Eierman Arrested

fourbyfour69

Scout Team
Oct 30, 2003

Four-time All-American Hawkeye wrestler charged with OWI​

August 5, 2023 jhunter Local News

Lang
8/5/23
A four-time All-America wrestler from the University of Iowa has been arrested for drunk driving.
Iowa City Police say they pulled over a car being driven by 27-year-old Jaydin Eierman of North Liberty on Dubuque Street near Interstate 80 just before 1:00 Saturday morning. Investigators say Eierman had trouble maintaining his lane and crossed the fog line three different times.
Police say Eierman showed signs of intoxication and had a bar stamp on his hand. A ripped bar wristband was also reportedly found on the floor of the vehicle. Eierman allegedly admitted to drinking earlier in the night and to still feeling the effects.
The Columbia, Missouri native reportedly performed poorly on field sobriety testing and registered a breath alcohol level of .144%. He’s now charged with Operating While Intoxicated.
Eierman wrestled for Iowa from 2020 to 2022 after transferring from Missouri. Late last year he announced he was going to begin training for a career in mixed martial arts.

Four-time All-American Hawkeye wrestler charged with OWI​

August 5, 2023 jhunter Local News

Lang
8/5/23
A four-time All-America wrestler from the University of Iowa has been arrested for drunk driving.
Iowa City Police say they pulled over a car being driven by 27-year-old Jaydin Eierman of North Liberty on Dubuque Street near Interstate 80 just before 1:00 Saturday morning. Investigators say Eierman had trouble maintaining his lane and crossed the fog line three different times.
Police say Eierman showed signs of intoxication and had a bar stamp on his hand. A ripped bar wristband was also reportedly found on the floor of the vehicle. Eierman allegedly admitted to drinking earlier in the night and to still feeling the effects.
The Columbia, Missouri native reportedly performed poorly on field sobriety testing and registered a breath alcohol level of .144%. He’s now charged with Operating While Intoxicated.
Eierman wrestled for Iowa from 2020 to 2022 after transferring from Missouri. Late last year he announced he was going to begin training for a career in mixed martial arts.
He got the mixed and arts right, too bad the martial part was drinks.

The Riddler was one of the funnest Hawks to watch wrestling before his injury. You didnt want to blink while watching. I called him Gumby because of the unreal positions he could get in to. I was really hoping he would join HWC and compete freestyle wrestling.

The Riddler was one of the funnest Hawks to watch wrestling before his injury. You didnt want to blink while watching. I called him Gumby because of the unreal positions he could get in to. I was really hoping he would join HWC and compete freestyle wrestling.
Someone should let Chun know about this potential recruit also on the KCJJ arrest page.

According to arrest records, 29-year-old Melissa Vega of Postville punched her live-in significant other between five and eight times outside Pint’s on South Clinton Street just before 2:15 Saturday morning. Vega also reportedly punched someone in the back of the head and threw food at them. The incident was allegedly caught on camera.

Vega was arrested on charges of Assault and Domestic Abuse Assault. Police say she slipped out her handcuffs while in the back of the squad car. The handcuffs were re-applied, and Vega was warned not to do it again. Police say she then bragged that she was double-jointed and again slipped out of the handcuffs.

Someone should let Chun know about this potential recruit also on the KCJJ arrest page.

According to arrest records, 29-year-old Melissa Vega of Postville punched her live-in significant other between five and eight times outside Pint’s on South Clinton Street just before 2:15 Saturday morning. Vega also reportedly punched someone in the back of the head and threw food at them. The incident was allegedly caught on camera.

Vega was arrested on charges of Assault and Domestic Abuse Assault. Police say she slipped out her handcuffs while in the back of the squad car. The handcuffs were re-applied, and Vega was warned not to do it again. Police say she then bragged that she was double-jointed and again slipped out of the handcuffs.

swear that sounds like my ex-wife….. no pics I burned them

In the days of Uber, Lyft etc, I don’t get how so many still get arrested for Drunk Driving. Our county by and large has gotten soft on crime, but not when it comes to DUI. It’s one of the only crimes that folks are still held accountable for thanks to MADD. OWIs are expensive

Last edited:
Did the NCAA stop with the requirement to be on a path for a degree or did Jaydin have multiple degrees? I did the whole college for 7 years thing but that was undergrad, graduate and law school done at age 25. I always thought the USA had the weakest OWI penalties of any country.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule

I think I like this woman.

84f1f12a96eedae0a48acfd6cfb242771730d9615d1bb78f3a3d08f09eb53e88_1.jpg

Completely agree about taking an Uber or Lyft but it's not as easy as you'd think to get one in the Des Moines area... especially after Covid.

I had 3 consecutive Uber's cancel on me a few weeks ago in West Gen well before midnight. Finally got a hold of a Taxi. The driver's only like to stay in a small radius around a few bar districts and have no desire to drive you 20 minutes home as there's much quicker fares in a few zones.

Did the NCAA stop with the requirement to be on a path for a degree or did Jaydin have multiple degrees? I did the whole college for 7 years thing but that was undergrad, graduate and law school done at age 25. I always thought the USA had the weakest OWI penalties of any country.
5 undergrad and 2 masters is pretty common.

Completely agree about taking an Uber or Lyft but it's not as easy as you'd think to get one in the Des Moines area... especially after Covid.

I had 3 consecutive Uber's cancel on me a few weeks ago in West Gen well before midnight. Finally got a hold of a Taxi. The driver's only like to stay in a small radius around a few bar districts and have no desire to drive you 20 minutes home as there's much quicker fares in a few zones.
Exactly, Lyft is advertising a $200 bonus for 10 rides in 5 days right now for new drivers and $2000 for 150 rides in a month. They’re hurting for drivers.

In the days of Uber, Lyft etc, I don’t get how so many still get arrested for Drunk Driving. Our county by and large has gotten soft on crime, but not when it comes to DUI. It’s one of the only crimes that folks are still held accountable for thanks to MADD. OWIs are expensive
That last part is the DUI game for law enforcement and the justice department. Money Money Money. If the kid would have been pulled over for being high on pot would have coat him very little.

Interesting… The top mindset would be associated with the codependent partner. The bottom a narcissistic partner. For a woman experiencing Borderline Personality Disorder, (BPD) those are the two best dysfunctional fits. Lol
where I come from her her condition is called bat sh!t crazy…exactly the kind of woman I gravitated towards all my younger life

Dub I could tell you some stories brother 😳

I’m going say one thing, and then slink away.

The U.S. literally has more incarcerated people than any other country on earth by a very large margin. If we are soft on crime, the rest of the world is a giant marshmallow.

I’m going say one thing, and then slink away.

The U.S. literally has more incarcerated people than any other country on earth by a very large margin. If we are soft on crime, the rest of the world is a giant marshmallow.
Dude really?! The crime rate in our country is insane. One of the reasons it’s so high is because criminals know that very little is going to happen to them. In California if you are arrested for Grand Theft (stealing something $950 or more), you are now eligible for theft School. That’s a school designed to explain to adults that stealing is wrong. It’s really hard to get sentenced to prison in California. You have to hurt somebody. The prisons are full of people have done just that.

Dude really?! The crime rate in our country is insane. One of the reasons it’s so high is because criminals know that very little is going to happen to them. In California if you are arrested for Grand Theft (stealing something $950 or more), you are now eligible for theft School. That’s a school designed to explain to adults that stealing is wrong. It’s really hard to get sentenced to prison in California. You have to hurt somebody. The prisons are full of people have done just that.
I could write volumes about this topic, as it was a focus on some of my academic studies in college. Many studies/research have shown that unfortunately punishment for criminal activity is not a strong deterrent to crime. At first that seems counter-intuitive, but when put into context of a criminal's social and financial situation, and the factor of emotional (as oppposed to rational) human behavior, it's not surprising. Essentially, the possibility of time in jail or prison is not going to have much deterrence on someone acting criminally. Therefore, the political slogan "get tough on crime" only serves to garner votes in elections, and if actually carried out, simply incarcerates an even greater percentage of our population. Sad but true.

I could write volumes about this topic, as it was a focus on some of my academic studies in college. Many studies/research have shown that unfortunately punishment for criminal activity is not a strong deterrent to crime. At first that seems counter-intuitive, but when put into context of a criminal's social and financial situation, and the factor of emotional (as oppposed to rational) human behavior, it's not surprising. Essentially, the possibility of time in jail or prison is not going to have much deterrence on someone acting criminally. Therefore, the political slogan "get tough on crime" only serves to garner votes in elections, and if actually carried out, simply incarcerates an even greater percentage of our population. Sad but true.
If you look at penalties for crimes outside the US they are MUCH steeper. Shoplift in France you can go to prison for 1-3 years. In the US? You get a ticket. Remember Britney Griner? She was looking at serious prison time for Hash Oil possession in Russia. In the US? Again a ticket. A relatively small group of folks are responsible for the commission of crimes. If they are held accountable (I.e.; locked up) the crime rate goes down. While I didn’t do something as all encompassing as writing a paper on it I have worked in Law Enforcement in a major metropolitan area for 25 years. Pre 2020 crime was much lower. Crime where I work is up on average of about 60%. Many large cities (including the county I work in) are practicing Deterrence Theory (or not sending bad guys to jail). This means bad guys commit crimes and very little happens to them. I could go on for 10 pages of real world examples of serious crimes being committed by bad people that do little to no time in jail. These folks know that nothing is going to happen to them. I know they know cause they tell us. My whole point is that DUI is political in a lot of places and has a major lobby group MADD that won’t stand for leniency when it comes to Drunk Driving. In many cities you will do more time and pay more in legal fees for DUI than you would if you stole someone’s car, then fled from police. (assuming you were sober). Hope Jaydin gets help if he needs it.

If you look at penalties for crimes outside the US they are MUCH steeper. Shoplift in France you can go to prison for 1-3 years. In the US? You get a ticket. Remember Britney Griner? She was looking at serious prison time for Hash Oil possession in Russia. In the US? Again a ticket. A relatively small group of folks are responsible for the commission of crimes. If they are held accountable (I.e.; locked up) the crime rate goes down. While I didn’t do something as all encompassing as writing a paper on it I have worked in Law Enforcement in a major metropolitan area for 25 years. Pre 2020 crime was much lower. Crime where I work is up on average of about 60%. Many large cities (including the county I work in) are practicing Deterrence Theory (or not sending bad guys to jail). This means bad guys commit crimes and very little happens to them. I could go on for 10 pages of real world examples of serious crimes being committed by bad people that do little to no time in jail. These folks know that nothing is going to happen to them. I know they know cause they tell us. My whole point is that DUI is political in a lot of places and has a major lobby group MADD that won’t stand for leniency when it comes to Drunk Driving. In many cities you will do more time and pay more in legal fees for DUI than you would if you stole someone’s car, then fled from police. (assuming you were sober). Hope Jaydin gets help if he needs it.
Sad but true. If laws were changed to allow a shop owner to defend his shop by lethal means, many shoplifting crimes would end and end quickly. But that is not our society. In some Arab countries they cut off a hand for shoplifting. Needless to say, they do not have problem with shop lifting. I am not advocating for that, but actual stiff and immediate punishment seems to deter the activities.

The DUI thing is a money maker. It is around to stay. Why send a guy to prison and pay to feed him etc when you can get him to pay the state or city a ton of money? I am not big fan of prison for drugs or for many things actually, but I am a fan of direct and immediate physical punishment. Exactly what shape that takes is a tough call.

We all want to protect the innocent from being wrongfully punished at the hands of some power hungry angry sheriff or policeman, but I think the pendulum has swung too far and now the criminals are getting a way with too much.

You haven't been to San Francisco lately. Businesses are pulling out left and right because "there are no consequences for crime". Punishment is a deterrent.

You’re so off base. The percentage of folks in prison in the U$ FAR SURPASSES any other first world country. And that’s a sick fact. The end.

Sad but true. If laws were changed to allow a shop owner to defend his shop by lethal means, many shoplifting crimes would end and end quickly. But that is not our society. In some Arab countries they cut off a hand for shoplifting. Needless to say, they do not have problem with shop lifting. I am not advocating for that, but actual stiff and immediate punishment seems to deter the activities.

The DUI thing is a money maker. It is around to stay. Why send a guy to prison and pay to feed him etc when you can get him to pay the state or city a ton of money? I am not big fan of prison for drugs or for many things actually, but I am a fan of direct and immediate physical punishment. Exactly what shape that takes is a tough call.

We all want to protect the innocent from being wrongfully punished at the hands of some power hungry angry sheriff or policeman, but I think the pendulum has swung too far and now the criminals are getting a way with too much.
Singapore is a place that will cane your ass in public for vandalism of a car or less. That is why it was a clean and relatively crime free city. Not sure if this is still true, but did show that punishment is a deterrent. Do you think these brazen thieves and thugs beating random people up in the streets would keep doing this if they were arrested and caned 20-30 times in public my a martial arts expert ? I guarantee this shit would stop in a few weeks.

Singapore is a place that will cane your ass in public for vandalism of a car or less. That is why it was a clean and relatively crime free city. Not sure if this is still true, but did show that punishment is a deterrent. Do you think these brazen thieves and thugs beating random people up in the streets would keep doing this if they were arrested and caned 20-30 times in public my a martial arts expert ? I guarantee this shit would stop in a few weeks.
Yeah, that’s what we need. More violence.

So fights really do happen at Pints, in the parking lot none the less

Reactions: dgordo
One reason our incarceration rate is so much higher than other first world countries is because we have a crime problem unheard of in Europe and Scandinavia. The statistics on urban violent crime in the USA are shocking.

To set a baseline, the highest homicide rate in first world cities (outside the USA) with populations above 300,000 is Marseille, France with 3.5 homicides a year pre 100,000. Almost all the large first world countries outside the US are at 2.0/100,000 or less.

The US has 34 cities with populations above 300,000 that have homicide rates greater than 30/100,00 per year.
Leading the way -

St. Louis - 87.83/100,000
Petersburg, VA - 76.90/100,000
Flint - 70.70/100,000
Baltimore - 58.60/100,000
Pine Bluff, AK - 56.50/100,000
New Orleans - 51.78/100,000
Saginaw - 44.058/100,000
Birmingham - 49.60/100,000
Memphis - 48.70/100,000
Trenton, NJ - 48.20/100,000
Detroit - 47.90/100,000
Harrisburg, PA - 46.70/100,000
Baton Rouge - 46.50/100,000
Wilmington, DE - 45.23/100,000
Cleveland - 44.02/100,000

Guns are part of the equation. However, many major US cities (many in in gun crazy states!) have comparable or better homicide rates than European cities with essentially no guns. These US cities are below rate at less than 3 homicides per 100,00 annually:

Irvine, CA - 0.72/100,000
Chula Vista, CA - 0.74/100,000
Fremont, CA - 0.85/100,000
Boise, ID - 0.89/100.000
Santa Clarita - 1.85/100.000
Scottsdale, AZ - 1.99/100,000
Chandler, AZ - 2.01/100,000
Gilbert, AZ 2.07/100,000
San Diego - 2.46/100,000
Hialeah, FL - 2.52/100,000
Austin, TX - 2.57/100,000
Lincoln, NE - 2.73/100,000
El Paso, TX - 2.76/100,000
Spokane - 2.76/100,000
Anaheim - 2.83/100,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_homicide_rate

Many of these cities with very low homicide rates are located in gun country. See state rankings for highest gun ownership rate - Texas (1), Florida (2), California (4) and Arizona (7).
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/gun-ownership-rates-by-state/46/

You haven't been to San Francisco lately. Businesses are pulling out left and right because "there are no consequences for crime". Punishment is a deterrent.
On what do you base that? Any review of research and data will clearly show that the threat of incarceration has very little effect on whether or not a criminal commits a crime. Don't misunderstand me, I am in no way arguing for little or no consequences for crime; rather, I'm driven by analysis of data, not emotional reactions. There absolutely should be appropriate punishment of criminals, and the best place as usual is "balance" -- not too hard, not too soft; not "lock them up and throw away the key" but also not a simple slap on the wrist.

Reactions: Trapper85
The US has 34 cities with populations above 300,000 that have homicide rates greater than 30/100,00 per year.
Leading the way -

St. Louis - 87.83/100,000
Petersburg, VA - 76.90/100,000
Flint - 70.70/100,000
Baltimore - 58.60/100,000
Pine Bluff, AK - 56.50/100,000
New Orleans - 51.78/100,000
Saginaw - 44.058/100,000
Birmingham - 49.60/100,000
Memphis - 48.70/100,000
Trenton, NJ - 48.20/100,000
Detroit - 47.90/100,000
Harrisburg, PA - 46.70/100,000
Baton Rouge - 46.50/100,000
Wilmington, DE - 45.23/100,000
Cleveland - 44.02/100,000

... These US cities are below rate at less than 3 homicides per 100,00 annually:

Irvine, CA - 0.72/100,000
Chula Vista, CA - 0.74/100,000
Fremont, CA - 0.85/100,000
Boise, ID - 0.89/100.000
Santa Clarita - 1.85/100.000
Scottsdale, AZ - 1.99/100,000
Chandler, AZ - 2.01/100,000
Gilbert, AZ 2.07/100,000
San Diego - 2.46/100,000
Hialeah, FL - 2.52/100,000
Austin, TX - 2.57/100,000
Lincoln, NE - 2.73/100,000
El Paso, TX - 2.76/100,000
Spokane - 2.76/100,000
Anaheim - 2.83/100,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_homicide_rate

Pablow,
Uncertain what this data infers. High levels of aggressive crime (index crimes) varies throughout urban environments. Aggressive crime and violence is usually (theoretically) rooted in systemic, structural, concentrated poverty. Add guns into the mix (legal or illegal) and what could go wrong?

Social scientist point to 'many/numerous factors' involved in the analysis of crime(s). Including alcohol and drug use; social attachments and marriage; homogenous community/environment. However concentrated poverty seems always a mitigating factor.

Reinhold Neibuhr, 'The Nature and Destiny of Man'; required reading when I attended University of Iowa is an excellent primer; a classic philosophical frame-of-reference for viewing this issue.

Last edited:
Pablow,
Uncertain what this data infers. High levels of aggressive crime (index crimes) varies throughout urban environments. Aggressive crime and violence is usually (theoretically) rooted in systemic, structural, concentrated poverty. Add guns into the mix (legal or illegal) and what could go wrong?

Social scientist point to 'many/numerous factors' involved in the analysis of crime(s). Including alcohol and drug use; social attachments and marriage; homogenous community/environment. However concentrated poverty seems always a mitigating factor.

Reinhold Neibuhr, 'The Nature and Destiny of Man'; requied reading when I attended University of Iowa is an excellent primer; a classic philosophical frame-of-reference for viewing this issue.
Poverty, guns, lax law enforcement, apathy (does anyone care about East St. Louis?) - many factors I am sure.

Reactions: el dub
Yeah, that’s what we need. More violence.
Since 2020, there has been shit loads of violence, but non from the law abiding good guys and law enforcement, which is why the thugs have been so emboldened. Punishment and fear works on these assholes. Obviously, this country will never be as though as places like Singapore and Middle East countries, but just having a little threat of some sort of punishment may at least stop this insanity in big blue cities. Most of the tax paying law abiding citizens will move as will business, and these cities will collapse into complete kaos and will be begging to be bailed out by the federal government (Us).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT