ADVERTISEMENT

Dochterman says that once a couple QBs hit the Portal Iowa will be all over them (Brendan Sullivan visiting May 7)

I don’t think college football players are any greedier than any other group of people.

I think you’re going a little too far, suggesting they are greedy. What would you call the coaching staff?

Those kids are doing the exact same thing any of us would do. Some of them are greedy, and some of them are altruistic. Just like the rest the general population. Calm down on saying these kids are greedy.

They are getting what they can out of the system they are living in. I agree it’s broken, but that’s not their fault.

Would it be greedy for you to get a raise from your employer, and then want to keep health insurance?

Humans are greedy by nature. We live in a capitalistic society that covets wealth. Get off your high horse.

Calm down. I am simply agreeing with these 2 posters and those who agreed with them.

You can have your opinion; we'll have ours.

If a player is making hundreds of thousands of dollars, he shouldn’t be on scholarship.

His scholarship should be paid for by his NIL.

LOLOLOL. You are the greediest person on this board. You only post to try and draw attention to yourself. You go on personal battles on this board fighting for your threads to stay on top of the list. You are a giant GREEDY hypocrite.

giphy.gif

So does en

So does envy. I think there are a lot of valid reasons to keep the scholarship. I don't really have a problem with it. We had the same arguments when Brian Ferentz played. Should rich kids be asked to walk on? He earned the scholarship and the benefits from it. Why ask him to give it up?
I would not ask a kid to turn down a scholarship he earned. I mean if he wanted to, because his parents were wealthy, I can see that logic too, but I would not expect it from them. Earned is earned. As for envy, really only losers have that. From some dude that does not understand what goes into having that "hot" wife, to people who do not understand what it takes to do anything at a fairly high level. So I do not really envy anyone, same old devils, just different levels is my thoughts on it.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Sullivan is also a fully mobile QB whereas Cade is most definitely not. That's QB1 material in my eyes.
I think Cade moves a lot better than you realize. He is not a runner, but he does move around pretty well. We just haven’t gotten to see yet.

That said, he is now the least mobile QB on campus, and is probably the most mobile QB Iowa has had since Beathard.

Reactions: eyesofhawk
What we really know now is that we will have 4 QB's that will have the ability to use their legs to make a difference (if Cade is healthy). That fact alone means that we will most certainly be seeing a different offense than what we have witnessed since CJ and that defenses will most certainly have to play us differently as well.
The current QB's certainly aren't statues, which is great. But designed runs for the QB's aren't something that will be used very frequently at all

Well, except those that understand that from personal relationships to empires and civilizations, greed pretty much destroys everything it comes into contact with and is the ultimate downfall of just about everything you can imagine.
So you wouldn’t take advantage of the situation?
Lies No GIF

Reactions: Birky
His scholarship should be paid for by his NIL.
Can dress unlimited players for home games, but 85 is the scholarship limit and the active squad limit. I believe you can only travel with a max of 70 players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT