ADVERTISEMENT

Encyclopedia of sandwiches

ThamesHawk

HB Heisman
Mar 16, 2013
If I had to pick one to eat for the rest of my life, it would probably be a Reuben.

103420841_10159405169557502_1710307252794245882_n.jpg

Tough to pick just one off of there. I’m having a tough time picking between a gyro or a cubano.

I don’t really consider a gyro a sandwich though, so I guess I’m going to pick the cubano.

You might as well include a hotdog on the list if you are going to have gyros.

Reactions: McLovin32
If I was ordering once, I’d go with different options...but for the rest of my life I’d go more plain; I’d get sick of sauerkraut, some of the sauces and veggies.

So prob Turkey club or cubano. But again, if I walked into a restaurant with that menu I knew I was only going to be there once… Those are not what I would order.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Lobster Roll
Gyro
Falafel

Those are my final three. Probably lobster roll ftw. There are a lot of sandwiches on that list that I like.

While I love Reubens, I will put in a plug for a pork tenderloin or a ribeye steak sandwich.

If I had to pick one to eat for the rest of my life, it would probably be a Reuben.

103420841_10159405169557502_1710307252794245882_n.jpg
Most delicious sandwich is probably a fried chicken sandwich. Most interestingly delicious would be the gyro. Assuming I still have access to steak, if I had to have just one sandwich over and over again it would probably be the turkey club with bacon.

If I was ordering once, I’d go with different options...but for the rest of my life I’d go more plain; I’d get sick of sauerkraut, some of the sauces and veggies.

So prob Turkey club or cubano. But again, if I walked into a restaurant with that menu I knew I was only going to be there once… Those are not what I would order.
Exactly my thought process.

Reactions: ping72
cheese steak

patssteaks-cheesesteak-creditdanyahenninger-doublecrop-1024x576.jpg

there is way too much variance in a cheesesteak to be chosen for the rest of your life. There are some amazing cheesesteaks...but if you walk into a random restaurant and order one there’s a 75% chance it’ll suck. Basically boiled/leftover meat heated up with onions. And then some places will drizzle liquid cheese on it...wtf? And almost as bad...some will use American “cheese.”

Way too risky for a rest of your life selection.

On my dad's death bed the last thing he said to me was "take this son" and handed me a bottle of buffalo sauce. He passed seconds after that and breathing through his nose, I'll have you know.
On my dad's death bed the last thing he said to me was "take this son" and handed me a bottle of buffalo sauce. He passed seconds after that and breathing through his nose, I'll have you know.

I think you forget I was there. I had my hand up the grieving widow’s skirt providing comfort.

So I know he absolutely had oxygen tubes up his nose. That doesn’t count.

Reactions: Moral
Tough to pick just one off of there. I’m having a tough time picking between a gyro or a cubano.

I don’t really consider a gyro a sandwich though, so I guess I’m going to pick the cubano.

Those two plus a ten napkin roast beef po boy or a cheesesteak would be in my top three of generic sandwiches.

Now if we are picking only one sandwich from one place.....I might have to go with the Italian Sub from White House Subs in Atlantic City, NJ.

Whitehouse_CrossSection.jpg

Or maybe the Pastrami from Landers Deli in LA.

9260e1fe140b442d973629ec56345ab4.jpg

Good place for this classic rant from a grilledcheese specific subreddit five years ago:

"A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire subreddit consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this subreddit is called "grilledcheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy.

Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese.

I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own subreddit entitled "melts" because that is not a fvcking grilled cheese.

I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them.

Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over reddit and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this subreddit this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own subreddit just because I know this one exists now.

You god damn heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt."

Good place for this classic rant from a grilledcheese specific subreddit five years ago:

"A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire subreddit consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this subreddit is called "grilledcheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy.

Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese.

I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own subreddit entitled "melts" because that is not a fvcking grilled cheese.

I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them.

Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over reddit and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this subreddit this morning I finally snapped. Hell, I may even start my own subreddit just because I know this one exists now.

You god damn heretics. Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt."

he’s right, you know.

Reactions: Tenacious E

I respect his convictions and call for law and order in the sandwich universe. After all,
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT