ADVERTISEMENT

Dont worry about the kids as Kirk will make another $28 Million over the next 4 years

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I think all head coaches get paid too much but it is the going rate in college football. And the UI doesnt use tax dollars to pay Kirk. So let's not worry about Brian and his career or if he can land on his feet. Brian has made more money in 6 years as OC than probably 99% of people will in the US in their lifetimes.

These coaches and their families know they might be selling the house soon and looking for a job. They put in a lot of hours and have high stress but they get paid big bucks.

Kirk doesnt have to leave and maybe he wants to bring back his offense and finish his contract. We shall see. But if there isnt a message to open up the passing game it will still be hard to get much better passing QBs and WRs at Iowa

Last edited:
“Legacy” < Cash

Everything single day of the week. “Legacy” is a fake word invented by talking heads to fill columns and air time. The next several generations of the Kirk family tree don’t give two squirts about “Legacy”. It won’t buy you the lake house or the BMW.

Your title seems very different than your post, in tone.
What tone did my title have vs my post?

I am trying to say that kirk's whole family is taken care of bcuz some of posters talk about Brian hardly being able to get work. I am just trying to say dont worry about them. And kirk can still be the head coach and make a huge amount of money over the next 4 years. And his family can use that money to make money.

“Legacy” < Cash

Everything single day of the week. “Legacy” is a fake word invented by talking heads to fill columns and air time. The next several generations of the Kirk family tree don’t give two squirts about “Legacy”. It won’t buy you the lake house or the BMW.
I don't know if the Ferentzes agree with you or not, but I sure don't. My reputation and that of my family means a heck of a lot more to me than any bank balance or material possessions.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I don't know if the Ferentzes agree with you or not, but I sure don't. My reputation and that of my family means a heck of a lot more to me than any bank balance or material possessions.
Not talking about murdering people. Just a simple thing about coaching record.

Bet the farm his grandkids will enjoy the money a lot more than a lively discussion about 10-2 vs 8-4.

Reactions: uihawk82
Doesn't Kirk have 6 years left on his contract? A total of 42 million, unless I'm mistaken.

How in the hell is the family name sullied forever because Brian got let go??? Most of us fail at something big or small but keep on going and get better.

Kirk didnt do a great job in his first head coaching job but what he did was put into practice what he learned from every head coach he played and worked for.

Nobody talks about his first head coaching job.

Brian might actually flourish away from his dad if he gets the chance. I thought he was very good as OLine coach and Run Game coord at Iowa. I always thought Brian should have done what his old man did which was to leave the Iowa program under Fry and be a head coach at a smaller program, learn on the go as he brought along his teams, be the top recruiter, etc etc.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
How in the hell is the family name sullied forever because Brian got let go??? Most of us fail at something big or small but keep on going and get better.

Kirk didnt do a great job in his first head coaching job but what he did was put into practice what he learned from every head coach he played and worked for.

Nobody talks about his first head coaching job.

Brian might actually flourish away from his dad if he gets the chance. I thought he was very good as OLine coach and Run Game coord at Iowa. I always thought Brian should have done what his old man did which was to leave the Iowa program under Fry and be a head coach at a smaller program, learn on the go as he brought along his teams, be the top recruiter, etc etc.
I don't know why you got triggered so much. I was just giving a counterpoint to that dude's $ > legacy statement.

Not talking about murdering people. Just a simple thing about coaching record.

Bet the farm his grandkids will enjoy the money a lot more than a lively discussion about 10-2 vs 8-4.
And I would much rather know that everyone I worked with enjoyed working with me and that I had a long lasting positive effect on people I've encountered than have the latest Tesla.

I guess I still don't get your "Who cares; they're rich" attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT