ADVERTISEMENT

Do you wear corrective eyelenses?

Do you require corrective vision measures?

• No, I have 20/20 vision.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • No, I don't have 20/20 vision but I don't do anything to correct it.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yes, I wear glasses, but only for certain tasks.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Yes, I wear glasses all the time.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • Yes, I wear contact lenses.

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • I had corrective eye surgery.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
My eyes have gone to total crap in the last couple years.

I’m 53

I wear contacts.

I wear reading glasses with the contacts to...read.

I wear lesser strength reading glasses to read a computer screen.

I misplace said reading glasses on a daily basis.

I’ve bought a half dozen said reading glasses and strategically placed them so when I misplace one I have a back up.

GETTING OLD ****ING SUCKS!!!!

I’m kind of ambivalent on the subject though

Yes.
sub-buzz-30440-1489346779-1.png

I wore glasses a lot more before the pandemic. I used to buy just one box of contacts for each eye and they would last me 2 years. I got irritated with the mask and glasses really quick early in the pandemic and then I also started going outside to bike or walk distances from people and started wearing contacts basically every day so I could wear sunglasses for that.

I had great vision. Ted Williams vision in high school.

Went in to renew my license in my 30s and they said no. You can’t see worth a shit

so now I wear glasses 90 percent of my waking hours

Reactions: mattymoknows
My eyes have gone to total crap in the last couple years.

I’m 53

I wear contacts.

I wear reading glasses with the contacts to...read.

I wear lesser strength reading glasses to read a computer screen.

I misplace said reading glasses on a daily basis.

I’ve bought a half dozen said reading glasses and strategically placed them so when I misplace one I have a back up.

GETTING OLD ****ING SUCKS!!!!

I’m kind of ambivalent on the subject though

My story is different.

I had good vision until I was in my early 20s and suddenly I couldn't see at a distance. Seriously, I took a summer off from school and when I went back to class I couldn't see the board.

I wore glasses every waking hour after that for decades. Single vision for distance, but I could still read through them and never had a problem until I got into my 50s.

Then things started changing and the eyeglasses store pushed me into progressives.

I absolutely hate them. I haven't been wearing my glasses at all except for driving for the past couple of years.

I went to get an eye exam today and amazingly, my eyesight has improved markedly! I can actually see at a distance better without my old glasses than with them!

My new prescription is barely strong enough to require me to have the "corrective lenses" tag on my driver license. It's amazing!

So, you may see some improvement if you exercise your eyes... you might just be able to make your eyesight better if you're not using the crutch of glasses all the time.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
My story is different.

I had good vision until I was in my early 20s and suddenly I couldn't see at a distance. Seriously, I took a summer off from school and when I went back to class I couldn't see the board.

I wore glasses every waking hour after that for decades. Single vision for distance, but I could still read through them and never had a problem until I got into my 50s.

Then things started changing and the eyeglasses store pushed me into progressives.

I absolutely hate them. I haven't been wearing my glasses at all except for driving for the past couple of years.

I went to get an eye exam today and amazingly, my eyesight has improved markedly! I can actually see at a distance better without my old glasses than with them!

My new prescription is barely strong enough to require me to have the "corrective lenses" tag on my driver license. It's amazing!

So, you may see some improvement if you exercise your eyes... you might just be able to make your eyesight better if you're not using the crutch of glasses all the time.
Wow...that’s an interesting path. The trouble with me is I’m damned near blind without corrective lenses. Not sure about strengthening my eyes but I guess it’s worth a shot

I wear both contacts and glasses, alternating between the two.

The contacts keep you looking the same, and allow you to wear sunglasses easily. I go daylies, with systane, two eye drops in each before in inserting.

But sometimes it's too darn dry to wear contacts, so I have glasses too.

I had 20/10 vision until a few years ago, then it slipped to 20/20. Now I have to use readers.

20/20 in one eye, 20/15 in the other.

I wear glasses now for staring at the computer all day. They have blue light filter and slight magnification. If I don't, by mid afternoon my eyes hurt and have a hard time focusing.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Progressives.
Contacts for a few decades until I needed readers too.
Now even my sunglasses are progressives.

One of my favorite possible fake history stories is that the US pushed carrots as the reason that our air and sea men could find Germans because they didn’t want to let the Germans know about our radar technology.
It was actually the British. In 1939 they developed a radar system that enabled them to shoot down German planes more easily during the London air raids in 1940. Obviously they didn’t want Germany to know about this new technology so they spread rumors that they were feeding their pilots large amounts of carrots to improve their night vision. Germany even started feeding their pilots more carrots.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I’m nearsighted and have astigmatisms in both eyes. I have bifocals I wear sometimes but typically wear a contact in my dominant eye only so I can see distance and read without reader glasses.

One of my favorite possible fake history stories is that the US pushed carrots as the reason that our air and sea men could find Germans because they didn’t want to let the Germans know about our radar technology.
Thanks for the interest lead.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...at-carrots-help-you-see-in-the-dark-28812484/

I have horrid vision. Without my contacts I can't even tell if someone is male or female from more than probably five feet away. It's just blobs of colors.

My vision hasn't changed in the last 6 years, so that's nice I guess.

I never understood the attraction of contact lenses.

So, I'm supposed to stick this thing in my eye that can cause a horrible infection if I don't clean it properly? Just so I don't have to wear glasses?

Really?

Reactions: Moral
If you want to improve your eyes focus on the following: 1) improve your ocular muscles. Take off your glasses for 30 min per day and see a close or far object depending on whether you're farsighted or nearsighted. 2) Incorporate beta carotene. Don't have to chunk down carrots. Eat spinach, kale or make carrot apple juice. 3) Incorporate lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin in your diet through a supplement. 4) If you have a family risk of amd, use a supplement with trace copper. And if your eyes truly suck visit Iowa or Hopkins, both of which have stud opthalmologists.

I never understood the attraction of contact lenses.

So, I'm supposed to stick this thing in my eye that can cause a horrible infection if I don't clean it properly? Just so I don't have to wear glasses?

Really?

Not really that high risk of an activity. Beat the hell out of rec specs for sports. I had to start wearing corrective lenses in 7th grade. So basically my entire athletic career. You know how much it sucks playing with glasses or rec specs? Also, kids who wore their regular glasses with those straps that made it look like they had rat tails looked liked freakin' dorks.

• Angry
Reactions: The Tradition
Not really that high risk of an activity. Beat the hell out of rec specs for sports. I had to start wearing corrective lenses in 7th grade. So basically my entire athletic career. You know how much it sucks playing with glasses or rec specs? Also, kids who wore their regular glasses with those straps that made it look like they had rat tails looked liked freakin' dorks.

:mad:

a1962a7e68855e381da4e1393fef731a.jpg

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT