ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Biden resignation speech being circulated

SoProudNole

HB Legend
Jan 19, 2004
President Joe Biden has grown more receptive to calls to step aside, and a draft speech is reportedly circulating that lays out the key points he might make if he quit the race.

The Daily Beast reported that a “major West Coast donor” has drawn up bullet points for a “victory speech” that Biden could deliver to the party and nation if he decides to step aside, which Democratic leaders and donors have been publicly and privately urging him to do as questions about his age consume his candidacy.

"Its key points would have Biden say: The most important thing right now is to save the soul of America; our democracy is in danger; this election must be won; to succeed, we will need the confidence of the American people; I have believed — and still believe — I can do the job; but it has become clear that the majority of Americans want a younger person for the job — younger than either of the two candidates; therefore I have decided to step aside and let a next-generation candidate run for president on the Democratic ticket," The Daily Beast reported.

Link

President Joe Biden has grown more receptive to calls to step aside, and a draft speech is reportedly circulating that lays out the key points he might make if he quit the race.

The Daily Beast reported that a “major West Coast donor” has drawn up bullet points for a “victory speech” that Biden could deliver to the party and nation if he decides to step aside, which Democratic leaders and donors have been publicly and privately urging him to do as questions about his age consume his candidacy.

"Its key points would have Biden say: The most important thing right now is to save the soul of America; our democracy is in danger; this election must be won; to succeed, we will need the confidence of the American people; I have believed — and still believe — I can do the job; but it has become clear that the majority of Americans want a younger person for the job — younger than either of the two candidates; therefore I have decided to step aside and let a next-generation candidate run for president on the Democratic ticket," The Daily Beast reported.

Link
You don't "resign" from a race

We’re going to win this election, because we have no choice,” “If we lose this election, we’re not going to have a country left.
Yes, clearly neither side means it or wants to reconcile for the most part. See the comments making fun of Trump getting shot and lamenting that the shooter missed. There's no cooling certain temps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT