ADVERTISEMENT

Does Moss start against Minny?

OJ has been playing at a all- big ten level the majority of the season, they pulled The same crap with Hankins this year as well, coaches have a unhealthy crush on Moss

This.
Hankins got beat on good coverage and got his ass chewed. Moss got beat on good coverage and a handshake.
I'm good with both but amazing the different coachs reactions.

From what I can tell, Parker will pull a corner if he gets beat deep in cover 4. Our whole defense is predicated around making you earn it. Hankins got beat by Bell, OJ got beat by Cephus.

Reactions: HemiHawk
From what I can tell, Parker will pull a corner if he gets beat deep in cover 4. Our whole defense is predicated around making you earn it. Hankins got beat by Bell, OJ got beat by Cephus.
A lot of guys can beat by a good throw and catch. Seems like Phil looks the other way at times depending on situation and who is involved.

OJ has been playing at a all- big ten level the majority of the season, they pulled The same crap with Hankins this year as well, coaches have a unhealthy crush on Moss
I agree with this. It was odd that they pulled OJ and then Moss gets beat deep the very next play, I think Moss starts.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
I agree with this. It was odd that they pulled OJ and then Moss gets beat deep the very next play, I think Moss starts.
Moss is a very good athlete with a high upside. I'm just wondering if he might not make a better safety.

I didn't think OJ deserved to stay in, so I was happy he was benched.

It's just too bad our replacement also got it handed to him.

Reactions: OILCHECKER
This.
Hankins got beat on good coverage and got his ass chewed. Moss got beat on good coverage and a handshake.
I'm good with both but amazing the different coachs reactions.

Agreed. Still disappointed in no Brents. His injury must of really set him back.

It does seem like the coaches are eager to put Moss in any chance they get. Treated Shada the same way & he was probably the worst starting corner in the KF era.

Seems like a double standard. Miss a tackle or give up a long pass and taken out.
Not in position for the tackle (Doyle) or not fast enough to keep up its ok.
I'm never psyched about Moss going in and I am aware that OJ has played pretty darn good, but not yesterday.. there's no excuse for him to lose contain on that sweep they ran in for a TD. OJ just wasn't on his game.

I'm never psyched about Moss going in and I am aware that OJ has played pretty darn good, but not yesterday.. there's no excuse for him to lose contain on that sweep they ran in for a TD. OJ just wasn't on his game.
Ditto.
Still think Moss could be a NFL quality Tanner Miller type safety if he could get physical. Semi freak skill level.

Remember when Moss had the two interceptions last year at Minneapolis?
8A-dom-900x600.jpg

Ankeny native Riley Moss flashes back to his first start vs. Minnesota
Then a true freshman, Riley Moss was thrown into the fire for a Week 5 game at Minnesota. He grabbed two interceptions in his starting debut.
CHAD LEISTIKOW

Reactions: BronxHawkeye
Phil Parker, while pretty good at getting the defense to play at a high level, is a real piece of shit. He says some stuff that has no place being spoken to another person but he's got an authoritarian, militaristic style to him that I guess the players respond to. I wouldn't stand to be treated like that.
How'd your Cyclones do Nancy?

OJ was quoted in the DMR last week saying the plan was to stack the box to stop the run and make Coan beat them with his arm because they thought he was a good quarterback but not a great quarterback. I would imagine those comments made their way back to the Wisconsin football team. OJ was flagged for PI in the end zone, burned on the big play already mentioned, and got beat on a few other plays as well throughout the game (although he was throwing his hands up demonstrably towards his teammates like it was their fault on the coverage or something). First off, the plan to stack the box worked to the tune of Wisconsin rushing for 300 yards and I wonder if Big Game Phil pulled OJ because OJ was talking a big game in the week of but then beat in some critical spots. KF is so much like Bellichik in that u say nothing during the week to make its way to the other teams bulletin board - this may have had something to do with that coaching decision.

Hawk Central: Hawkeye defense will sell out to stop Taylor

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...jonathan-taylor-wisconsin-badgers/4166261002/

Phil Parker, while pretty good at getting the defense to play at a high level, is a real piece of shit. He says some stuff that has no place being spoken to another person but he's got an authoritarian, militaristic style to him that I guess the players respond to. I wouldn't stand to be treated like that.

Yeah he is a really shitty coach. What..20 plus defensive backs in the NFL?

“He did a fantastic job of developing me and all the other corners that came through,” Jackson said. “He’s a tough-minded coach. He’s going to push you each and every day. He’s never going to let you sit back and be complacent. That’s something that I took pride in, coming out every day and just trying to perfect my craft and be the best I could be.”

https://theathletic.com/480259/2018/08/20/iowa-phil-parker-secondary-success/

Every year there are a few players who get benefit of doubt that quite frankly should not.
Greg Castillo, Adam Shada come to mind rather quickly.
This is the same staff that sat Akrum Wadley for high stepping into the end zone. Smh

Herb Grigsby, Jake Christensen...

Anthony Gair didn’t start forever then when he did the defense was much better.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Yeah he is a really shitty coach. What..20 plus defensive backs in the NFL?

“He did a fantastic job of developing me and all the other corners that came through,” Jackson said. “He’s a tough-minded coach. He’s going to push you each and every day. He’s never going to let you sit back and be complacent. That’s something that I took pride in, coming out every day and just trying to perfect my craft and be the best I could be.”

https://theathletic.com/480259/2018/08/20/iowa-phil-parker-secondary-success/
I never said he was a shitty coach. He's just a tool aand a hot head. If it motivates the players then whatever, but it was detrimental against Wisconsin this weekend.

I think OJ has been our best CB this year. Everyone has a bad game. OJ should start

I think it was a bad game all around for OJ. He also blew the play against the Jet sweep where Wisky scored. The Safety Koerner(sp?) i think it was read it all the way, got blocked and OJ completely missed the read and the tackle.

Oh well. Mistakes happen all over the field. Onto the next game.

Did any of you complainers even consider that oJ may have injury?? He clearly wasn’t playing well. Was watching QB instead of WR and got beat.

O.J. went to the med tent and later went back to the locker room with med staff. I was at the game and saw this happen. Not sure if it was discussed during the broadcast or in interviews after the game. He definitely was not pulled due to performance.

Name me ONE bad comment about Parker from a former player of his.

I doubt that. Remember when Hankins got the rath of Phil on him, and got pulled. Everyone thought Moss might replace him the next week, but no, and Hankins played well. I'd bet you'll see #11 out there on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT