ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk - Jew hater

Kenneth Griffin

HR Legend
Jan 13, 2012

Elon Musk’s Disturbing ‘Truth’​

Yair Rosenberg

5–6 minutes

The billionaire affirmed the deadliest anti-Semitic conspiracy theory in recent American history.
Elon Musk

Nathan Laine / Bloomberg / Getty
November 15, 2023, 10:52 PM ET
The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society “likes to bring invaders in that kill our people … Screw your optics, I’m going in.” Those were the last words posted online by Robert Bowers before he massacred worshippers at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue in 2018. It was the single deadliest anti-Semitic attack in American history. In previous postings, Bowers explained the grievances that led him to commit mass murder. He shared meme after meme asserting that Jews were conspiring to flood the country with brown people in order to oppose and displace the white race. “Open you Eyes!” declared one. “It’s the filthy EVIL jews Bringing the Filthy EVIL Muslims into the Country!”
Enjoy a year of unlimited access to The Atlantic—including every story on our site and app, subscriber newsletters, and more.
Become a Subscriber
On Wednesday night, the world’s wealthiest man affirmed this same conspiracy theory on X, formerly Twitter, the social-media site he owns. Like so many of Elon Musk’s acts of self-immolation, it happened in the space of a tweet. The incident began with a post from a conservative Jewish user who complained about anti-Semitic content on social media during the current Gaza conflict. “To the cowards hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and posting ‘Hitler was right,’” he wrote. “You got something you want to say? Why dont you say it to our faces.” A small-time white-nationalist account soon responded by attributing this anti-Semitism to minorities, and blaming it on the Jews:
Jewish communties have been pushing the exact kind of dialectical hatred against whites that they claim to want people to stop using against them.

I’m deeply disinterested in giving the tiniest shit now about western Jewish populations coming to the disturbing realization that those hordes of minorities that [they] support flooding their country don’t exactly like them too much.

You want truth said to your face, there it is.

This exchange would have languished in obscurity had Musk not replied to this bigoted bromide with six words: “You have said the actual truth.”
Don’t miss what matters. Sign up for The Atlantic Daily newsletter.
It should not need to be said, but sadly it does: Jews—a famously fractious people that includes Jared Kushner, George Soros, Bill Maher, and Noam Chomsky—do not have a shared consensus, let alone a collective conspiracy to subordinate white people through immigration policy. And even if there were a unified Jewish agenda, it would make absolutely no difference. That’s because, contrary to deranged delusions of anti-Jewish conspiracy theorists, public policy is not set by the 0.2 percent of the world population that is Jewish, but by the 99.8 percent that isn’t.

Recommended Reading​

All of these basic facts somehow escaped America’s most famous entrepreneur.
More than an hour later, after it became clear that Musk’s missive was doing profound damage to his already dented reputation, the billionaire attempted to clean up his claims about the Jewish community’s perfidy by saying that he was only referring to the Anti-Defamation League—as though being anti-Semitic toward one group of Jews is somehow less objectionable. (It’s not.) In any case, the walk-back lasted five minutes. After another critic complained that it was “not fair to say or truthful to say that ‘Jewish communities’ promote dialectical hatred towards white,” Musk replied: “You right that this does not extend to all Jewish communities, but it is also not just limited to ADL.”
None of this is new. It wasn’t the first time Musk echoed anti-Semitic conspiracy theories from his social-media bubble. And it wasn’t the first time he blamed anti-Semitism on Jewish actions, pinning the prejudice on its victims. After months of marinating in the most conspiratorial cesspools of his own site, Musk arrived today at his inevitable destination.
But just because Musk’s affirmation of white-nationalist ideology was the unsurprising outcome of his online radicalization spiral doesn’t make it any less devastating—or dangerous. Anti-Semites believe that a minuscule Jewish minority controls the direction of the non-Jewish majority. But the truth is the opposite: The fate of the tiny Jewish community rests in the hands of non-Jewish society. Whether the anti-Jewish ideas of Musk and others become the new normal is not up to Jews; it’s up to everyone else.

He's crazy. The ketamine and lack of sleep don't help. I keep telling people that some board members eventually are going to have to pitch him out of one of his companies. You can't have a CEO being a racist anti-Semite while staying up all night long rage tweeting against random people.

He's crazy. The ketamine and lack of sleep don't help. I keep telling people that some board members eventually are going to have to pitch him out of one of his companies. You can't have a CEO being a racist anti-Semite while staying up all night long rage tweeting against random people.

So you're saying he's qualified to be president.

I don't get the continued fanboy love for him. He didn't create Tesla. He just lied that he did. He bought Twitter and turned it into personal ego project. SpaceX continues to over promise and under deliver. He's a horrible boss who thinks that his workers should spend every waking hour on the job while he goes clubbing and tries setting up MMA fights between him and other rich assholes. This latest news is just yet another example of what a massive POS he is.

I don't get the continued fanboy love for him. He didn't create Tesla. He just lied that he did. He bought Twitter and turned it into personal ego project. SpaceX continues to over promise and under deliver. He's a horrible boss who thinks that his workers should spend every waking hour on the job while he goes clubbing and tries setting up MMA fights between him and other rich assholes. This latest news is just yet another example of what a massive POS he is.

Our country (and the whole world) has a problem with extremism. People are attracted to extreme views and actions. I have a friend who loves Musk. That friend happens to be Jewish. I'm eager to hear if there's still love. There might be some used Tesla's available in the near future.

I honestly think musk must be talented. I’m grateful for the boost the EV movement got from his promotion of Tesla. What I think is going on here is a classic case of a guy thinking expertise in one thing makes him an expert in everything. It’s gotten a lot darker since the purchase of Twitter obviously. I honestly feel bad for the guy. Constantly divorced, just kind of weird, and is captured by a pretty awful ideology.

Your jealousy is getting the best of you. You're sounding unhinged and spouting a lot of misinformation. More than usual even.

I mean, SpaceX has a good chance to launch 100 Falcon 9's this year. No other launch provider is even close.

Reactions: hawkedoff
I honestly think musk must be talented. I’m grateful for the boost the EV movement got from his promotion of Tesla. What I think is going on here is a classic case of a guy thinking expertise in one thing makes him an expert in everything. It’s gotten a lot darker since the purchase of Twitter obviously. I honestly feel bad for the guy. Constantly divorced, just kind of weird, and is captured by a pretty awful ideology.

I don't feel bad for the guy one bit. Extreme people are usually weird but that's what can make the successful. And I'm not convinced the whole EV movement is a good thing. In 10-20 years there's going to be a number of issues because of EV.

I think he's done lots of other drugs, too.

Probably went MAGA when his son came out as trans and had to blame someone or something. That has to be incredibly difficult for any parent.

Reactions: BelemNole
Our country (and the whole world) has a problem with extremism. People are attracted to extreme views and actions. I have a friend who loves Musk. That friend happens to be Jewish. I'm eager to hear if there's still love. There might be some used Tesla's available in the near future.
their voices are amplified, that' all. It's a problem but most people aren't extremists.

their voices are amplified, that' all. It's a problem but most people aren't extremists.
It's not that people are extremists, the problem is people are attracted to extremists. There's something exciting to people that draws them to the extreme people. It's the same thing as what happens with athletes.

I don't feel bad for the guy one bit. Extreme people are usually weird but that's what can make the successful. And I'm not convinced the whole EV movement is a good thing. In 10-20 years there's going to be a number of issues because of EV.

Maybe feel bad for him isn’t a good way to say it. I don’t envy his life at all. Sounds awful to me.

I’m not happy with the ADL either and I’m an ultra Zionist Jew. The ADL has used the name of Jewish people to push an agenda that has nothing to do with the Jewish faith, it actually goes against the Jewish faith , I’m with @elonmusk on this one and I’m sure most of his Jewish friends to

The moral dilemma certain posters on GIAOT must be going through right now has got to be horrific.

Without Twitter their lives would be empty. But, but, but Elon... :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT