ADVERTISEMENT

Does Zach Edey have no pro potential?

I’m trying to figure out why a literal giant hasn’t moved on from college yet.

He's a bigger, slower Garza with no game outside of the lane. Athletic bigs in the NBA (which is everyone compared to Edey) will eat him alive.

I mean, if you want to compare guys of similar height, Big Vic will run circles around him. Even smaller, closer to traditional bigs like Embiid will too.

Reactions: Tenacious E
To the point, Edey at best is an end of the bench guy for a few years in the NBA. Too slow, and he’s never been able to achieve a high enough level of conditioning to be a real force.

Reactions: Tenacious E
He will have a successful career overseas, as some countries still love that big guy in the middle, but I can not see him making a contribution in the NBA.
He would have been great in the Bill Wennington era but the NBA has passed that style of play by

Some NBA team is gonna get a steal. The league has trended back to bigs (Jokic/Embiid), Eddy isn’t in that class but will be a skilled and effective big man.

Last edited:
YOU BEAT ME DAMNIT!

Season 2 Ugh GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha
Reactions: BlIIlken2
I have seen him in the first round on a few mocks. One I read today had him going like 11th or 12th to OKC. They would team him with Holgrem. OKC needs a big tough guy. He might be a good fit there.

I think of him as a larger Luka Garza without the outside shot. Garza offensively can definitely play in the NBA, but the problem is he gives up so many points to opposing mobile big men that he provides little to no positive value while on the floor.

He'd have to score a point a minute to provide positive value. I suspect Edey will be in a similar predicament. Guys like this can get away with it in college, but the NBA really is a different game entirely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT