ADVERTISEMENT

Elementary school shooting in TX

None of the solutions being offered from the Right will be successful because, as we saw, even police are incapable of following through on their training.

Again... no sales of rapid fire weapons to civilians.

But that solution is too obvious.
Hmm you don’t think making involuntary commitments easier would help?

When they deflect and compare it to Chicago, absolutely.
Really? Look at the post above yours. You liked it. Purely race baiting bs that’s not even based in reality. Rs are currently discussing bipartisan gun control.

Idiots that post pictures with their guns should immediately give up the right to own any guns...
2B4E47F900000578-3195156-image-a-9_1439393065728.jpg
gang-members-guns-rifle-27640001.jpg
140425-daly-shooter-tease_nz93lp.jpg
PbL8yBjASSalZOlMyfCWZAA7PlIqoHzeDRzpt84IqfE.jpg
ratio3x2_700.jpg
47708081-9974021-image-a-8_1631202466559.jpg

Reactions: NCHawk5
Idiots that post pictures with their guns should immediately give up the right to own any guns...
2B4E47F900000578-3195156-image-a-9_1439393065728.jpg
gang-members-guns-rifle-27640001.jpg
140425-daly-shooter-tease_nz93lp.jpg
PbL8yBjASSalZOlMyfCWZAA7PlIqoHzeDRzpt84IqfE.jpg
ratio3x2_700.jpg
47708081-9974021-image-a-8_1631202466559.jpg
That's my biggest issue with people thinking "securing schools" is the main solution here.

One point of entry sounds good on paper but it only takes one student or teacher forgetting to lock/close a backdoor behind them one time for the plan to go to shit. You'd need 100% buy in from the students and faculty at all times, you'd have better luck repealing the 2nd Ammendment than that happening.
Yes, it is difficult to completely secure a school. Even if you completely secure the building, the students still have to arrive in the morning (via bus, car or walking/biking) and leave in the afternoon. Are you also not going to allow any outside activities during the day? Also, there are literally thousands of other targets besides schools.

My worry about having armed teaches will be the increase of teachers, staff, etc going postal or accidental shootings. Those numbers will greatly outweigh the benefit of deterring a mass shooter.

Reactions: bdg8
My worry about having armed teaches will be the increase of teachers, staff, etc going postal or accidental shootings. Those numbers will greatly outweigh the benefit of deterring a mass shooter.
I posted this in another thread. These are my thoughts on arming teachers.

A teacher carrying is an awful idea. Think about how many times trained cops shoot people because they believe someone has a weapon and they are threaten. Do you think the public will be ok if Joey brings a BB gun to school that looks like a real gun and the teacher takes out the threat before anyone is harmed? What if Donny is arguing with Tom, the teacher steps in to break it up and one of the boys takes the teacher's gun and shoots the other?

The public thinks teachers are teaching their children to feel guilty for being white and that LGBTQ is the best lifestyle, but the same people are going to think they were protecting the class when a teacher shoots a student that appeared to be carrying a weapon?

A teacher carrying is an awful idea. Think about how many times trained cops shoot people because they believe someone has a weapon and they are threaten. Do you think the public will be ok if Joey brings a BB gun to school that looks like a real gun and the teacher takes out the threat before anyone is harmed? What if Donny is arguing with Tom, the teacher steps in to break it up and one of the boys takes the teacher's gun and shoots the other?

The public thinks teachers are teaching their children to feel guilty for being white and that LGBTQ is the best lifestyle, but the same people are going to think they were protecting the class when a teacher shoots a student that appeared to be carrying a weapon?
Think of it another way. What if a janitor is going though an ugly divorce. And is mentally low. Now u have someone with keys, knowledge of building, and where firearms are. Plus won't look out of place until shooting starts.

True, except the postal part should be way low on your worry list, otherwise I agree.

Think of it another way. What if a janitor is going though an ugly divorce. And is mentally low. Now u have someone with keys, knowledge of building, and where firearms are. Plus won't look out of place until shooting starts.
Those kinds of incidents could happen as well. Guns have no place in school.

Agreed. It’s the dumbest of many dumb ideas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT