ADVERTISEMENT

Dochterman says that once a couple QBs hit the Portal Iowa will be all over them (Brendan Sullivan visiting May 7)

I don't buy the comment about Lainez. If Lainez was worse than Deacon Hill, Hill would have been told that he was still ahead of Lainez. There is no way that Hill puts his name in the portal if he is the #2 QB behind McNamara going into the fall.
That is my thinking as well. Plus Whoever is #2 this fall, has the 1 up as being the starter next year. Not saying there will not be competition, but rather they have a slight lead as of this fall.

He isn't a rando
a dude from TOS posting isn't a rando? If you would have said Bock, Eickholt, or even Kaekert, I would believe you. For someone who actually went to the spring game, and knowing he is going to get all of the 1st team reps for the next month, I'll believe my own eyes.

There is no link. Most people on this board know Beth was pressured by Her to use the out that Barta set up.
I'm not saying it shouldn't have been done but she was pushed. She didn't just wake up one morning and say I think I'll fire Brian today.
LOL. Neither “Most people on this board” nor you know jack sh*t about how that came about. The speculation of BG being pressured by or doing the bidding of BW is nothing more than a narrative being pushed by Ferentz apologists from Day 1.

My interpretation...we have a #3, but not a @2.
This is what I'm getting from the "insiders" on tos. Basically keep lainez patient and hope foe progress. If he has to go we are going to be in really bad shape. Apparently arm strength is a major concern. D1 DBs watch him in slow motion.

LOL. Neither “Most people on this board” nor you know jack sh*t about how that came about. The speculation of BG being pressured by or doing the bidding of BW is nothing more than a narrative being pushed by Ferentz apologists from Day 1.
I'm not a Ferentz apologist. Show me a link that you know jack shit about what happened more that most people on this board.

I'm not a Ferentz apologist. Show me a link that you know jack shit about what happened more that most people on this board.
Nice try. ADs do coach hiring/firing. That’s the norm. When you make a claim that an AD is not making these decisions but being manipulated by someone else, the burden of proof is on you to show your work. So, until you can do that, you and others pushing the narrative should STFU.

Nice try. ADs do coach hiring/firing. That’s the norm. When you make a claim that an AD is not making these decisions but being manipulated by someone else, the burden of proof is on you to show your work. So, until you can do that, you and others pushing the narrative should STFU.
Yeah, didn't think you knew jack about how it went down.

Hopefully, Lester can right the ship and actually teach mechanics to the QBs.

Looks like Lester has been working on mechanics with the QBs based on some of the videos I have seen.

In this video, Chad & Scott discuss what's left in the portal, the lack of recruiting/development at Iowa & the fact that Joe Labas had a really good spring game.

kf has to feel awkward making the booty call

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Oh he was terrible. There's no argument there. It's just that QB's in this program where mobility hasn't always been a strength or utilized to any degree seldom run for much yardage. Even Beathard who was a very mobile guy when healthy in 2015 only had 237 total yards for the season. I think that's the high water mark since Banks who ran for over 400 in that magical 2005 season.
2002 season.......

This is what I'm getting from the "insiders" on tos. Basically keep lainez patient and hope foe progress. If he has to go we are going to be in really bad shape. Apparently arm strength is a major concern. D1 DBs watch him in slow motion.
This is so much BS, I can not even handle it anymore. FIRST off, every single QB we have had, what is the first thing everyone is enamored with????? "he has a cannon for an arm". How did that work out for us?? How many 25 yard plus passes are made in a game?? How many times have we thrown a hail mary?? This whole "he has a cannon for an arm so we should offer him or he should be the starter is so stupid. I say we need an accurate passer who is in time with the receivers. We need one who has pocket presence. Other then that we need one that can throw the ball 30 yards and do so without winding up like it is a hail mary throw.

Oh, Well that changes everything. You're so smart.
Lots of national narrative going on at the time and parameters were not being met.
Does not mean that Wilson did not suggest to Beth to make a move on the it.

Reactions: doughuddl2
I just read om OSU's Eleven Warriors site, that none of OSU's 4 and 5 star QBs (5 of them) entered the Portal and will be in the Fall camp. Many expected at least a couple of them to transfer. How is that possible? Only one can start.

Reactions: PNWHawk
You two need to read this discussion slower.

In the meantime, feel free to link the press conference in which BW said that firing BF was her call.

Don't feel bad. I've won this argument at least 15 times in a row now.
You're the one that turned my opinion that Wilson may have suggested to Beth to fire Brian into an argument by asking for a link. I posted there was no link. Now you provide no link to the press conference to prove your point.
Of course it was her call. But that's not to say she had not talked with Wilson about it.
I don't feel bad that you think you have won this argument if it makes you feel good.

Reactions: doughuddl2
You're the one that turned my opinion that Wilson may have suggested to Beth to fire Brian into an argument by asking for a link. I posted there was no link. Now you provide no link to the press conference to prove your point.
Of course it was her call. But that's not to say she had not talked with Wilson about it.
I don't feel bad that you think you have won this argument if it makes you feel good.
Nah, c'mon Beth and Barbara didn't meet to discuss it. And they didn't pull Kirk in. None of that stuff happened! And Gary really just up and retired on his own free will, cause there ain't no link saying otherwise. Like there is always complete transparency in stuff like this.

Good Lord, someone still posting that??? Petras took a medical retirement from Iowa and was not eligible to play AT Iowa again. o_O
Add to that Petras emerged as QB1 at Utah State ahead of the previous starter who played well against us. It may seem hard to wrap your arms around the fact that we had some quarterbacks pass through here who had some talent but never developed. Joe Labas may have something to say about that as well.

I just read om OSU's Eleven Warriors site, that none of OSU's 4 and 5 star QBs (5 of them) entered the Portal and will be in the Fall camp. Many expected at least a couple of them to transfer. How is that possible? Only one can start.
perks must be very pleasurable

Reactions: Torg
perks must be very pleasurable
With no incumbent starting QB at +O$U they think they're better than the next guy and they want to throw the ball to those receivers in that system. Going elsewhere would be seen as a step down in competition and status.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT