ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe there are posters who are getting paid in some fashion for their political posts?

Reactions: BelemNole
Here4manydays posts in the football forum and I generally agree with him so I don't think he's a paid bot.
Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

massive amounts of money are being expended to influence the 7 real voters on this site. all said and done my vote probably will end up costing 100K...i would've preferred a simple check.

Here4manydays posts in the football forum and I generally agree with him so I don't think he's a paid bot.

Actually, rico posts on the sports boards quite often as well and makes some pretty solid points on the football board.

In agreement with others. I don't really think so right now, but that Nat dude was pretty sus.

I’ve been meaning to start this exact thread.

Yes, most definitely, there are paid agitators on this site.

Ryan/NCH5 and Phenomenally Spamtastic are the first to come to mind. There are probably one or two others.
I think there is a 69% chance @Phenomenally Frantastic is Leon Musk. Both of their descents into madness and transformation into Trump fans have happened at same time.

Tell me Seminole is a rational American.

I wasn’t the one irrationally insisting the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Promoting putin and russian policies. Go look at the Russia Ukraine
thread.

Do tell where you think I’m ’promoting Putin and Russian policies’.
Be specific.
Because it’s still hard for me to believe anyone would read anyone writing, ‘Hitler invaded Russia for lebensraum’ and conclude the author must be a Nazi and Hitler fan to have reached that conclusion.
But there you are.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I wasn’t the one irrationally insisting the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Do tell where you think I’m ’promoting Putin and Russian policies’.
Be specific.
Because it’s still hard for me to believe anyone would read anyone writing, ‘Hitler invaded Russia for lebensraum’ and conclude the author must be a Nazi and Hitler fan to have reached that conclusion.
But there you are.
Go reread what I said, i said there were probabilities and one of them was Russia doing it to cause prices to go up (they did) and had already mothballed (they had), and it appeared they had no intention of repairing ( they don’t) so affectively Ukraine blew up a pipeline that had no future use.

That’s not the issue, it’s you claiming the war is ukraines fault, stating it’s Russia right to have a buffer state, claiming there is nazi’s in Ukraine. This isn’t normal rational thought process.

Go reread what I said, i said there were probabilities and one of them was Russia doing it to cause prices to go up (they did) and had already mothballed (they had), and it appeared they had no intention of repairing ( they don’t) so affectively Ukraine blew up a pipeline that had no future use.

The 'mothballing' was initiated by western sanctions. I've already provided the links on that saga of the Siemens turbine in Canada and the back and forth between Germany and Canada about it.
Russia was using it as a stick, but the ability to restore the flows was their carrot.
And Ukraine destroyed it so that Russia couldn't entice Germany with the carrot.
The idea Nordstream 1 had no use when they were in the process of certifying Nordstream 2 (before this stage of the war) to carry even larger flows of gas is not rational.

That’s not the issue, it’s you claiming the war is ukraines fault,

Liar.
Back that up with a quote.
You can't, because it's bullshit from your head.
I do blame the neocons for deliberately provoking this war.

stating it’s Russia right to have a buffer state,

Liar.
I have never said they have a 'right' to a buffer state, but I have said that's why they went to war.
When Merkel said that Putin would view a NATO invitation as a declaration of war, she wasn't saying he was justified in holding that view. She was explaining that was the world view that would drive his decision making.
Absolutely in line with Ambassador Burns 2008 secret diplomatic cable, that wasn't written to spin public opinion, but to inform White House decision makers.
Just because it is Russia's reasoning doesn't make it right. Anymore than the Nazi 'logic' of expanding east justified their wars, even as it ordained them.

claiming there is nazi’s in Ukraine. This isn’t normal rational thought process.

Goddamnit, did you not read any of those links?
These aren't my claims, they were claims in mainstream media. And really more so in left leaning media, because of the fear these racist groups were a potential training ground for racist extremists from the US. It's why Congress banned weapons going to Azov battalion until literally this year.
I'm not making any of this up.
Why do you ignore it? Or pretend it isn't 'normal' to observe something in USA Today, CNN, BBC, and dozen other run of the mill news sources? Can you find a piece in the media anywhere before '22 refuting it, or trying to minimize it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
claiming there is nazi’s in Ukraine. This isn’t normal rational thought process.
https://ctc.westpoint.edu/the-nexus-between-far-right-extremists-in-the-united-states-and-ukraine/

See that URL?
You know what West Point is, right?

The Nexus Between Far-Right Extremists in the United States and Ukraine​

April 2020, Volume 13, Issue 4

Abstract: Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups in the United States and Europe have become more active and dangerous in the last decade and have developed a much deeper online presence. This has helped them establish closer transnational contacts. One common preoccupation for both individuals and groups has been the conflict in Ukraine, where a well-established far-right extremist movement and its associated militia have consistently engaged with and welcomed far-right ideologues and fighters from other parts of Europe and North America.

Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups are a growing preoccupation for security services and intelligence agencies in the United States and Europe. Fragmented and loosely organized, they are difficult to track. But their members frequently interact across borders and continents, thanks to encrypted messaging tools and online forums. Hundreds also travel between North America and Europe, with Ukraine emerging as a favored destination for a significant number of American far-right extremists.a

In recent years, some Americans and Europeans drawn to various brands of far-right nationalism have looked to Ukraine as their field of dreams: a country with a well-established, trained, and equipped far-right militia—the Azov Regiment—that has been actively engaged in the conflict against Russian-backed separatists in Donbas.

• Haha
While I doubt we have any paid operatives, I do suspect that some posters on Rivals are volunteer members of groups like Turning Point USA or Oath Keepers who coordinate talking points with their organizations to some extent. For many of these posters, Rivals is just one of many sites that they post to regularly.

I think so. There are some, who no matter how much direct evidence you provide, simply will not concede a point, and will continue propagating a lie.

E.g. at this point I'd say anyone who still says Trump supports and will implement project 2025 is a suspect.

Can't make this shit up

Here’s the thing. The purpose of troll farms is not to persuade but to gin up, and it really doesn’t matter which side is getting ginned up. So while it’s nearly inconceivable to me that someone out there thinks a college sports board - focusing on Iowa no less - is a worthwhile forum to troll, if there were, the likelihood of people fanning flames on both sides is probably greater than on one.
Paid, no. People who are activated to repost misinformation, yes. And, this isn’t just an Iowa board. For minimal time and expense you can access multiple boards, post stuff which members will spread far and wide. It’s about reaching as many people as possible for the Russians, Chinese, Iranians, and the rest of them.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Do I think there is someone who has some sort of bespoke relationship with third party to monitor and troll HBOT? Nope. Or at least I hope not, as that would make for one profoundly stupid purchaser of services in terms of the value proposition. it's HBOT.

Do I think that there may be persons who somehow (I don't know how, I'm too old to know how this whole internet economy thing works) leverage other social media platforms that generate revenue by plopping stuff in here? Sure.
On this scale, about the only way a stealth marketer/influencer could make money is with tourism. Guys like tribe who have seemingly been everywhere cool in the world with tips and lists for awesome stuff. All it takes is one person doing a trip. Come to think of it, @torbee could be a plant for the quad cities and Mississippi River cruise tourism industry…

Reactions: Aardvark86
I wish they'd out themselves so I can figure out how to get in on it. Being paid to shitpost all day is my dream job.

I think so. There are some, who no matter how much direct evidence you provide, simply will not concede a point, and will continue propagating a lie.

E.g. at this point I'd say anyone who still says Trump supports and will implement project 2025 is a suspect.
Let me help you out, because you seem a little off-kilter lately.

If someone has a history of always telling the truth, of being a stand up guy and honoring his word then most people are going to believe he will do what he says he will do.

If, on the other hand, someone has been caught lying, cheating, stealing and more…would you believe anything they say? I would not. Just because Trump says something does not make it evidence because Trump is a serial liar.

So why would you call people who think Trump is lying “suspect”? It simply isn’t rational to think Trump is telling the truth, especially since he has given overt or tacit support to much of the project 2025 playbook and he has historically provided support and encouragement for its architects.

Let me help you out, because you seem a little off-kilter lately.

If someone has a history of always telling the truth, of being a stand up guy and honoring his word then most people are going to believe he will do what he says he will do.

If, on the other hand, someone has been caught lying, cheating, stealing and more…would you believe anything they say? I would not. Just because Trump says something does not make it evidence because Trump is a serial liar.

So why would you call people who think Trump is lying “suspect”? It simply isn’t rational to think Trump is telling the truth, especially since he has given overt or tacit support to much of the project 2025 playbook and he has historically provided support and encouragement for its architects.
I'm not off kilter, it's just that I call bullshit both ways, and the bullshit from the left has been on overload in recent months. I understand where you don't like that, everyone has a side and they don't like it called out.

When Agenda 47, Trump's actual endorsed plan has crossover with Project 2025, it doesn't mean he supports project 2025. And yes, even a moderate is going to agree on 80% of things a right wing extremist believes (or a left wing extremist for that matter), but the 20% matters greatly (it's essentially where all political dissent comes from).

So yeah, when he posts agenda 47 on his website, and renounces project 2025, and those on the left continually bring it up...then yes I would tag them as "suspect."

That's the tip of the iceberg with those types of claims. You have "he'll sign an abortion ban," "put liberals in camps," and "cancel future elections" too. All BS. And eff you guys for making me defend this POS.

If he were going to do any of that he'd have done it in his first term, and if Kamala were going to do anything she envisions maybe she'd have started in her first term too...even Bernie understands that.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

What about a person that takes drastic positions on multiple issues and then 4 years later takes the exact opposite positions?

I'm not off kilter, it's just that I call bullshit both ways, and the bullshit from the left has been on overload in recent months. I understand where you don't like that, everyone has a side and they don't like it called out.

When Agenda 47, Trump's actual endorsed plan has crossover with Project 2025, it doesn't mean he supports project 2025. And yes, even a moderate is going to agree on 80% of things a right wing extremist believes (or a left wing extremist for that matter), but the 20% matters greatly (it's essentially where all political dissent comes from).

So yeah, when he posts agenda 47 on his website, and renounces project 2025, and those on the left continually bring it up...then yes I would tag them as "suspect."

That's the tip of the iceberg with those types of claims. You have "he'll sign an abortion ban," "put liberals in camps," and "cancel future elections" too. All BS. And eff you guys for making me defend this POS.

If he were going to do any of that he'd have done it in his first term, and if Kamala were going to do anything she envisions maybe she'd have started in her first term too...even Bernie understands that.
You are extremely naive and delusional and that's being nice.

What about a person that takes drastic positions on multiple issues and then 4 years later takes the exact opposite positions?
I call her a politician and I don’t like her, or any other politician,flip flopping. They all do it and it’s sucks. Hell Trump was a democrat once upon a time.

If she wasn’t running against Trump she probably would not get my vote. I said this in another thread, but if she wants to get re-elected she HAS to be a moderate for the next four years. She is sane and capable of reason - therefore it is highly, highly unlikely she would do anything too far left.

Trump on the other hand is not burdened by the need for re-election in 2028. And he is not sane.

Ciggy comes to mind. He was/is the obvious choice, at least for me. I have him on ignore because at one point literally every other thread was an article he spammed. To his credit, he did link articles but he rarely if ever commented in threads he started.

massive amounts of money are being expended to influence the 7 real voters on this site. all said and done my vote probably will end up costing 100K...i would've preferred a simple check.
sewing discord this way is cheap, all things considered. I'm sure they can create one post that gets spammed across hundreds of sites.

Reactions: desihawk
https://ctc.westpoint.edu/the-nexus-between-far-right-extremists-in-the-united-states-and-ukraine/

See that URL?
You know what West Point is, right?

The Nexus Between Far-Right Extremists in the United States and Ukraine​

April 2020, Volume 13, Issue 4

Abstract: Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups in the United States and Europe have become more active and dangerous in the last decade and have developed a much deeper online presence. This has helped them establish closer transnational contacts. One common preoccupation for both individuals and groups has been the conflict in Ukraine, where a well-established far-right extremist movement and its associated militia have consistently engaged with and welcomed far-right ideologues and fighters from other parts of Europe and North America.

Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups are a growing preoccupation for security services and intelligence agencies in the United States and Europe. Fragmented and loosely organized, they are difficult to track. But their members frequently interact across borders and continents, thanks to encrypted messaging tools and online forums. Hundreds also travel between North America and Europe, with Ukraine emerging as a favored destination for a significant number of American far-right extremists.a

In recent years, some Americans and Europeans drawn to various brands of far-right nationalism have looked to Ukraine as their field of dreams: a country with a well-established, trained, and equipped far-right militia—the Azov Regiment—that has been actively engaged in the conflict against Russian-backed separatists in Donbas.
You are nuts. What does that have to do with anything, that their are crazy people in every country???? Its like I have validation in murdering someone because I think they are a Nazi or it gives validation to attack any country if I can pull up an article about some crazies. This is where you are so far down the rabbit hole. I could argue the rest but there is no need.

I still stand by that Russia has no say over whether Ukraine can join Nato or not. They shouldn't have attacked them if they wanted a border state. FAFO as they say.

I want to know how to get paid.

I (usually) think about what I'm saying and try to add information and reason to a discussion. Kinda sad if nobody will pay for that.

Getting paid? No. But I believe some are bots, like Arbor1.
You'd think an AI would be able to identify bots.

There's an app called Fakespot that rates sellers and product ratings on sites like Amazon, apparently by analyzing the posts (in the case of ratings). It's only moderately useful, but is a nice idea, and maybe it will get better.

Seems like it wouldn't be beyond the pale to do something similar with social media posts to give posters a probability rating on their legitimacy and slant.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
To be clear, I don’t think there are Russian trolls here or people assigned to HBOT exclusively.

I was more talking about someone who is affiliated with a campaign or a party and part of their job is regularly posting talking points on various social media websites.

Reactions: mattymoknows
To be clear, I don’t think there are Russian trolls here or people assigned to HBOT exclusively.

I was more talking about someone who is affiliated with a campaign or a party and part of their job is regularly posting talking points on various social media websites.
Well, I used to think Chis likely works for the DNC, then PF showed up w/ his twitter account.

That certainly seems plausible. Perhaps even likely, if HROT is a big enough audience to justify it. Is it?

In addition to the major parties, I imagine we could have shills for Big Oil and other corrupting interest groups. I mean these folks spend millions on lobbying and advertising; why not a little on sites like this?

Then again, lots of us here have points of view we feel strongly about and, for all practical purposes, we shill for free.

Whom (or what) do you shill for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT