ADVERTISEMENT

Dreshaun Ross

Reymundo

HR All-State
Oct 22, 2002
Looks like Dreshaun Ross dislocated his right shoulder in his semifinal match in Des Moines. Was leading 13-4 when he got hurt going for a TD. Didn’t look like the shoulder had much stress on it so maybe it was already injured. Even though he continued after injury timeout, he got turned easily with an arm bar on that shoulder and got pinned.

Looks like Dreshaun Ross dislocated his right shoulder in his semifinal match in Des Moines. Was leading 13-4 when he got hurt going for a TD. Didn’t look like the shoulder had much stress on it so maybe it was already injured. Even though he continued after injury timeout, he got turned easily with an arm bar on that shoulder and got pinned.
What event?

I'm thinking Sebolt should have pulled him.

Any of Sebolts guys panning out in college or are they already beat to crap and damaged goods when they get to college.??

• Haha
Reactions: BGon4ND
add Schriever, Jace Rhodes, Bradley Hill, probably others. The point is our team success is in large part tied to these guys so we should hope most of them do show out in college.

There hasn't been much D1 success from any club in Iowa. People are forgetting how much Iowa highschool wrestling had fallen off. Sebolt at least has kids that are considered D1 level and Drake is really the first high end blue chip to come out of there. It shouldn't be shocking that mid and low tier recruits have not been AAs.

There hasn't been much D1 success from any club in Iowa. People are forgetting how much Iowa highschool wrestling had fallen off. Sebolt at least has kids that are considered D1 level and Drake is really the first high end blue chip to come out of there. It shouldn't be shocking that mid and low tier recruits have not been AAs.
It kind of sucks that probably 2 out of the 3 best Iowa High School wrestlers in the past several years will likely never focus on college wrestling in College.

Thank you. Hopefully when Drake AA’s this narrative about Sebolt burning out and injuring his wrestlers will stop. It’s beyond ridiculous and annoying.

Reactions: BGon4ND
Focusing on one sport year round from 3rd grade thru high school is what causes burnout and higher injury rates imo. Encourage your kids to be multi sport atheletes until high school, then focus on only their favorites or their strengths. That prevents burnout and helps with injuries.

Last edited:
Thank you. Hopefully when Drake AA’s this narrative about Sebolt burning out and injuring his wrestlers will stop. It’s beyond ridiculous and annoying.
i hope ayala AAs this year - and i think he will

but hasn't he been injured or redshirting/recovering from injury for most of his time in iowa city? doubt he's going to be the one put that narrative to bed

Reactions: el dub and js8793

but hasn't he been injured or redshirting/recovering from injury for most of his time in iowa city? doubt he's going to be the one put that narrative to bed
He pretty clearly hurt his shoulder or something in that area his true freshman year after he was pressed into service as the starter when Lee had surgery on his knees. My understanding is he had surgery on that injury shortly after nationals in 2022. He wrestled something like 17 matches last year unattached including the soldier salute where he looked healthy and got schooled by Spencer. Since then there have been whispers of injury but nothing confirmed and Tom has indicated the he is healthy and the team promotion for 2023-2024 has used him in promotional materials which makes me think the plan is to have him wrestle. So I think he has been injured at times but honestly no more than almost every Iowa wrestler.

Reactions: HawkFan1986

So if a wrestler comes to school healthy, is forced into action probably sooner than he expected, and then injures his shoulder early into his season it’s Sebolt’s fault because his club causes injury. That requires a drastic leap in logic that I’m not willing to make.

Wrestling is a physical sport. Injuries happen and Iowa has more than its fair share, I don’t think you can look at a few Sebolt wrestlers notice they were injured and immediately jump to the conclusion that it’s because of the club he wrestled for when he was in high school.

Seems silly doesn’t it? Whoever began pushing this narrative that a Sebolt wrestler is more prone to injury than any other wrestler is just wrong.

We're also claiming Gabe as Sebolt.

As far as year round or 1 sport athletes being bad... of all the 2023 ncaa championship, I'm guessing Parris was the only multi sport athlete in high school.

I think both Sebolt and Ubassa believe Cory Clark was their guy.
Cory went and did some training camps/clinics in Centerville with Scott, but he wasn't a Sebolt guy.
Scott was able to put guys through hard core training, but he was never much of technician.
Pablo is who I would give credit for being Cory's club coach.

We're also claiming Gabe as Sebolt.

As far as year round or 1 sport athletes being bad... of all the 2023 ncaa championship, I'm guessing Parris was the only multi sport athlete in high school.
If we are counting the loser in the finals then Sloan was also a standout football player. Not sure about the rest.

Cory went and did some training camps/clinics in Centerville with Scott, but he wasn't a Sebolt guy.
Scott was able to put guys through hard core training, but he was never much of technician.
Pablo is who I would give credit for being Cory's club coach.
Scott is also one of the biggest pricks I've ever had the displeasure of calling "Coach"

Seriously, f*ck that guy.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum and T8KUDWN
In fairness, his first real D1 guy is Cullan S.
That's what I was thinking. The jury is definitely still out on the club, but it definitely seems that the club is producing consistent high level results at the cadet and junior levels. And typically, that will translate to success at the D1 level.

T&T need to mend the fence with BA. his wrestling club is doing awesome things

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT