ADVERTISEMENT

DMV?

Camhawk2012

HR MVP
Nov 13, 2020
Current wait time 2 hours and 18 mins. Question. Im sure the wealthy and elite are not waiting this long at the DMV. How do they obtain driver’s licenses?

I got my license renewed at the local Kum N Go through a self service machine. Kinda odd to get your pic taken while trash were getting their cigs, sugar drinks, and forties. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

I renewed a few months back. I made an appointment online, waited a couple of months (They were that far behind.), and went into the office and renewed ... It took maybe half an hour. I had chosen to upgrade to the new "Freedom" license or whatever they call it ("Liberty" perhaps?) and that required a few extra documents which they seemed to examine a bit more closely.

In the past, I have spent up to half a day at a time in that place. Like you, I used to sit there and wonder why there were no movie stars or even local tycoons sitting around in the same predicament as myself.

Current wait time 2 hours and 18 mins. Question. Im sure the wealthy and elite are not waiting this long at the DMV. How do they obtain driver’s licenses?

They probably didn't wait that long because they made an appointment. This can be done on a phone. If someone isn't smart enough to plan ahead a little, that's on them.

Not a rich vs poor thing that you're trying to make it.

In the past, I have spent up to half a day at a time in that place. Like you, I used to sit there and wonder why there were no movie stars or even local tycoons sitting around in the same predicament as myself.

exactly. My first thought was maybe the state allows the elite to have a proxy or something. But the individual needs to be there for the photo.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
They probably didn't wait that long because they made an appointment. This can be done on a phone. If someone isn't smart enough to plan ahead a little, that's on them.

Not a rich vs poor thing that you're trying to make it.

I didn’t say it was a rich vs poor thing. I asked a simple question and an idiot like you make everything that anyone says contentious when there is no need for it.

I didn’t say it was a rich vs poor thing. I asked a simple question and an idiot like you make everything that anyone says contentious when there is no need for it.

No?

Make an appointment next time and you won't have to wait for 2+ hours.

Have a friend who is a supervisor at our local DMV. Text her, and we're in and out in 15 minutes.

I just got mine renewed and added the gold star. Made a reservation online, showed up and went through their process, and was out in maybe 20 minutes. I was told in 7 years when I would need to renew again I'd be able to do it online or at a kiosk in the community or something vs coming to the facility. So, I won't need to go back to the DMV for 14 years.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Rich people have drivers.

Rich people live in places like Florida where you can make an appointment and get a message on your phone when it's time to show up.

In other places, rich people have people to monitor wait times for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT