ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe there are posters who are getting paid in some fashion for their political posts?

On either side of the aisle.

I think yes.
Do I think there is someone who has some sort of bespoke relationship with third party to monitor and troll HBOT? Nope. Or at least I hope not, as that would make for one profoundly stupid purchaser of services in terms of the value proposition. it's HBOT.

Do I think that there may be persons who somehow (I don't know how, I'm too old to know how this whole internet economy thing works) leverage other social media platforms that generate revenue by plopping stuff in here? Sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennNole17
I do think you have some Russian individuals posting here. Maybe I am wrong, but I really think you have some major disinformation going on, I know some people are crazy, but it would not surprise me one bit.
I actually don't think that. As a former russian major, the reality is that you can tell a russian as the syntax is never "quite" right (even when it's wrong). if i were forced to lay money as to economic relationships (russian or otherwise), it would be posters who communicate minimally, and mostly through memes.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
not the russians again! lololololololololololololol

you people are out of your ****ing minds.
david cronenberg tattoo GIF

Last edited:
Not currently, but no one will convince me that Nat Algren wasn't a paid Russian troll. He had no interest in sports, music, boobs food, etc. Just all Russia propaganda all the time (until his timely death).

The weirder ones are those that agree wholeheartedly with him that are not bots/shills. I'd like to think if I were presented with tacit proof that I was falling for a canard, I would examine my beliefs not double-down on siding with nefarious actors.

I actually don't think that. As a former russian major, the reality is that you can tell a russian as the syntax is never "quite" right (even when it's wrong). if i were forced to lay money as to economic relationships (russian or otherwise), it would be posters who communicate minimally, and mostly through memes.
As we know, someone doesn't have to be Russian to promote Russian propaganda and get paid for it.

Reactions: bunsen82
Here’s the thing. The purpose of troll farms is not to persuade but to gin up, and it really doesn’t matter which side is getting ginned up. So while it’s nearly inconceivable to me that someone out there thinks a college sports board - focusing on Iowa no less - is a worthwhile forum to troll, if there were, the likelihood of people fanning flames on both sides is probably greater than on one.

Oh, we had one that fit that bill. And he disappeared right about the time the Ukraine invasion went sideways.

Well you have 3-4 that just constantly post X. Seems like plausible situations. Add in the couple crazies in the Ukraine thread.

Not currently, but no one will convince me that Nat Algren wasn't a paid Russian troll. He had no interest in sports, music, boobs, food, etc. Just all Russia propaganda all the time (until his timely death).
Nat even had those weird malapropisms that only an ESL troll would exhibit. He'd say stuff like "Beware of the cabbage in hand when soup is in the cupboard." I'm almost certain he's decaying in a drainage canal while nature works to turn him into sunflowers.

Reactions: BelemNole
Here4manydays posts in the football forum and I generally agree with him so I don't think he's a paid bot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT