ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Phil with a Mic drop on school closings, as the crazies at the View try to re-write history.

It's amazing how both sides are "re-writing this". First of all, hindsight is 20/20. Easy to say those things now after the storm has passed. That being said, Dr. Phil says schools were shut down for two years. Maybe he lived they were, but here they weren't even shut down for a full year.

It's amazing how both sides are "re-writing this". First of all, hindsight is 20/20. Easy to say those things now after the storm has passed. That being said, Dr. Phil says schools were shut down for two years. Maybe he lived they were, but here they weren't even shut down for a full year.
There is some truth to this.

I am willing to forgive most things from March 2020- August 2020 for how the schools handled things. The issue is we went and basically canceled the next school year based on data that showed there was almost zero threat to children. At that point we knew more of what we were dealing with and they still decided to make the worst choices they could.

Same goes for Tump imo. His presidency up until March of 2020 was very good imo, but he did a terrible job with COVID and the "vaccine". On top of that he won't admit where he made mistakes.

It's impossible to know, but I wonder what the mental health impacts of not doing anything to mitigate the spread of covid would have been?

At what point would we have seen similar mental health numbers as more people died or the pandemic stretched on?
Well, my kids school (private where i also work) didn't miss a day in the 2020-21 school year and there hasn't seemed to be any type of fallout from it. Everyone still alive. No hospitalizations and such. I know it's a small sampling but it's a real one.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Well, my kids school (private where i also work) didn't miss a day in the 2020-21 school year and there hasn't seemed to be any type of fallout from it. Everyone still alive. No hospitalizations and such. I know it's a small sampling but it's a real one.

Yeah, it's real in that I believe you when you say it happened. It doesn't do much to give any insight as to what the country would have been like with no mitigation efforts. You and your family still lived in a community that was, probably, still generally laying low like the rest of were at the time? That's going to have an effect on things.

Like i said, it's completely unknowable what would have happened with no shutdowns or stay at home suggestions.

absolutely incredible that anyone gives a single sh*t about what dr phil or anyone on the view says
Glad you showed up to add that you care about Dr. Phil and the View. I mean, why else would you post in a thread about them.

If I had to decide between The View or Dr Phil being correct I am going to pick Dr. Phil.

Joy Behar once laughably said if you shot a deer with an AR-15 that there would be nothing left of the deer. 90% of us have something bigger in our pants than an AR-15 bullet. It goes to show there is no investigation or studying going into their hot takes of the day. They are just a mouthpiece that spews what the uppers want spewed

Lastly it took my oldest kid almost a full year of K to get excited going to school and making friends. I'd hate to see how far behind he'd be socially if he didn't/couldn't attend school.

Reactions: TennNole17

Well if your "here" is Iowa, then you can thank Governor Reynolds for that.

As a whole, we let fear drive many of the decisions involving children instead of the facts.
Very true but we’re all speaking with the wisdom of 20/20 hindsight here.
Fear of harm to our children - or anyone’s children - still has the power to cause panic and group reactions. I have never watched The View and never plan to but I don’t watch Dr. Phil either so I am just guessing that both represent the feelings of a majority of Americans taken as a whole.
My concern is how do we apply lessons learned when the next event happens?

GIF by Giphy QA

There is some truth to this.

I am willing to forgive most things from March 2020- August 2020 for how the schools handled things. The issue is we went and basically canceled the next school year based on data that showed there was almost zero threat to children. At that point we knew more of what we were dealing with and they still decided to make the worst choices they could.

Same goes for Tump imo. His presidency up until March of 2020 was very good imo, but he did a terrible job with COVID and the "vaccine". On top of that he won't admit where he made mistakes.

Where was school canceled for the entirety of the 2020 to 2021 school year? Because public schools re-opened in August of 2020 here.

Yeah, it's real in that I believe you when you say it happened. It doesn't do much to give any insight as to what the country would have been like with no mitigation efforts. You and your family still lived in a community that was, probably, still generally laying low like the rest of were at the time? That's going to have an effect on things.

Like i said, it's completely unknowable what would have happened with no shutdowns or stay at home suggestions.
Unless you look at places that actually did that like Sweeden

FqdR-SNWwAI4jdy.jpg

I love that I got a laugh emoji by @BelemNole while he simultaneously believes kids needed to be forced to stay home with their abusers and molesters, as to not catch Covid, but incentivizing couples with kids to stay together is asking for abused wives to be even more abused. He's one of the few on here who can try something that stupid.
Another great thread YS! You're clever as ever! Let us know what's on Dr. Phil tomorrow.

Where do you live?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Belem: Incentivizing people with children to stay married is just asking for women to get abused by their husbands.

Also Belem: It's best we keep children home with their abusers for as long as possible. We don't want them catching a cold now do we?

Belem: Incentivizing people with children to stay married is just asking for women to get abused by their husbands.

Also Belem: It's best we keep children home with their abusers for as long as possible. We don't want them catching a cold now do we?
Did Kelly Clarkson tell you this?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Depends a lot on locale. Since they live in the NY/LA bubble, it makes sense they would say 2 years because teachers fought like crazy to not go back to the classrooms in NY/LA and it really did linger for about 2 years. For many, it disrupted 2 school years. So in any case, it's not exactly right or wrong to claim 2 years.

I don't think whoopi tried to rewrite anything, she came across like she was still willing to die on the hill of COVID lockdowns even though most now recognize how wrong that was. I don't think she changed her position at all though, at least from that clip, and I actually give her credit for sticking to her guns, even though I obviously disagree with her position.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Depends a lot on locale. Since they live in the NY/LA bubble, it makes sense they would say 2 years because teachers fought like crazy to not go back to the classrooms in NY/LA and it really did linger for about 2 years. For many, it disrupted 2 school years. So in any case, it's not exactly right or wrong to claim 2 years.

I don't think whoopi tried to rewrite anything, she came across like she was still willing to die on the hill of COVID lockdowns even though most now recognize how wrong that was. I don't think she changed her position at all though, at least from that clip, and I actually give her credit for sticking to her guns, even though I obviously disagree with her position.
If he said 'shut down' he's wrong any way you look at it.
Here in CA my kids schools were 'shut down' for 2-3 weeks while they sorted out on-line schooling.

Dr Phil looked like an idiot. My wife's school moved online from spring break 2020 until schools started in August 2020. They were online for around 8 or 9 weeks. And when they went back quite a few kids and teachers got Covid, some worse than others. But the dumbest thing was his deal about leaving the kids with their sexual abusers. What happens to them after school and on breaks and over the summer?

Having the Schools open would have changed nothing!
Covid was everywhere and the children were the safest group.

F@ck them teachers!

As a whole, we let fear drive many of the decisions involving children instead of the facts.

Well if your "here" is Iowa, then you can thank Governor Reynolds for that.
It’s like all these ****ing geniuses here forgot that it’s not the children that this protected, but their immuno-compromised grandparents. Like my mom who fought cancer during the height of the pandemic and who is now in remission and with a good prognosis. She had to be driven to and from the U of I Hospital via yours truly and my siblings. We were much safer for her without in-person school. So our family would like to thank all the non-assholes here and in our local health departments. My daughter is fine and even more so because of these extra years she has her grandmother in her life. Dr. Phil has always been a fraud. BAU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT