ADVERTISEMENT

Eno?

Football is circular, but you have to of been there first for it to come back around. Do you remember how horrible Bama was? I hate to break your spirit, but if we keep winning and ESPN releases our long over due dominance in the 90's 30/30 guess who's back!

Nebraska is not a roll the helmet out anymore. Hell the piss boys of Notre Dame are way bigger. Is Nebraska bigger than Iowa historically? Sure. Last 15 years not even close.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Neb, MO, LA, Miss, and Minn..... You would be surprised how many Nebraska fans there are and how receptive people are. Now, it's not the brand it once was, but it can be again, I'm naive.

I want Iowa to do well because it helps the conference. Now, sec fans are some of the worst and I'm marrying a LSU grad soon. Like I said, we were the most consistent team for the longest, so it's time for our turn again. We haven't been crap for the last 15, but there is something happening in Lincoln. I hope you guys straighten the ship and we bang it out, with a win of course. Remember, u can't buy history or tradition.

No idea. I'm not trying to argue that Iowa is a national brand.
Not saying that.

Adidas has two full time employees embedded in the Nebraska Athletic Department, along with IMG, and other national sports marketing firms.

I honestly don't know if this is common in a lot of B1G schools, but if it isn't, it says a lot about the national perception of the Nebraska brand.

Reactions: huskersoup
Nebraska is not a roll the helmet out anymore. Hell the piss boys of Notre Dame are way bigger. Is Nebraska bigger than Iowa historically? Sure. Last 15 years not even close.
You had better go dig out your history books.
Since 2000 Nebraska has more wins-less losses-more bowl games-better bowl record They Hold the edge in head to head matchups and has more top 25 finishes. Take it back 20 years and it gets real ugly. To say it is not even close is pretty ignorant.

Football is circular, but you have to of been there first for it to come back around. Do you remember how horrible Bama was? I hate to break your spirit, but if we keep winning and ESPN releases our long over due dominance in the 90's 30/30 guess who's back!
Wait, I think this dude is serious!? :\

I believe it was a wide receiver that transferred from Texas to ASU that invited him as a friend. It was reported on the Scout premium board that he let the Iowa staff know and it wasn't anything serious. Hope this clears the air for everyone.
Sidenote-Former Hawk-Jay Norvell- recently joined the ASU staff. He was the wr/interm OC at Texas last year..

Hopefully it is nothing more than doing what Matt Roth did. I believe it was Roth who said he took the Miami visit in high school because it was a free trip to Miami and already knew he was going to Iowa.
Took that trip with OL prospect- Blake Larsen...that is where the hot tub stories came from...

Not saying that.

Adidas has two full time employees embedded in the Nebraska Athletic Department, along with IMG, and other national sports marketing firms.

I honestly don't know if this is common in a lot of B1G schools, but if it isn't, it says a lot about the national perception of the Nebraska brand.

Adidas can spare the extra employees working there because no one wants to wear Adidas in football.

I just don't understand how these message boards always end up like this.
A Nebraska fan is not going to give Iowa any credit.
An Iowa fan is not going to give Nebraska any credit.

We are all loyal fans to our own team so I don't understand why people go to other message boards to try and stir up pointless drama. You guys sound worse than kids in high school and that's from both sides of the argument.

To compare and contrast because I'm not here to get into a pissing contest. I live in sec territory and wear my husker gear proud. You can say we're not blue bloods, but take this for what it is. They sec folks always come up and say, "Nebraska" and I'm always ready to talk. This is the difference between us and you guys. First, it is usually what happened to yall? Second, this very important to a Iowa perspective, they say, "man I remember when you had Tommy Frazier blah blah, Turner Gill blah blah, Tom Osborne blah blah, and Rozier blah blah!" Now that is important because you guys don't have that. You will never be Nebraska and I'm not saying that we are better than u guys because we're not. Give credit, where credit is do...... When you can be in a slump for 20 years and other fans are still talking about your blah blah blah, you have made history and you are a blue bloods my good sir! GO BIG RED look forward to our game
Can you repeat that in something other than jibberish, please?

I didn't realize your girlfriend was a Hawkeye fan...sweet!
I'm surprised you're having trouble recognizing your sister from that angle.

Anyway, I'm thinking about popping the question. What do you think about one of these?

CgmxX_SU0AEoilp.jpg:large

To compare and contrast because I'm not here to get into a pissing contest. I live in sec territory and wear my husker gear proud. You can say we're not blue bloods, but take this for what it is. They sec folks always come up and say, "Nebraska" and I'm always ready to talk. This is the difference between us and you guys. First, it is usually what happened to yall? Second, this very important to a Iowa perspective, they say, "man I remember when you had Tommy Frazier blah blah, Turner Gill blah blah, Tom Osborne blah blah, and Rozier blah blah!" Now that is important because you guys don't have that. You will never be Nebraska and I'm not saying that we are better than u guys because we're not. Give credit, where credit is do...... When you can be in a slump for 20 years and other fans are still talking about your blah blah blah, you have made history and you are a blue bloods my good sir! GO BIG RED look forward to our game

Syntax please....

I'm surprised you're having trouble recognizing your sister from that angle.

Anyway, I'm thinking about popping the question. What do you think about one of these?

CgmxX_SU0AEoilp.jpg:large
My sister died of cancer two years ago and that's not her. Thanks for playing though.

Not saying that.

Wow
End of argument.
Bugeaters best in everything ever.

Wow
End of argument.
Bugeaters best in everything ever.

I'm an anomaly....fan of both, with history with both programs.

The IMG example is perhaps the funniest in this thread. Is it suppose to impress? It's the group that sells radio advertisement, signage, and gives out thousands of tickets per game for free. The only thing that distinguishes IMG from any other sales, licensing, broadcast right org structure/relationship that I can tell is they are as responsible for a sell out continuation as anyone. This is serious. you want tickets, you are on their prospect list, or do some for of 'sponsorship', all is it takes is a phone call for fists full of tickets.

This is not a slam on Nebraska, make you own conclusion if it is for the fellow that cited IMG.

Reactions: BG2004
Not saying that.

I've found Nebraska's problem.

Eno tweeting he's a Hawk is not the same as signing.
What are you all gonna say if he flips?
"But, but... Eno... you PROMISED us. You PROMISED us on Twitter!"?

Pretty sure he's coming to Iowa, if I had to bet. But you never know.
And judging by the philosophical and existential nature of some of his tweets, who the hell knows.

Not saying that.

Nebraska is a soccer school?

He's making whatever announcement he has at the end of this week per his twitter.. my guess is, it has nothing to do with football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT