ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else find it somewhat disrespectful….

swagsurfer02

HR King
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
to the victims to compare Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to what happened in January 6th last year?

It seems a bit overblown to me and almost devalues the loss of life from those other two events.

I guess I’m insensitive, but I will say it.

to the victims to compare Pearl Harbor and 9/11 to what happened in January 6th last year?

It seems a bit overblown to me and almost devalues the loss of life from those other two events.

All 3 were attacks on our country. The loss of life was much larger on 9/11 and at Pearl Harbor, but January 6th was an attack from within inspired by the POTUS.

Don’t you know anytime you critique Jan 6th to any other event in human history you’re either a
1) snowflake
2) MAGA

99% of Americans find the events of January 6th to be unacceptable. The people who engaged in criminal activity are being held accountable.

But that isn't good enough for the Dems. And that's where they begin to lose people. Comparing the day to 9-11 or Pearl Harbor is totally absurd and reasonable Americans know that.

Once again the Dems somehow manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I’d say it’s analogous to the World Trade Center bombing. A poorly thought out plan that didn’t end up working, but one that would have been catastrophic if it had.

Don’t give them a second bite at the apple.

99% of Americans find the events of January 6th to be unacceptable. The people who engaged in criminal activity are being held accountable.

But that isn't good enough for the Dems. And that's where they begin to lose people. Comparing the day to 9-11 or Pearl Harbor is totally absurd and reasonable Americans know that.

I agree, after all it’s not like what happened on 1/6/21 was nearly as bad as a lie about a blow job.

It’s not good enough because higher ups started the insurrection. The people who manipulated the idiots should be held accountable.

I’d say it’s analogous to the World Trade Center bombing. A poorly thought out plan that didn’t end up working, but one that would have been catastrophic if it had.

More like the Oklahoma City bombing if we want to go with such things. Because it was initiated by an American citizen. Oklahoma City was more tragic but 1/6 was far more dangerous to our country. The effects remain so.

Reactions: HawkMD and h-hawk
All 3 were attacks on our country. The loss of life was much larger on 9/11 and at Pearl Harbor, but January 6th was an attack from within inspired by the POTUS

So, you don't think the POTUS had involvement in Pearl Harbor?

They didn't it wasn't planned for them to, Nancy let it go only as far as she planned it to.
alert-alerting.gif

Reactions: TheCainer

High explosives vs rednecks with ball bats

gee why did we get killed in November ? We mentioned trump and Jan 6 500 times a day. What more should you expect when you control Congress and White House for two years.

I actually agree with this.

It’s probably my own personal bubble, but the people I interact with both at work and in personal life, really don’t care about hearing about Jan. 6th. (Before somebody makes an assumption. I work in a labor union where 80-90% vote Democrat).

It’s not like people, 20 years later, are going to remember what they were doing on Jan 6th 2021. The affects of Pearl Harbor and 9/11 on the American Psyche compared to Jan 6th isn’t proportionate.

High explosives vs rednecks with ball bats

gee why did we get killed in November ? We mentioned trump and Jan 6 500 times a day. What more should you expect when you control Congress and White House for two years.
Congress is like 90% old people. Zip ties and baseball bats can go a long way. Dismissing what happened on the 6th as no big deal is a serious problem.

Democrats lose because they suck at messaging. Biden should do what Trump did and blast the Dow, job numbers, and wage growth every single morning. If you listen to Republicans, you’d think we were in a recession.

Congress is like 90% old people. Zip ties and baseball bats can go a long way. Dismissing what happened on the 6th as no big deal is a serious problem.

Democrats lose because they suck at messaging. Biden should do what Trump did and blast them Dow numbers, job numbers, and wage growth every single morning.

Biden's busy blasting his fiber every morning.

I actually agree with this.

It’s probably my own personal bubble, but the people I interact with both at work and in personal life, really don’t care about hearing about Jan. 6th. (Before somebody makes an assumption. I work in a labor union where 80-90% vote Democrat).

It’s not like people, 20 years later, are going to remember what they were doing on Jan 6th 2021. The affects of Pearl Harbor and 9/11 on the American Psyche compared to Jan 6th isn’t proportionate.

1/6 is a symptom of a movement within the GOP to throw out election results they don’t like. These people believe the election was stolen. Not because of evidence up but because of GOP lies. The GOP is using that anger to elect local officials to help them usurp democracy.

Don’t say you weren’t warned.

1/6 is a symptom of a movement within the GOP to throw out election results they don’t like. These people believe the election was stolen. Not because of evidence up but because of GOP lies. The GOP is using that anger to elect local officials to help them usurp democracy.

Don’t say you weren’t warned.

I remember when the dems didn't like the 2016 election results and we had to hear about Russian collusion for a few years.

Yep. Not even in the same league. Compared only for political gain. It's disgusting really.

Jan 6 was domestic terrorism, like so many other acts of domestic terrorism.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
All 3 were attacks on our country. The loss of life was much larger on 9/11 and at Pearl Harbor, but January 6th was an attack from within inspired by the POTUS

So, you don't think the POTUS had involvement in Pearl Harbor?

"The loss of life was much larger on 9/11 and at Pearl Harbor"

No sh!t.

January 6th deaths were all natural causes with the exception of one person being shot.

Democrats lose because they suck at messaging. Biden should do what Trump did and blast the Dow, job numbers, and wage growth every single morning. If you listen to Republicans, you’d think we were in a recession.
Some people did something but in the end nothing happened except a young woman was ambushed and executed.

I'm not on the Maga side but do you really think it would have been the members of congress taking up the fight? Last I checked it wasn't a member of congress that was fighting them off or that fired a shot. That being said it was a disgrace to America but all of your takes including the "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts" arguments are pretty weak. And no I'm not dismissing the event, I'm dismissing uneducated alarmist rhetoric.

99% of Americans find the events of January 6th to be unacceptable. The people who engaged in criminal activity are being held accountable

No, 99% of Americans don't find Jan 6th to be unacceptable. What % of Republicans were fine with the attack? Tucker Carlson had a special downplaying it. People like Matt Gaetz & MTG are calling for more humane treatment of the Jan 6th patriots. If a R politician speaks out they're kicked from the party or immediately backtrack(Ted Cruz).

Your party made a deal with unhinged, aggrieved, angry, poorly educated people to stay in power. I'm not sure who's worse - the true dumbass believers like Boebert/MTG or the ones like Cruz & Graham who absolutely know they're spewing bs bit decided selling their souls is more important than doing what's right for the country.

Reactions: HawkMD

Hard to compare really. Pearl Harbor was conducted by foreign enemies. 1/6 was conducted by traitorous terrorists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT