ADVERTISEMENT

DKSPORTINGDS/ Hoka Sale on FB

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
My bride received an ad this AM from Dick’s Sporting Goods. It explained they were no longer going to sell “Hoka” shoes and therefore they were offering most of Hoka collection at $20/ pr and discounting multiple prs. Of shoes. She ordered 6 pr. and we were billed $59.63 on her CC....shipping is “free”.....so apparently NOT a scam.
( However, be aware....there is another sight is making the same buy offer on shoes but they are charging $150 /shoe shipping fee! )
We are to receive these shoes in 6 days. Included were pretty much the entire Hoka selection...men’s and women’s.

Fraud Hoax GIF

Reactions: GOHOX69 and QChawks
OP needs to take an elderly financial abuse course. We knew Joel was old and senile for the most part but this is new territory of old. But you should notify your bank or card company to cancel the card. Maybe alert the CBRs of the potential stolen Identity about to happen.

It was a FB Post my bride received from “DKSPORTS”...(Dick’s)....I’m as curious as you are...figure if I get scammed, it’ll cost me $60....we shall see...so far the CC is okay with the transaction....
Let's break this down:
DKSPORTS is NOT Dick's Sporting Goods
Unbelievable price for a popular product
Closeout - act now before you miss out
Free shipping - added incentive
Advertised on Facebook only, not the actual Dick's Sporting Goods website

Those should have been your first signs. Not to mention once you fell for it, it didn't even charge you the right price per pair per the post. It charged a smaller amount the credit card company is less inclined to flag and care about.

I hope that's clear now. I hate to see people get scammed like this.

Oh OP…time to talk to your kids about taking away either the internet or your bank info / credit cards. You can have one, but you can’t have both.
We had to do both with my dad his last couple of years. My mom would type in the password for him and let him play games, but that was it. And she had to take away the checkbook and credit cards. She walked in one day and he was trying to find the bank account information to give a "nice man" on the phone who was going to fix the computer remotely.

Reactions: Moral
Let's break this down:
DKSPORTS is NOT Dick's Sporting Goods
Unbelievable price for a popular product
Closeout - act now before you miss out
Free shipping - added incentive

Those should have been your first signs. Not to mention once you fell for it, it didn't even charge you the right price per pair per the post. It charged a smaller amount the credit card company is less inclined to flag and care about.

I hope that's clear now. I hate to see people get scammed like this.
Based on past posting history, OP and his wife lose all common sense when they smell a deal.

OP needs to take an elderly financial abuse course. We knew Joel was old and senile for the most part but this is new territory of old. But you should notify your bank or card company to cancel the card. Maybe alert the CBRs of the potential stolen Identity about to happen.
I'm sure the Nigerian Scammer has great return policies.
If they get me, they get me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT