ADVERTISEMENT

Do you carry your dislike of posters from thread to thread?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Do you see any and all posts by posters you generally dislike as bad and therefore either ignored or rebuked automatically? Or are you able to put previous disliking aside and take each thread by said poster with a clean slate?

I am 100% the latter. In fact I often read and respond to threads and posts before reading who they are from as to not taint my position on the subject. Sometimes think “I can’t believe I’m agreeing with that idiot”, but nonetheless try to post based on the merits of each separate topic.

Reactions: thewop
200w.gif

Do you see any and all posts by posters you generally dislike as bad and therefore either ignored or rebuked automatically? Or are you able to put previous disliking aside and take each thread by said poster with a clean slate?

I am 100% the latter. In fact I often read and respond to threads and posts before reading who they are from as to not taint my position on the subject. Sometimes think “I can’t believe I’m agreeing with that idiot”, but nonetheless try to post based on the merits of each separate topic.
I'm like you. I respect people who disagree. Everyone has

I am like you. Everything has their own life story. They may see life through their own prism and I respect that. We need to talk and respect it.

Shut

The

Fvck

Up

Just leave politics out of non-political threads and everyone is good in my book

Nope. Even people I disagree with them most of the time, sometimes I'll agree and give them props.

I'm about 90% like OP. A lot of times I don't even pay attention to the poster name when liking/replying, however there are exceptions. I tend to take notes when someone says something particularly cruel or just plain nuts, then after they do it about 4-5 times then I know to "look out" for that one.

Happens all the time. Lots of people I disagree with politically because there are so many drama queens, but change the subject and we could be buddies. Kinda like real life.

Reactions: noleclone2
I kind of laugh at the fact that there are guys here I NEVER agree with but often agree wholeheartedly on the football board. A lot of that is we argue opinions over there and often times facts here on OT.

No, I read posts and judge each accordingly.
There are some that are performing a schtick and post very similar comments repeatedly so those posts will likely get skipped or at most skimmed

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
You politi
I kind of laugh at the fact that there are guys here I NEVER agree with but often agree wholeheartedly on the football board. A lot of that is we argue opinions over there and often times facts here on OT.
Your political opinions are facts to you and that’s where you are warped.

There’s a handful I either straight breeze past their posts, or don’t bother to engage at all. Other than those select few its a clean slate every thread.
Why did it take me 4 different threads for you to give me a 2/10 on Sloppy Toppenheimer.

My wife saw me cry for the first time cause of that.

I'm about 90% like OP. A lot of times I don't even pay attention to the poster name when liking/replying, however there are exceptions. I tend to take notes when someone says something particularly cruel or just plain nuts, then after they do it about 4-5 times then I know to "look out" for that one.
Heck, I even agree with Joes Place and Chis from time to time, and...... wait for it.....
like their posts.

Reactions: Tom Paris
There’s a small handful of overly abrasive posters with whom I won’t engage. I will reply to NCH5’s fleet of trolls, far right posters like Northern and a bumper crop of other dilweeds on here like Phenomenally up E-Loon’s ass. The both sides/whatabout gang receive occasional replies. There are a few on here who shall remain nameless that are out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT