ADVERTISEMENT

True life adventures (I'm at the ER)

So, status update. Had my brother and best friends show up too, which REALLY lifted my spirits.

Becoming pretty obvious, the diverticulitis is the doctors' clubhouse leader in the "Why I'm Here" sweepstakes. Bags of antibiotics I've never heard of before (can't remember off hand). They sure do like talking about it too.

Finally out of bed, thank you baby raptor jebus. Made it with ease.

I just wish I could eat something other than jello or chicken broth. I'm starvin' Marvin!

So, status update. Had my brother and best friends show up too, which REALLY lifted my spirits.

Becoming pretty obvious, the diverticulitis is the doctors' clubhouse leader in the "Why I'm Here" sweepstakes. Bags of antibiotics I've never heard of before (can't remember off hand). They sure do like talking about it too.

I just wish I could eat something other than jello or chicken broth. I'm starvin' Marvin!
Good thing you went in soon enough, know bacterial diverticulitis can do people in if they won't too long

Reactions: GOHOX69
anyone-have-any-diverticulitis-jokes-hope-this-passes-the-v0-pa13w21styeb1.jpg

Funny you posted this.

You can't bring in your own meds. I have a list that I spread out over the day. 2 a days, 1 a days, sleep, wakeup, etc. I've had years to figure out the batting order.

At 10AM, nurse comes in with a Dixie cup loaded up with my meds, roughly 8 doses. I ask "can you tell me what we got here?" She goes "we know what you regularly take" (and yes, they know per prescription data and insurance etc).

I look at her and say "so that means no". Blank state in return.

So, I have to pour them all in at once and chug a lug them down.

Round two I'd think should be coming soon...

Reactions: Tom Paris and Moral
Funny you posted this.

You can't bring in your own meds. I have a list that I spread out over the day. 2 a days, 1 a days, sleep, wakeup, etc. I've had years to figure out the batting order.

At 10AM, nurse comes in with a Dixie cup loaded up with my meds, roughly 8 doses. I ask "can you tell me what we got here?" She goes "we know what you regularly take" (and yes, they know per prescription data and insurance etc).

I look at her and say "so that means no". Blank state in return.

So, I have to pour them all in at once and chug a lug them down.

Round two I'd think should be coming soon...
Next time tell her you can’t swallow them
All down without a happy ending.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69

Probably ceftriaxone (Rocephin) or a quinolone plus/minus metronidazole. Or zosyn (piperacillin-tazobactam), which is a bit overkill.

Probably ceftriaxone (Rocephin) or a quinolone plus/minus metronidazole. Or zosyn (piperacillin-tazobactam), which is a bit overkill.

Overkill it is. Believe I'm on my 3rd bag now. Just about finished off a big ol' bag of fluids that she told me is the only one I'm getting.

Moving around now, no issues though a bit more sore from moving around more. Have gone from clear liquid only to pudding and blended soup for dinner to easy to chew solids beginning tomorrow.

All things considered, I feel better than at any time since this all started. Fever is gone, no spontaneous cramps/spasms. Surgery sore, but not sick and tired sore.

They seem surprised the food isn't bothering me any. I think they're also surprised I'm a fairly motivated, mobile, knowledge absorbing of this full experience person and not some
average ordinary soon to be "get off my lawn" 62 year old.

I want to get better. I want to get out of here, but healthy enough to do so safely. Tell me what I need to do to make that happen, and I'll make that happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT