ADVERTISEMENT

drive your tractor to school day

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
my nephew of north Iowa HS having today 😂

tractortoschoolday-1.jpg

I fell ass-backwards into generational wealth day.

If some .com kid drove his dad’s Lamborghini to school and revved the engine in the parking lot to get attention I would guess the reaction would be different. But it shouldn’t.

sorry “hero’s” and ANF

Lots of our seniors do this on their last day of high school. I live in southwestern PA. More backward-ass country f---s here than in Iowa.

In the Soviet Union, every high school kid had to know how to fire, disassemble reassemble and clean the clash of the cough, every high school girl had to know how to drive a tractor or military transport, and every boy had to learn how to drive a tank. They would have competitions. I had many friends tell me about this stuff when I lived in the former Soviet union back in the 90s. They were afraid of a capitalist invasion from the west. Or at least told to be. But I heard Russians being called “locusts” regularly by people in the Baltic states and from other republics and formerly independent countries which the Russians invaded and tried to assimilate and/or destroy, like the Ukrainians during the Holodomor (when Stalin forced collectivization of the farms in Ukraine and stole all of Ukrainians food stores, leading to the death by starvation of more than 10 million Ukrainians in the 1930s) or like today.

In the Soviet Union, every high school kid had to know how to fire, disassemble reassemble and clean the clash of the cough, every high school girl had to know how to drive a tractor or military transport, and every boy had to learn how to drive a tank. They would have competitions. I had many friends tell me about this stuff when I lived in the former Soviet union back in the 90s. They were afraid of a capitalist invasion from the west. Or at least told to be. But I heard Russians being called “locusts” regularly by people in the Baltic states and from other republics and formerly independent countries which the Russians invaded and tried to assimilate and/or destroy, like the Ukrainians during the Holodomor (when Stalin forced collectivization of the farms in Ukraine and stole all of Ukrainians food stores, leading to the death by starvation of more than 10 million Ukrainians in the 1930s) or like today.

Clash of the cough. Nice.

Reactions: ferentzin04

In my HS, every day was "Drive your beat up '60s muscle car to school day".

I fell ass-backwards into generational wealth day.

If some .com kid drove his dad’s Lamborghini to school and revved the engine in the parking lot to get attention I would guess the reaction would be different. But it shouldn’t.

sorry “hero’s” and ANF

Will not all of us are bad.

The right two are driving tractors with more than most people's houses and the fourth and fifth tractors are up there too. The other ones are pretty reasonable to let some dumb teenager drive to school.

Fire, disassemble, assemble, and clean what?

I took our John Deere B to my neighbors house to play basketball. All of about 3 miles. I thought my dad was going to lose his mind.

School was 12 miles away. I would have had to get up wayyy earlier. We only had 3 tractors. If my brother and I both took one to school, my dad would have been SOL if he actually needed them to make a living.

Plus, I was a B+ student and a good athlete. I didnt advertise the fact that I smelled like cowshit at the end of every day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT