ADVERTISEMENT

Make or break Democratic meeting today for Joe

You aren’t wanting that because of the immoral, incoherent, incompetent, life-long politician whore that he is… If Trump couldn’t finish a complete thought, couldn’t find his way off an empty stage and couldn’t define what a woman is, then his supporters would also want him to drop out.
Bull. Shit. Trump told you how dumb you are and that you will never leave him. If Biden told me he didn’t care about me, like Bone Spurs, he wouldn’t have my vote.

Four years later, the situation has reversed. Biden is the one who should yield. Instead, he’s digging in.
On Monday, in a phone call to Morning Joe, Biden insisted, “All the data shows that the average Democrat out there who voted—14 million of them that voted for me—still want me to be the nominee.” Biden claimed that after the debate, he had gone around the country, talked with voters, and confirmed that “there wasn’t any slippage at all” in his support.

That’s not true. In several post-debate polls, the percentage of Democrats who say that Biden should still be the nominee, that he should not drop out, or that the party has a better chance with him than with an alternative nominee has fallen below 50 percent. In a Data for Progress poll, the percentage of Democratic likely voters who said Biden “should remain as the Democratic nominee” fell from 63 to 51. That 51 percent matches the share of Democratic registered voters who said in a post-debate Suffolk poll that the party should not replace Biden. In CNN’s latest survey, 56 percent of Democrats said the party has a better chance of winning if it replaces Biden.

On Morning Joe, Biden declared, “I am the best candidate to beat Donald Trump in 2024.” But the numbers don’t support that boast. In post-debate poll matchups against Trump, Vice President Kamala Harris does about as well as Biden does: 4 points better than Biden in a CNN poll, equally well in surveys by Yahoo News and Data for Progress, 1 point worse in a Reuters-Ipsos poll, and 2 points worse in a HarrisX poll.

None of this has chastened the president. On Monday, in a letter to congressional Democrats, he gloated that in this year’s primaries, “Only three people chose to challenge me. One fared so badly that he left the primaries to run as an independent. Another attacked me for being too old and was soundly defeated.” On Morning Joe, Biden taunted Democrats who questioned his fitness: “Any of these guys don’t think I should run, run against me. Go ahead, announce. Announce for president. Challenge me at the convention.”
Biden dismissed his doubters as “elites in the party.” That’s quite a turnabout from a man who got where he is through the acquiescence and support of party elites four years ago.

This is not the way to end an admired career. Biden needs to find within himself some of the humility and grace his opponents showed him in 2020. He has to recognize that his party, once again, must unite behind its strongest possible nominee. And he has to accept that this time, it isn’t him.
It’s really bad. He may be able to redeem himself with the press conference on Thursday. No teleprompters.

You aren’t wanting that because of the immoral, incoherent, incompetent, life-long politician whore that he is… If Trump couldn’t finish a complete thought, couldn’t find his way off an empty stage and couldn’t define what a woman is, then his supporters would also want him to drop out.
Trump the moron never has "thoughts ".

Reactions: FlickShagwell
You did not defend Trump by suggesting he didn’t say that? I thought you were all over that.

If you didn’t, I sincerely apologize. That was the time prior to me putting a lot of dumbass Ryan accounts on ignore, so I could easily be mistaken.
Not me. So two hard examples/quotes then please :)

Will he? I mean he's weak, and people like Putin and Hamas will and have been taking advantage of that.
Christ are you five? When you actually put capable people in place things will be fine. Trump has paraded a train of fools into the White House with many being criminals.
Logic should tell you where the concern should lie.

I am a Republican who will not vote for Trump. In 2016, I caucused for John Kasich. In 2020, because I didn't have an option to caucus for an alternative to Trump (the Iowa Republicans did not hold a vote at the caucus, or I would have voted for William Weld because he was the only alternative within the party at that point in time), I switched my registration and caucused for Amy Klobuchar. This year, I caucused for Haley because I thought it was important to have a president with a rational foreign policy perspective.

The whole "now what about Trump" argument that is playing out on this message board is the wrong argument. The real question is who the Democrats could put forward who will capture the votes of persuadable Republicans and independents. A barely functioning President, whose only virtues are that he is still alive and not named Donald Trump, doesn't cut it. It isn't democracy when the actual decisions and policies are being made by his unelected handlers. If Biden isn't with it enough to form meaningful opinions and participate in the process , it makes a mockery of democracy to elect him.

The thing that is most maddening in this whole conversation is that the opportunity is right here, right now. If Trump is an existential threat to democracy, replace an incoherent Biden and the figurehead of Harris with a moderate ticket. It is not a sound strategy to stick with Biden and hope that he can still read off a teleprompter in November.

Christ are you five? When you actually put capable people in place things will be fine. Trump has paraded a train of fools into the White House with many being criminals.
Logic should tell you where the concern should lie.
How has Kamala done as the border czar? How about mayor Pete in his role? Oh, he took months off during a supply chain crisis and forgot to tell anyone? Oops.. so much for putting competent leadership in place.

Even if they can win with Biden, we are past this being an election strategy.

He is not fit for 4 more years.
I respectfully disagree with many of my fellow team USA peeps here. That's what the VP is for if needed just like when FDR died not even a year into his last term. We cannot try and swap out a candidate at this stage it's utter lunacy and will ensure chaos reigns. If this was 1 year ago I'd be slightly on team replace before the primary. Biden is leading and still an effective President and will win if we stay together.

• Haha
Reactions: Roncuba55
I respectfully disagree with many of my fellow team USA peeps here. That's what the VP is for if needed just like when FDR died not even a year into his last term. We cannot try and swap out a candidate at this stage it's utter lunacy and will ensure chaos reigns. If this was 1 year ago I'd be slightly on team replace before the primary. Biden is leading and still an effective President and will win if we stay together.
The man goes to bed at 8 and needs naps beyond that to function. That is not acceptable in that job.

The man goes to bed at 8 and needs naps beyond that to function. That is not acceptable in that job.
His administration has performed quite well and that's what truly matters. We are a functional party so these discussions are good but time to rally to wipe the MAGA terrorists off the electoral map.

• Haha
Reactions: Roncuba55
I think one of the overlooked risks in keeping Biden around is aggressive behavior by other leaders on the world stage because they see America as being led by an incapable, weak, man. Even if his supporting cast is capable... we're more likely to be tested.

Maybe China is more likely to pull something, who knows.

His administration has performed quite well and that's what truly matters. We are a functional party so these discussions are good but time to rally to wipe the MAGA terrorists off the electoral map.
But that’s not democracy. I didn’t vote for Jill Biden to be making decisions.

But that’s not democracy. I didn’t vote for Jill Biden to be making decisions.
That's not happening and Democracy occurred via the primary. Rally around the platform everything is on the line. Dropping out now is chaos plus massive risks of ballots via lawsuits and the GOP will sue and do we trust the compromised scotus? Please.

If I were the dems... I would push for someone that exudes competence, strength, and vigor. (and, obviously, isn't ****ing 80)

Possibly someone that hasn't had much attention on the national stage yet. A fresh face might be just what the doctor ordered.

You don't want old (obviously) or soft right now.

Reactions: h-hawk
I think one of the overlooked risks in keeping Biden around is aggressive behavior by other leaders on the world stage because they see America as being led by an incapable, weak, man. Even if his supporting cast is capable... we're more likely to be tested.

on the flip side... Trump is more volatile, but probably easier to manipulate.

What would China do? and why?

Joe Manchin would win if he was the nominee. Democrats would hold their nose and vote for him and he would get swing votes and republican non-trumper votes that actually matter. He can't win as an independent but I believe he would be the next President if the Dems would nominate him. I realize it won't happen, but it's the path to victory.

US would not do anything about it, not going to start a war over Taiwan and China has little to gain in the world view by doing so
That assumes China is thinking rationally, and/or cares about the world's opinion.

If they ever think they can take Taiwan, and the price to do so isn't overly onerous, they might well just pull the trigger.

I am a Republican who will not vote for Trump. In 2016, I caucused for John Kasich. In 2020, because I didn't have an option to caucus for an alternative to Trump (the Iowa Republicans did not hold a vote at the caucus, or I would have voted for William Weld because he was the only alternative within the party at that point in time), I switched my registration and caucused for Amy Klobuchar. This year, I caucused for Haley because I thought it was important to have a president with a rational foreign policy perspective.

The whole "now what about Trump" argument that is playing out on this message board is the wrong argument. The real question is who the Democrats could put forward who will capture the votes of persuadable Republicans and independents. A barely functioning President, whose only virtues are that he is still alive and not named Donald Trump, doesn't cut it. It isn't democracy when the actual decisions and policies are being made by his unelected handlers. If Biden isn't with it enough to form meaningful opinions and participate in the process , it makes a mockery of democracy to elect him.

The thing that is most maddening in this whole conversation is that the opportunity is right here, right now. If Trump is an existential threat to democracy, replace an incoherent Biden and the figurehead of Harris with a moderate ticket. It is not a sound strategy to stick with Biden and hope that he can still read off a teleprompter in November.
Joe is not going anywhere, what part of his statement can't you understand?

Joe is not going anywhere, what part of his statement can't you understand?
I understand his statement. But there are plenty of examples of people making bold statements, only to have to walk them back later when they couldn't back up their words. If Democrat leadership in Congress was uniform in calling for Biden to step down, and if the donors stop donating money, he has no choice.

It isn't hard to imagine the circumstances that would lead to Biden having to walk back his comments and withdraw from this contest. For example, let's say that the Thursday "big boy" press conference is a debacle. Let's say that he tries to prove that he can talk without a teleprompter, as Sanders suggested, and he scrambles his words and makes no sense. Or let's say that he is incoherent at Nato because it is past his bedtime, and a foreign leader decides to give an honest assessment. Every time that he is in front of a microphone, it is now a referendum on whether he meets the low bar of lucidity.

I understand his statement. But there are plenty of examples of people making bold statements, only to have to walk them back later when they couldn't back up their words. If Democrat leadership in Congress was uniform in calling for Biden to step down, and if the donors stop donating money, he has no choice.

It isn't hard to imagine the circumstances that would lead to Biden having to walk back his comments and withdraw from this contest. For example, let's say that the Thursday "big boy" press conference is a debacle. Let's say that he tries to prove that he can talk without a teleprompter, as Sanders suggested, and he scrambles his words and makes no sense. Or let's say that he is incoherent at Nato because it is past his bedtime, and a foreign leader decides to give an honest assessment. Every time that he is in front of a microphone, it is now a referendum on whether he meets the low bar of lucidity.
The voters have already spoken via the primaries, Delegates have been pledged to Biden. Lawsuits would be filed if those Delegates do not support Joe. Furthermore, it is less than 5 months until the election there is no window of opportunity to get anyone other than Joe into the race. Joe already has enough cash on hand to finish the campaign without a single additional dollar being donated.

Like it or not Joe is going to be on the ballot in November as the Dems candidate.

There are so many great companies out there with worthless, incompetent CEOs who have Parkinson’s…so no concerns from Chis with the govt operating this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT