ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else find it somewhat disrespectful….

Yeah! And fat guys with flag poles and fire extinguishers entering the Capitol building is way worse than the hijacking of 4 planes, crashing them into the WTC, Pentagon and an attempt at the White House, killing thousands, collapsing two sky scrapers in our biggest city, crippling our economy indefinitely and sending us into to a 20 year war on the other side of the globe...because Trump.
If you weren't so blinded by your narrative you would see that there is much more to 1/6 than "fat guys with flag poles and fire extinguishers entering the Capitol building". But you won't because it destroys the premise you nonsense is built upon.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Yeah! And fat guys with flag poles and fire extinguishers entering the Capitol building is way worse than the hijacking of 4 planes, crashing them into the WTC, Pentagon and an attempt at the White House, killing thousands, collapsing two sky scrapers in our biggest city, crippling our economy indefinitely and sending us into to a 20 year war on the other side of the globe...because Trump.
In 5 years when you cast a vote for a Democrat, or a third party person and it's not counted so a Trump minion wins an election, we'll see if you say this. You're part of the problem, because you give BS talking points and cover for the perpetually stupid on this board. You know better but it's too much fun for you.

Crippling our economy indefinitely? C'mon. Be better. Ask yourself why we were in a 20 year war. Because profit.

Reactions: TheCainer
Good point. The events are even more similar than I thought. Let's hope these efforts to undermine our democracy only last 4 years or less and are defeated as thoroughly.
Of the 31 secretary of state races, 16 of them have a GOP candidate that has publicly stated that either there was election fraud and/or the election was stolen from them.

In 5 years when you cast a vote for a Democrat, or a third party person and it's not counted so a Trump minion wins an election, we'll see if you say this. You're part of the problem, because you give BS talking points and cover for the perpetually stupid on this board. You know better but it's too much fun for you.

Crippling our economy indefinitely? C'mon. Be better. Ask yourself why we were in a 20 year war. Because profit.
Jesus Christ. Get a grip.

9/11 destroyed our economy and thousands of families. It also brought about the Patriot Act, which has allowed our government the broadest powers to limit our civil liberties in history. You're sitting here downplaying 9/11, asking me to not downplay 1/6, for crissakes. Incredible. It really is.

Reactions: TylerJ76 and HawkPT
Someone should do a poll on who deserves the biggest victim boner. We could split it into several categories too I suppose.
Hillary Clinton’s?
She’s been victimized by Bill, Obama, Putin, Trump, and white women.

9/11 destroyed our economy and thousands of families. It also brought about the Patriot Act, which has allowed our government the broadest powers to limit our civil liberties in history. You're sitting here downplaying 9/11, asking me to not downplay 1/6, for crissakes. Incredible. It really is.
If Jan 6th spawns some Patriotic Act II bullshit so we can gear up an American Stasi, I may reconsider.

to the victims to compare Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to what happened in January 6th last year?

It seems a bit overblown to me and almost devalues the loss of life from those other two events.

I guess I’m insensitive, but I will say it.
Extremely

None of the three carried any risk to our democracy.
This is demonstrably false. And you know it.
The 1/6 conspirators literally have had their "plan" posted on the internet.

Neither Al Qaeda or Japan had anything of the sort.

to the victims to compare Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to what happened in January 6th last year?

It seems a bit overblown to me and almost devalues the loss of life from those other two events.

From what I read, Harris compares the days only in that they always will be remembered for what happened that day. Time will tell if true.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Another difference is the attacks on Pearl Harbor and 9/11 brought Americans together for a common cause. The January 6th attack is viewed by about 25% of our population as an act by Patriots. In that way 1-6-2021 was a more successful attempt at bringing an end to democracy as we know it. That 25 to 30 percent of the population is fully supportive of passing laws and changing voting rules in an effort to be able to overturn any election results that don't go their way.

None of the three carried any risk to our democracy.
JFC you are an idiot. I know you are fine if Trump is able to get enough his cult to actually steal the election in 24 because it's your side but the blueprint is there and they are working towards it.... with the joke electoral college it is VERY possible and loser traitors like you root it on.

No it wasn't like pearl harbor or 9/11....those had no chance of seizing control of the US govt. 1/6 was waaay worse because the perpetrators are supported by a vast majority of 1 corrupt party that is half of our govt. If they are successful in turning this into an autocracy in 24 then civil war is a real possibility and the death and destruction could make PH and 9/11 look like a stroll in the park.

Eat shit, ignorant traitor trash

So you're doing you. Ok. Downplaying 9-11?? And you complain about my reading ability. Go back to the first post of mine that you replied to. You are twisting this into something that it isn't what I meant and I'm not going to play. It was a simple statement and you clearly don't understand it.

Downplaying 9-11. SMH.

JFC - this is what I get for accepting a poster's take without reading the actual words. She didn't compare the events.

"Certain dates echo throughout history, including dates that instantly remind all who have lived through them where they were, and what they were doing, when our democracy came under assault," Harris said. "Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendars, but a place in our collective memory: December 7th, 1941, September 11th, 2001, and January 6th, 2021."

Reactions: RileyHawk

Destroyed our economy?!!! All I heard about was how great the Bush economy was before everything went down the toilet towards the end of his presidency. How did we give the rich a big tax cut and start 2 wars if our economy was "destroyed"? JFC you losers are so pathetic but you can't rewrite history

A few????
Did any of those "few" break windows to get into the Capitol? Did they bring a gallows to hang anyone? Were they carrying stun guns, bear spray, zip ties, etc to further their cause?

On the day after Trump's inauguration around 500,000 people protested in DC at Women's March. None of them attempted to break into the Capitol. They didn't bring weapons. They exercised their 1st amendment rights.
8d49e0f776e668e2d84b3f4c8044faed.JPG

JFC - this is what I get for accepting a poster's take without reading the actual words. She didn't compare the events.

"Certain dates echo throughout history, including dates that instantly remind all who have lived through them where they were, and what they were doing, when our democracy came under assault," Harris said. "Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendars, but a place in our collective memory: December 7th, 1941, September 11th, 2001, and January 6th, 2021."
Why don't you take a look around the board here, FFS? You have idiot after idiot not only saying they are comparable but that 1/6 was actually WORSE. Hell...you're in a thread now where people are claiming that dumb shit. Feel free to open your eyes.

??? How is it not a comparison? She is clearly trying to associate big moments in history, bad ones that is, by her words there.

Last edited:
??? How is not a comparison? She is clearly trying to associate big moments in history, bad ones that is, by her words there.
Do you believe our democracy came under assault on all three of those dates?

A comparison statement would be: January 6th was as bad as September 11th. Alternatively, January 6th was no where near as bad as December 7th. Listing it as one of the events that resonate throughout the citizens as a time when our democracy was attacked is not a comparison.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Why don't you take a look around the board here, FFS? You have idiot after idiot not only saying they are comparable but that 1/6 was actually WORSE. Hell...you're in a thread now where people are claiming that dumb shit. Feel free to open your eyes.
I understand that there are posters on this board with that belief. However, my post was in response to the original statement the VP Harris made a comparison. I accepted that as valid without doing the research on what she actually. That was my mistake.

What do you think the repercussions from 1/6 will be 20 years from now?

Do you believe our democracy came under assault on all three of those dates?

A comparison statement would be: January 6th was as bad as September 11th. Alternatively, January 6th was no where near as bad as December 7th. Listing it as one of the events that resonate throughout the citizens as a time when our democracy was attacked is not a comparison.
By any reasonable definition of the word "comparison", she compared those dates. That's it, that's all I am saying. You are free to think whatever you want about any or all of those dates...but she did compare them by her words.

Congress is like 90% old people. Zip ties and baseball bats can go a long way. Dismissing what happened on the 6th as no big deal is a serious problem.

Democrats lose because they suck at messaging. Biden should do what Trump did and blast the Dow, job numbers, and wage growth every single morning. If you listen to Republicans, you’d think we were in a recession.
Real output is negative and has been for a while. Prices are in a race with nominal output ... and right now, prices are winning.

This appears to be everywhere. Yesterday I got a letter from Social Security telling me that they were raising my monthly payment by 5.9% The same letter indicated that my monthly payment for Medicare is being raised by 14%, although this was not explicitly stated; I had to calculate the percentage myself.

That letter was composed by a bureaucrat ... most likely a deep state Democrat who is a first cousin to the Democrats who are telling you that we are experiencing a rocking and rolling, burst of economic growth.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Good point. The events are even more similar than I thought. Let's hope these efforts to undermine our democracy only last 4 years or less and are defeated as thoroughly.

If someone would just (Chinese-Style) Disappear DJT. My bet would be his minions would scatter for fear of being disappeared too .

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris

She didn't say it, but many here have. Carry on ;)

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

It's disgusting to speak of J6 in the same breath as Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

J6 should be spoken about as an event more like the Congressional Softball game shooting where Steve Scalise almost lost his life and many others were terrorized by a shooter.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
JFC you are an idiot. I know you are fine if Trump is able to get enough his cult to actually steal the election in 24 because it's your side but the blueprint is there and they are working towards it.... with the joke electoral college it is VERY possible and loser traitors like you root it on.

No it wasn't like pearl harbor or 9/11....those had no chance of seizing control of the US govt. 1/6 was waaay worse because the perpetrators are supported by a vast majority of 1 corrupt party that is half of our govt. If they are successful in turning this into an autocracy in 24 then civil war is a real possibility and the death and destruction could make PH and 9/11 look like a stroll in the park.

Eat shit, ignorant traitor trash
You are a sad little person.

And this is a lot of todays whys. How hum the President didn't peacefully transfer power for the 1st time in history and his party turned cult is still attacking our Institutions.

You have just summarized the reason this rift between right and left will never be resolved without divine intervention.

1/6 is a symptom of a movement within the GOP to throw out election results they don’t like. These people believe the election was stolen. Not because of evidence up but because of GOP lies. The GOP is using that anger to elect local officials to help them usurp democracy.

Don’t say you weren’t warned.
Wow! You do realize the Dems spent 4 years and millions of our dollars investigating election results they didn't like, which turned out to be a Russian Hoax they themselves created?

No. Just... FFS, no.

For our country, 9/11 and 12/7 were both like very bad car accidents that yielded multiple life threatening injuries that were repaired and mended pretty quickly. 1/6 is like a festering cancer that was finally diagnosed and the prognosis is not good. It will take long term treatment that has already been very painful and not yet produced remission. There is hope but we are not out of the woods yet.

For our country, 9/11 and 12/7 were both like very bad car accidents that yielded multiple life threatening injuries that were repaired and mended pretty quickly. 1/6 is like a festering cancer that was finally diagnosed and the prognosis is not good. It will take long term treatment that has already been very painful and not yet produced remission. There is hope but we are not out of the woods yet.
1/6 was more like a skinned knee, get up brush yourself off and keep moving probably no bandaid needed.

1/6 is a symptom, not the disease, and the deeper issue is a political problem, not a political party problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT