making me feel old today. That was like 10 years ago, but might as well have been 100. You couldn't pay me to go to Vegas and get bottle service now. It's crazy to look back knowing I spent thousands of dollars on that stupid shit.

As Michelob said in a 90s commercial, "Some days are better than others". 😎

Material life is better off.

But I missed the chance at a good death. So I sort of regret it, because generally death comes in worse ways...I just would have faded out instead of rotting with dementia or the pain of cancer

He's not too liberal. He lets me put my political sign in his yard every 4 years. However, he's probably more open minded on the smaller level since we don't deal with a lot of the political BS.

He's not too liberal. He lets me put my political sign in his yard every 4 years. However, he's probably more open minded on the smaller level since we don't deal with a lot of the political BS.
He is super liberal, as am I (on certain issues). He’s a super, amazing, far out man and I am very thankful to have him in my life.

Reactions: Hawkman98
My step dad has been in my life for 30 years and we have a close relationship. I learned yesterday that he is some kind of foosball shark…came as a complete shock to me. Any new revelations for any of you outside of something something OPs mom.
We have a foosball tournament every year at Christmas. We have some players in the family. I did the right thing and tanked today so that my 7 year old nephew could win. I hated it.

I did the right thing and tanked today so that my 7 year old nephew could win.

Is it the right thing? I understand the premise, but showing him that you're not going to win every time, isn't always bad.

I struggle with that with my own kids. It's such a fine line with keeping their confidence high but also showing them that practice is essential

Reactions: bojihawk44
Your dad knew Charlie Wilson? If the movie is accurate, I hope he had a helluva time with that dude.
Apparently he wanted my dad to pay him a retainer to help get work in Afghanistan. Dad decided they didn’t want to get that work.

I learned that some are better at sharing than others, especially when it comes to egg nog. Thanks for sharing this.

We have a foosball tournament every year at Christmas. We have some players in the family. I did the right thing and tanked today so that my 7 year old nephew could win. I hated it.
The right thing would be to beat his ass, thus pissing him off and making him want to become better. Eventually he'll get good enough to legitimately challenge you and when he does finally break through and beat you, he'll realize just how sweet victory is.

Last edited:
The right thing would be to beat his ass, thus pissing him off and making him want to become better. Eventually he'll get good enough to legitimately challenge you and when he dies finally break through and beat you, hell realize just how sweet victory is.

It's just a foosball game. Nobody should be dying or going to hell. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT