ADVERTISEMENT

Dumbfvcks blocked golden gate bridge too?

We already know you hate the US and constitution. But, we literally have an amendment to prevent that.

But again you being so well read would be aware of the 8th

Yes, quite aware of the 8th. In fact I commented on it the other day.

I just find it weird anyone acts like restricting the freedom of others to travel is some god given right. Where do they imagine they have the right to erect barriers and imprison anyone else and not be met with violence?
I think we found our charge!

False Imprisonment
1. A person commits false imprisonment when they engage in the act of restraint on another person which confines that person in a restricted area. False imprisonment is an act punishable under criminal law as well as under tort law.

traffic impact GIF

The cars are still stuck on the bridge this morning?
Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

So just to clarify for the room, this is you.

On your way to work, airport, hospital, date night with the wife (babysitters are per hour, btw) and you roll up on a protest that is blocking the way to your destination with no way to back up and turn around, you're just parked. Indefinitely.

At what point during this scenario do you switch from, "This is cool. I support their right to protest. I'm good right here in this car for however long it takes." to "These M#)%$ F#$#ers! I'm going to kill someone if they don't get the #$#%%^ out my way!!!"?

A. Never
B. 30 min
C. 1 hr
D. 2hrs+

It's crazy how crazy people act when they can't get some where quickly
Yeah, stealing 4 hours from hundreds of people's lives is just not getting somewhere quickly. When this happened in Pensacola a few years ago, someone was trying to get across the bridge to a hospital. There are all kinds of issues with this other than getting somewhere quickly. People lost money by not getting to work. People missed appointments that might not be easy to reschedule. People missed flights, and all that goes along with that. People missed all manner of life experiences that might not be able to be replaced.

Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

So just to clarify for the room, this is you.

On your way to work, airport, hospital, date night with the wife (babysitters are per hour, btw) and you roll up on a protest that is blocking the way to your destination with no way to back up and turn around, you're just parked. Indefinitely.

At what point during this scenario do you switch from, "This is cool. I support their right to protest. I'm good right here in this car for however long it takes." to "These M#)%$ F#$#ers! I'm going to kill someone if they don't get the #$#%%^ out my way!!!"?

A. Never
B. 30 min
C. 1 hr
D. 2hrs+
No doubt I would be frustrated, but a lot of people take their reactions too far. Inconveniencing me is not worth jail time for them.

If the point of the protest is to raise awareness of the issue, this seems like a pretty effective way.

Reactions: Ree4
Yeah, stealing 4 hours from hundreds of people's lives is just not getting somewhere quickly. When this happened in Pensacola a few years ago, someone was trying to get across the bridge to a hospital. There are all kinds of issues with this other than getting somewhere quickly. People lost money by not getting to work. People missed appointments that might not be easy to reschedule. People missed flights, and all that goes along with that. People missed all manner of life experiences that might not be able to be replaced.
I'll agree that someone not making it to a hospital quickly is a big problem, but I don't know how often that happens. Your other points, especially bolded lol, don't cross the threshold of being a big deal.

No doubt I would be frustrated, but a lot of people take their reactions too far. Inconveniencing me is not worth jail time for them.

If the point of the protest is to raise awareness of the issue, this seems like a pretty effective way.

Everyone on the phucking planet is already aware of the issue,.. Blocking traffic like this is a assinine way to try to bring people over to your cause...

Ah, just an inconvenience. I'd love to test that out with some real life examples.

Let's see. What if you got a call from a nursing home or hospital that your mother was dying, and you should come right away? Let's say you got to the hospital 4 1/2 hours later, just to be told your mother passed away 30 minutes ago, and she was asking for you right up until the last moment?

Reactions: Chuck C
I'll agree that someone not making it to a hospital quickly is a big problem, but I don't know how often that happens. Your other points, especially bolded lol, don't cross the threshold of being a big deal.
Why do you think anyone has the right to impede someone else?
For how long?

Don't feed the troll.

Yeah, not a big deal for an incel, but most people are on that bridge trying to get somewhere for a reason. Somewhere between 40% and 60% of people live paycheck to paycheck. I'm sure missing 4 hours of work means nothing to them.

You are as selfish as the protestors.

• Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
Yeah, not a big deal for an incel, but most people are on that bridge trying to get somewhere for a reason. Somewhere between 40% and 60% of people live paycheck to paycheck. I'm sure missing 4 hours of work means nothing to them.

You are as selfish as the protestors.
You really make this into a dire situation. It's an inconvenience.

Just for the sake of argument (that's what we do here), where do you draw the line at "inconveniencing"? Or do you?

What about these scenarios...ranging from the seemingly trivial to the more serious?
  • Vacation: You miss your flight for a once-in-a-lifetime European vacation?
  • Loved One's Passing: Being unable to reach a hospital or hospice in time to be with a loved one in their final moments, causing immense emotional distress.
  • Medical Emergencies: Prevention of an ambulance from reaching critical medical emergencies, leading to worsened conditions or fatalities.
  • Fire Incidents: Delaying firefighters' response to fires, allowing the fire to escalate and endanger lives.
  • Violent Crimes: Law enforcement's inability to navigate a-hole protesters could delay responses to violent crimes, leaving victims vulnerable and perpetrators unchecked.

Just for the sake of argument (that's what we do here), where do you draw the line at "inconveniencing"? Or do you?

What about these scenarios...ranging from the seemingly trivial to the more serious?
  • Vacation: You miss your flight for a once-in-a-lifetime European vacation?
  • Loved One's Passing: Being unable to reach a hospital or hospice in time to be with a loved one in their final moments, causing immense emotional distress.
  • Medical Emergencies: Prevention of an ambulance from reaching critical medical emergencies, leading to worsened conditions or fatalities.
  • Fire Incidents: Delaying firefighters' response to fires, allowing the fire to escalate and endanger lives.
  • Violent Crimes: Law enforcement's inability to navigate a-hole protesters could delay responses to violent crimes, leaving victims vulnerable and perpetrators unchecked.
I suppose you could sue the protesters for damages if you miss your vacation.

Otherwise unless you're in the ambulance stuck in traffic, emergency services can avoid a traffic problem like they do every day in rush hour around the county.

It's an inconvenience.
You know this for 100% certainty? Let's say that it's an inconvenience for 99% of the people, but ONE person was on they way to a hospital with chest pains and subsequently dies. Is this no big deal? What is your threshold?

IMO there is ZERO excuse EVER for protestors to block a roadway. Arrest them all and set a precedence. Kneeling at a football game twists up the uber conservatives, but neither hurts nor inconveniences anyone. There are other ways to bring awareness to a cause.

Otherwise unless you're in the ambulance stuck in traffic, emergency services can avoid a traffic problem like they do every day in rush hour around the county.
I've never wished Karma on someone before, but I sincerely hope when you're trying to get somewhere extremely important, even if it's just for work you get involuntarily parked for 4+ hours during a protest. When that happens, I hope you'll return to this thread and give us live updates on how it's no big deal, you've just been "inconvenienced". We'll want hand pics in front of a huge, cheerful smile.
You just said, "I don't know how often it happens". So, why risk it?

so does each vehicle get a paper handed to them that has a list of all the participants in the protest so they know who they could sue?

Protesters could also avoid situations like this. They could not f with everyone’s life and they might be able to get people to believe their side if they do it correctly.

You know this for 100% certainty? Let's say that it's an inconvenience for 99% of the people, but ONE person was on they way to a hospital with chest pains and subsequently dies. Is this no big deal? What is your threshold?

IMO there is ZERO excuse EVER for protestors to block a roadway. Arrest them all and set a precedence. Kneeling at a football game twists up the uber conservatives, but neither hurts nor inconveniences anyone. There are other ways to bring awareness to a cause.

I've never wished Karma on someone before, but I sincerely hope when you're trying to get somewhere extremely important, even if it's just for work you get involuntarily parked for 4+ hours during a protest. When that happens, I hope you'll return to this thread and give us live updates on how it's no big deal, you've just been "inconvenienced". We'll want hand pics in front of a huge, cheerful smile.

You just said, "I don't know how often it happens". So, why risk it?
I'm agreeing with you that in the situation I would be pissed, but I can sit here now and rationally say that I don't think blocking a road is worth jail time. If someone dies because they have a medical emergency, that might be a different story, but it seems unlikely things time out that perfectly to have a heart attack victim stuck.

so does each vehicle get a paper handed to them that has a list of all the participants in the protest so they know who they could sue?

Protesters could also avoid situations like this. They could not f with everyone’s life and they might be able to get people to believe their side if they do it correctly.
It's just funny everyone acts like they own the road they're on and are entitled to how they can travel on it. It's a public road

You realize that every single point you make trying to counter a point can be shot down quickly. So it's an inconvenience to you. Congratulations for your extreme patience. That's sincere. But it's not just an inconvenience to most people. You clearly want to have empathy with the protestors. Why do you not have the same empathy for all the people who it's not just an inconvenience for? Most have no idea why the people are protesting.

It's laughable to think people should simply just sue the protestors. Have you ever sued someone? IF so, did you win? If you won, did you actually collect?

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
I'm agreeing with you that in the situation I would be pissed, but I can sit here now and rationally say that I don't think blocking a road is worth jail time. If someone dies because they have a medical emergency, that might be a different story, but it seems unlikely things time out that perfectly to have a heart attack victim stuck.
It's called preventative action...the same thing we're trying to do with gun, seatbelt, etc. laws. Prevent something. MOST people--a significant majority even--will never purchase a gun to harm someone. But what if? Why risk it.

Most people will only be inconvenienced in a protest situation; however, is ONE life worth the risk? For me, the answer is a hard no. Do not block roadways. Period. If you do, you face a very steep fine, a few days in jail, whatever is appropriate. We can live in the whataboutism world all day, but at the end of it law and order should win out.

What is our awareness of shit happening 5,000 miles away, that we can do nothing about, doing for these ass holes blocking traffic?

On a public road you have to wait on others all the time.
This is a disengenuous non-answer.

Impede means to delay by obstruction. This isn’t waiting your turn at the four way stop sign.

How long can I impede your ability to travel before I’m violating your rights?

• Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole
BTW, isn't this something Hells Angels should be saving us from? I mean, if motorcycles can get right up there to the front lines and start throwing a few protesters over the sides of the bridge, I'd buy a bumper sticker from them.

Reactions: Rifler
It's just funny everyone acts like they own the road they're on and are entitled to how they can travel on it. It's a public road
Well, heck. If that's the case, let me go get my food truck and set up shop in the middle of the intersection. I can say I'm protesting under-payment of restaurant owners. I think those people who are selling $1 water bottles at the corner for their kids' soccer tourney should move their little entrepreneurship to the middle of the street.

Homeless people and panhandlers? Get 'em off the corners and out into these public roads we don't own.

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT