ADVERTISEMENT

"Eff it, we'll do it live!" Caitlin Clark Can't Shoot a Midrange Thread

Feb 25, 2008
"BUT CAITLIN DOESN'T HAVE A MIDRANGE GAME THO!!!!"................

0:19
0:50
2:13
3:37
4:22
5:35
5:41
6:13
6:42
7:12
7:48
7:53
9:16

Please stop.

P.S. after watching these highlights, at least one of 3 things is infallibly true right now regarding her shooting:
- Caitlin is playing on tired legs
- She is overthinking/letting coaching get in her head
- the WNBA ball is trash
Like I said in the mega thread, I'll continue to post this until the misinformation ceases.

They say education matters. I say only if you live long enough for it to stick. :)

200w.gif

Also, I know there was another thread about Caitlin needing to develop a midrange jumper, but I've given up trying to find it. That's why I made a separate thread.

Deal with it. :D

Reactions: BGHAWK
1. The ball........lol, JFC, LMAO

2. Your reasoning may be true (other than the ball, SMH), but the fact remains that at this point in her pro career CC has not displayed much of a midrange game. Thus, if a coach being in her head takes away from her midrange game, and a coach is currently in her head, then she currently doesn't have a midrange game.

3. Almost all of the highlights that showed CC's midrange game were of plays in which she was able to get a running start that ended up putting her defender on her heels so that CC could step back and shoot the midrange. These opportunities haven't been there in the pros, as CC has been getting picked up earlier and by more athletic defenders.

Perhaps the best example of a classic midrange play from CC was at the 9:16 highlight, in which she was able to create some space with her shoulder/forearm and rise straight up into her jumper. Players with a classic midrange game are able to get to it at will because they have the body that allows them to create space with their hips and/or shoulders and rise up over the defender. These opportunities may become a bit more available for CC in the pros as she puts on more muscle and as she and her coaches become more comfortable with creating and exploiting these spots. But a classic midrange game is something that's probably never going to be a big part of CC's game in the pros.

It's entirely possible for CC to have had a midrange game in college that doesn't translate to the pros. Look at all the NBA players that were able to do everything in college but not in the pros.

4. Why is this something you care about? Why are you triggered by it? Your post in defense of CC's midrange game is not necessary.

CC is a fabulous player, period. Shaq was a very poor free throw shooter. Does anybody care about that now?

5. The ball.........OMFG🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2. Your reasoning may be true (other than the ball, SMH), but the fact remains that at this point in her pro career CC has not displayed much of a midrange game. Thus, if a coach being in her head takes away from her midrange game, and a coach is currently in her head, then she currently doesn't have a midrange game.

3. Almost all of the highlights that showed CC's midrange game were of plays in which she was able to get a running start that ended up putting her defender on her heels so that CC could step back and shoot the midrange. These opportunities haven't been there in the pros, as CC has been getting picked up earlier and by more athletic defenders.

Perhaps the best example of a classic midrange play from CC was at the 9:16 highlight, in which she was able to create some space with her shoulder/forearm and rise straight up into her jumper. Players with a classic midrange game are able to get to it at will because they have the body that allows them to create space with their hips and/or shoulders and rise up over the defender. These opportunities may become a bit more available for CC in the pros as she puts on more muscle and as she and her coaches become more comfortable with creating and exploiting these spots. But a classic midrange game is something that's probably never going to be a big part of CC's game in the pros.

It's entirely possible for CC to have had a midrange game in college that doesn't translate to the pros. Look at all the NBA players that were able to do everything in college but not in the pros.

4. Why is this something you care about? Why are you triggered by it? Your post in defense of CC's midrange game is not necessary.

CC is a fabulous player, period. Shaq was a very poor free throw shooter. Does anybody care about that now?

Ahh, good. I see my efforts to get in your head were a success.

Time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
Ahh, good. I see my efforts to get in your head were a success.

Time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. :cool:
In my head? Nah, there just happened to be an easy rebuttal to your post and I happened to be the one to post it.

If you're starting threads for the purpose of getting into my head, I would tell you to get a life.

But somehow I'm guessing that you actually do have a life. And more likely, you just didn't have any real content to post in response to mine

In my head? Nah, there just happened to be an easy rebuttal to your post and I happened to be one to post it.
If someone else wanted to rebuttal, they would have. You're not as informed compared to others on here as you present yourself.

eyesofhawk: "I would neve-"

Ask around and find out:
kenan-thompson-surprised.gif

If you're starting threads for the purpose of getting into my head, I would tell you to get a life.
You’re the one that went out of your way to snarkily disagree with my post, based on our previous interactions...............
But somehow I'm guessing that you actually do have a life. (Well, that's a first.......) And more likely, you just didn't have any real content to post in response to mine
Oh sure I do. But stringing you along has been more entertaining...........😁

You can remove the word “ball” from that statement. I watch CC…that is IT!
I gotta tell you, though, it's a little frustrating trying to look up comments or articles of people talking about how the women's ball sucks, because everything I type into google searches keeps getting misinterpreted, and it's just pages upon pages of why WNBA basketball sucks................

If someone else wanted to rebuttal, they would have. You're not as informed compared to others on here as you present yourself.

eyesofhawk: "I would neve-"

Ask around and find out:
kenan-thompson-surprised.gif

You’re the one that went out of your way to snarkily disagree with my post, based on our previous interactions...............

Oh sure I do. But stringing you along has been more entertaining...........😁
Also, you can critique anything else I have to say, but I won't stand for such aspersions on this topic.

The WNBA ball is trash.

6dccc09c-274c-49ba-9bc9-0c785a53acc2_text.gif
You're right, I'm not what I present. I'm actually much more knowledgeable about sports than I express on this board.

And I'm pretty sure you're joking, at least in terms of level of blame you're giving the ball. But if not, your comments about such say it all

2. that's probably why OP posted the thread

3. CC drives by defenders regularly and needs the mid range shot. I see multiple opportunities that she passes it up or sometimes throws it away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT